Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfligh View Post
    Im confused about star legends releasing on android first, I thought sts made it clear there would be a simultaneous release. Just seems like they have already gotten the unfair advantage bc of the beta and now the full game is open to them first. Seems like apple users are being punished bc apple isn't allowing a release yet. But on a better note congrats on the release and I can't wait to DL and play
    I understand that this isn't all sts's fault but it's not all apple either but I feel like the iOS players are being left out in the cold. If this is going to be they new business model (releasing new content on droid first) setting expectations for is iOS users may cut down on thread rage
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    To be fair I do not think anyone is trolling here. Just frustration, some of the iOS users have been waiting on this for so long they are feeling cheated... Normal human reaction (Squirrels would understand this much better).
    It is true. I do feel bad, as if cheated. But STS needs to sell their product. I can't be angry. Just sad.
    BG 2:12 Never at any time did I not exist, nor you, nor all these kings, and never shall we cease to exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Any chance of getting a response if droid first is going to be the norm going forward?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cooooool cant wait for star legends on apple
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The title is Powered by Spacetime which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.
    Did I see Windows Users?? Is it for the Windows Phone 7?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

iOS users should be compensated. Saying you're releasing the game for both systems simultaneously and then deciding to release on Android first is pretty low. If there is not any sort of compensation, I doubt I will play considering the huge advantage that Android users get as far as guild names, character names, and the massive head start on leveling. Not impressed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have an iPhone, you can't play this game... I can see the commercial already!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Congratz Devs! Your Baby is finally oOthen the market. I am bummed as well as I have been waiting for this since It was to be a PC game and was cut. But there's mouths tofeed and a game doesn't sell if nobody can buy. Now let's all pray for apple to hurry.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not trying to troll here, but if all you apple users who have not already saved your name, are really worried about the lack of names when you get on.....

Borrow a friends Android for 5 min, download the game, and create your character.

I know this is not an great alternative but im just trying to be semi helpful. Just dont steal the phone after you play for 2 min and cant put it down...
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yea its nobodies fault I was just expecting a simultaneous release and bummed that its not. I don't blame sts for releasing it they gotta make paper but I don't see why they would go and tell everybody they'd release at the same time then not. Bummed; but I check my app store many times a day waiting for the release bet I'll be buying an iTunes card and plat ASAP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I honestly can't fault STS for their decision to release on android. They had the game sitting there, ready to go, but tried to wait for an apple release. Then they tried to wait some more. And again, wait some more. Little bit more.....ready yet?....wait some more. Every day they held up the launch on android trying to be fair and launch multi-platform, was a day they took a loss. And apple has been doing this to them for weeks. I have an ipod, my wife bought it for me as a gift a while back. I certainly can't afford to pay the kind of money I see androids going for. I have been waiting along with the rest of the apple users, checking the app store several times a day, just like most of the others. As frustrated as I am with apple and their "Approval Process" their is very little STS can do about it, but can you just imagine the kind of damage apple is doing to their reputation with stunts like this? STS is far from alone in their plight with apple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default graveyard?

Did i just enter a graveyard? Cheer up people!!! The game's beta has ended! This is great news! It means everything going back to normal! Another two weeks for apple to approve it and bam! Back in business. Besides, all those android users need all the help they can get! i think we can afford to give em two measly weeks head start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

So...anyone up for spamming app store's Facebook wall?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    So...anyone up for spamming app store's Facebook wall?
    I doubt that will accomplish anything, also I'm not convinced that STS would condone that type of behavior. You're welcome to it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

The wall already has a bunch of post about SL on it so if Apple ever reads it, they will hopefully hurry up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm jealous of all the Android users ... but I applaud STS's decision. I think it sends a message to those who have the mind to understand. Read around the forums and you'll gather why it's not out on all platforms yet. STS is trying to be polite about it and not blaming anyone, but we're all intelligent people who can read between the lines (I hope) and it's pretty clear that this not STS's fault but some other company's. People have to be blind not to see that.

All of us iDevice users have willingly entered into an agreement that gives Apple the right to decide when and what software we get to install. There are both advantages and disadvantages to this approach, and we have to take the good with the bad. If they happen to disapprove of an app for reasons that none of us would care about, we don't have any power because they're the ones who get to decide what we're allowed to run on our own devices. If we don't like this, we can choose as consumers to go with a different product.

Back when my husband and I bought our iPads, there were no other viable tablet choices. The market will look very different when it comes time to replace our tablets, and app availability is certainly a factor we'll consider when deciding what brand to get next.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Back when my husband and I bought our iPads, there were no other viable tablet choices. The market will look very different when it comes time to replace our tablets, and app availability is certainly a factor we'll consider when deciding what brand to get next.
    I have an iPad for the same reason (and my wife has an iPad2) but I was a long time, loyal Verizon Wireless customer so I was forced into an android phone for a while. When I upgraded my original droid, I passed on the Verizon iPhone and now I'm glad I did. I'd much rather play on the iPad though just due to screen size so I do have sympathy for those who have not so diversified. I agree with the comments that STS had little choice but to do this, and hopefully it will put pressure on the approvers...

Congrats to the devs on the game release!
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    Not trying to troll here, but if all you apple users who have not already saved your name, are really worried about the lack of names when you get on.....

Borrow a friends Android for 5 min, download the game, and create your character.

I know this is not an great alternative but im just trying to be semi helpful. Just dont steal the phone after you play for 2 min and cant put it down...
    Or we'll just have to be Uber-creative like those Android users did when PL had been running already on iOS for months before Android.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Any chance of getting a response if droid first is going to be the norm going forward?
    Still looking for a response
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    AUSTIN, Texas – August 11, 2011 – Android™ gamers will be the first to experience the new sci-fi MMO universe of Star Legends™: The Blackstar Chronicles from Spacetime Studios, the developer of Pocket Legends. The title launches with more than 80,000 players already from the beta.
    The title is Powered by Spacetime which will allow Android, iOS and Windows users to play together globally. The technology supports game play over Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G networks.
    Um... what is this about "Windows users"? Does this mean Windows Phone or Windows on PC? I heard that Star Legends may come to PC/Mac in the near future. Anyone know what this means?