Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Mighty Greed! Manners?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

About giving... Gluttony said it best.

About "Manners"... I think good manners is when you say "Grats!" because someone else gets a drop.

If something drops for someone and I really need it, I won't say anything. I don't ask to trade or buy, and I don't even ask to see it in a trade window. People don't know how much things are worth until they check cs. It's not right to pressure people to give you something you want, and they don't even know how much it's worth. This is especially not a good thing to do to a friend. We all want pinks, we are happy when we get them, don't take that away from your friend because the item would be nice on your twink.

If I was level 53, farming for a twink, I would have a different plan. I would level up the 53, and use the loot and gold from leveling to buy the Voodoo set, which would cost under 300k. The weeks of farming would instead be weeks of leveling. I could earn the 300k while leveling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    In video games years ago, there was a "nb4g" policy/tradtion. "Nb4g" means need before greed. When loot dropped whoever needed it was entitled to it. There was no auto-looting like there is in this game. After the incident that happened to you, this may seem like a great idea. But, this is one of those things that looks great on paper but does NOT workout as expected. As harsh as it may be once-in-a-while, our auto-looting system is a thousand times better than these other methods.

These other methods used to slow down the rate of killing mobs at least in half. So xp and farming was twice as slow as it is today. Rarely was everyone happy with decisions that were made. We'd have to all stand around when anything even halfway decent dropped do that evryone could roll dice. People would ninja loot. All this could cause server-wide drama for days or even weeks. It was incredibly boring, painful and frustrating.
    I remember those days in eq. The looting after a raid was problematic. Whoever looted the corpse first locked out everyone else. So, as the dragon (or whatever) was dying, people would get ready to click as fast as possible to be first to open the loot window. Hopefully the raid organizer would get in first. If not, then we would not know what disappeared due to a ninja looter. The random loot method in PL is so much better.