Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Details about the per-game Platinum decision

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Details about the per-game Platinum decision

When we originally conceived of multiple game titles that share a single account, we also planned to have our in-game currency work across all of our games. We very much wanted this convenience for our players, and had every intention of carrying through on this. These systems are extremely popular and many gamers enjoy them in the PC and console gaming world through companies like Valve, Sony Online Entertainment, NCsoft, and many more. We thought that this was possible in the Mobile world as well.

While our second Legends app (Star Legends) was in the approval process across multiple storefronts, a specific platform’s App Store interpreted their terms of service to not allow this activity.

Their terms of service have been subject to interpretation before and have been known to change without notice to developers. When we made the original announcement about shared accounts and currency we had every indication that a universal currency was possible.

In order for Star Legends to be available to players on multiple platforms, our Platinum has to be game specific. This was not our hope for Spacetime players. We developed Star Legends with every intention of our currency being usable universally across our gaming ecosystem to extend the value of a player’s purchase. We are very disappointed that it was not the case as this is obviously a feature game players desire.

Consequently, we have tried very hard to make amends with the players who purchased Platinum with that feature in mind. As a result of the current interpretation of policies and a need to set things right with our players, we granted in excess of 1.5 million platinum to players who had purchased platinum after we had made our single-currency announcement. This is hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of platinum that we decided to grant in order to rectify the situation.

We know we would not be anywhere without the loyal fans who play our games, and we very much appreciate their support and understanding.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

So thats how it went down well it might be apple as thats the only company that does those things that spacetime is in i wonder if that affects the speed of approval
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks g. I know you guys do everything you can for the community.

I for one appreciate the dedication of the development team at STS for everything they do for us.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was upset at first, however I am an avid fan and know my money is still going to make the games I enjoy that much better with new content and items. I fear change is all i'm saying...lol!

Dosumn (26) Engineer
    Kelmud (26) Commando
    Levay (25) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

G-

I certainly appreciate the more detailed explanation, but I'm still unclear on why it was necessary to refund platinum spent on SL rather than permit a one-time allocation between games. SL is not yet out on the specific platform in question (we can't say iOS? Is this the new Voldemort?). Why not let people allocate? I don't want to take money from STS and I don't want the 180 platinum STS effectively gave me (150 spent in SL refunded in PL and 30 "free" in SL). I want to allocate platinum to SL.

The current solution seems to satisfy absolutely no one. STS loses money in the form of PL and SL platinum grants. Players are unhappy anyway because they don't have platinum on the new game where they want it. The game is still not out on iOS. Everyone loses.

Can you please explain why you believe it is not possible to allow a one time allocation? To the extent the Apple TOS prohibits in-app purchases being used outside that app, I note that I did not purchase my platinum "in-app," but rather on the website.

Thanks in advance for your response.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

AnotherAzi, we couldn't offer a transfer as it is not allowed, simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Bottom line: If they do not do the per game segregation they are not allowed to release SL.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    a specific platform’s App Store interpreted their terms of service to not allow this activity.
    Let's see, there are two platforms you are releasing for and one of the two already let you release to the Market (notice I used the term Market instead of App Store). I wonder which of the two platforms was the one causing the speed bump. If only Sherlock was here he'd be able to figure it out. I just can't deduce any further.
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am guessing it is these:
    No physical or real-world services allowed.
    Items or services purchased within your application must be accessed and used inside your application.
    Some Apple guy probably sees selling Star Legend currency in Pocket Legends and Vice Versa the same as a Walmart app selling a $60 'coupon' for a free XBox 360 game redeemable in their store.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

So even though I bought the plat through star legends, it goes to PL?

Not complaining as I find elixirs more beneficial in PL anyways. Just curious.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

No Flow, if you bought it in Star Legends using Android Market, it stayed in Star Legends.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for info Justg. Most companys wouldn't even bother with telling users anything. Just another example of how you guys go above and beyond when dealing with the fans. I wish the plat really was universal, but at least we know now and can move forward.

And definately thanks for the 30 plat in SL.

DT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Was the platinum rewarded on pocket legends or star legends?
    INDUBITABLY:banana

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN View Post
    Was the platinum rewarded on pocket legends or star legends?
    Star Legends
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

So if im playing on an apple device will i still get my platinum?
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    No Flow, if you bought it in Star Legends using Android Market, it stayed in Star Legends.
    Oh, well unless I'm mistaken, I bought plat through star legends that got transfered to PL. Purchase was on August 2…I could have spent it all, but I'm 90% sure it was like 50ish plat that I had left that got switched to PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN View Post
    So if im playing on an apple device will i still get my platinum?
    I believe that Sam previously has said yes to this. It will automatically be in the SL account for users that bought plat in PL during the dates noted in the other thread announcing the plat give away/thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

What if I bought plat through the STS store and used Amazon to pay for it?

At the moment it's all assigned to PL but it was purchased with the plan of using lots of it in SL.
    None of it went through Apple or iTunes. I would think unless STS or Amazon has prohibitions, I should be able to allocate that plat. I'm sure I'm not the only one who used a non-Apple, non-iTunes, non-in-game channel.

So for those of us who went through STS and at the time did not get an option to allocate between SL and PL, can we do that now? Is there an issue if we spent plat in both games?

If we go through STS in the future, can we allocate some plat to one of STS' games and some other plat to another of STS' games? We're talking not being in game at all and going just through the STS website.

Star light, star bright...

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Web purchases that we were not able to allocate were duped in both games for players that were playing Star Legends. Right now purchases in the Web Store must be allocated to a specific game, in the future we will put in functionality to split it.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-11-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thank you STS for the adjustment on my Web purchase! I would just like to formally thank STS. That is all.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange