Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

AUSTIN, Texas – August 11, 2011 – Android™ gamers will be the first to experience the new sci-fi MMO universe of Star Legends™: The Blackstar Chronicles from Spacetime Studios, the developer of Pocket Legends. The title launches with more than 80,000 players already from the beta.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is a sci-fi mobile MMORPG set in a far corner of our galaxy during the 41st century. In this initial Star Legends installment, human privateers travel to the UCS Blackstar, a massive colony ship, to answer the call of fame and fortune. Two factions, the space-age humans and the alien threat known as the Vular, battle one another for resources, power and inter-galactic dominance.

Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is the second title in the popular Legends franchise. The first game, fantasy themed Pocket Legends, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with approximately five million downloads.

"When we launched Pocket Legends on Android we were blown away by the response from the community. Android has since become the leading revenue driver and our primary focus," says Cinco Barnes, Chief Vision Officer, Spacetime Studios. "It is so easy to publish apps on their Market that it became a no-brainer for us to flip the standard mobile game strategy on its head and launch on Android before any other OS."

GAME FEATURES
    • Thrilling sci-fi, futuristic 3D world where humans and aliens battle for universal supremacy
    • Three customizable character classes with unique appearances and abilities
    • Thousands of space-age items including: weapons, armor sets, and equipment
    • Countless hours of worldwide, multiplayer, open-world gameplay
    • MMO components usually reserved for PC, including: character development and progression, grouping, guilds, friends, chat, and more
    • Playable via Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connections on Android 2.1 and above mobile devices
    • XPERIA PLAY Optimized.

The title is Powered by Spacetime which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.

AVAILABILITY
    Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles is free to download and play. The game features optional microtransactions and virtual currency that can enhance the play experience with vanity items and costumes.

The game is currently available for download on Android Market™ and VCAST.

For more details visit http://www.starlegends.com/

Gameplay Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNiH8wohrI

Level 20-25 Numa Prime Planet Adventure Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtVBycVAIo

About Spacetime Studios
    Spacetime Studios is an independent game development studio located in Austin, Texas. The company was founded in late 2005 by online game veterans Cinco Barnes, Gary Gattis, Jake Rodgers and Anthony L. Sommers.

In 2010, Spacetime released Pocket Legends, the world’s first cross-platform, 3D, persistent mobile MMO. The game’s pick-up-and-play format, expandable nature, and unparalleled instanced gameplay have propelled it to become a landmark title on Apple and Android-based mobile devices. The company continues to expand its content and technology lead in the mobile multiplayer market. Spacetime has been recognized by Develop as one of the world’s 100 most successful game studios.

Spacetime Studios, the Spacetime Studios logo, Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and all associated artwork and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Spacetime Studios, Inc. Apple, the App Store, iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple. Android and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.

All company and product names may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 08-11-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

So no ios still?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We got it first, too bad Apple!
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Still no iOS...ouch, that hurts. Yay for everyone else, though.....
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm about to snap if Apple doesn't approve SL soon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Gotta love my Android man.
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

:0 /cry!!
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm expecting to see ALOT of news footage of apple's headquarters getting attacked by angry mobs... xD

I kid though... sucks I still can't play with my iOS using friends...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Super excited! So this means we are out of beta stage and on full release without Apple? And we totally get new content which means I won't just have to stand around anymore or just power level other chars! EXCITED!!!
    Think you have what it takes to be a Phoenix? Apply Here: http://phoenix-guild.forumotion.com
    GM of Phoenix: Criostal-Lvl 46 Engineer | AoB: CriostalAoB-Lvl 10 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    Gotta love my Android man.
    Grr.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Okay Droid users, now's the time to show the love. Please don't rub it in for us poor iOS users....we're suffering enough....LOL
    I'm glad that STS has released the full version on the Android....congratulations. Maybe THAT will help Apple speed up the approval....LOL.
    Regardless, I will play SL on my iOS whenever it is finally released. No flaming Apple or anyone else...it is what it is....I'm just jealous...
    Have fun everyone...remember, Life is a highway....
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyJim View Post
    Okay Droid users, now's the time to show the love. Please don't rub it in for us poor iOS users....we're suffering enough....LOL
    I'm glad that STS has released the full version on the Android....congratulations. Maybe THAT will help Apple speed up the approval....LOL.
    Regardless, I will play SL on my iOS whenever it is finally released. No flaming Apple or anyone else...it is what it is....I'm just jealous...
    Have fun everyone...remember, Life is a highway....
    Totally agree, please no Apple hate. We'll moderate pretty heavily here. We love both platforms and are very much looking forward to getting it into iOS player's hands!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Totally agree, please no Apple hate. We'll moderate pretty heavily here. We love both platforms and are very much looking forward to getting it into iOS player's hands!
    My hands are little and grubby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im just about done waiting i will return when level cap is one 100 which would be in like forever im just done with this android getting everything and 80000
    Users is not that much apple has 1,920.000 and still android gets everything even thought we have more users and please dont write we are still waiting for apple approval thanks for your patience and understanding

Can you do something else maybe calling them cause i think im done spamming on there Facebook wall's
    Last edited by SUPAPRODIGY; 08-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

oh well... i guess I can wait a little longer... at least now android users are happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Congrats to STS on taking what must have been a hard decision.

As an iThingy user, I fully support you getting this game out..... You've all worked hard and have struggled for weeks with Apple to get this to all users (both Android & iOS) at the same time but there is only so long that everyone can wait.

Hopefully Apple will see this as a message that software developers simply can't continue to delay their offerings down to Apples approval processes and often strict, unclear and non-transparent rules....

Well Done...
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

To all my friends on iOS, I am waiting for you guys. Saved a couple of alts to just be able to run and level with you. I really hope to see you all in SL soon.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think we iOS users deserve the wait. I should have never bought iPhone in the first place. Now I'm regretting getting it. Next phone will be an Android for sure. We are under the absolute power of Apple. We will never get it. Let's get back to PL. I only envy Android users that can play SL, that seems such a good game. Oh Well....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Congrats on a successful launch, and giving up waiting for Apple with their constant delays! Off to update now.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange