Thread: Thoughts on implants

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Thoughts on implants

So implants are all crafted. The recipes have to be bought, and are all the same price (1250 coins). Very importantly, like other classes of items, you can only use one at a time.

The currently offered implants are:

Nano-Skin Armor Implant: 35 armor
    Dura-Skin Armor Implant: 50 armor
    Marksman MG-1 CRIT Amplifier: 3% crit
    Hawk-Eye Damage Implant: 3 damage
    Eagle-Eye Damage Implant: 5 damage
    Dodger D-1 DODGE Amplifier: 5% dodge
    Hit-n-Quit H-1 HIT % Amplifier: 5% hit

Now here's the problem. Since I can only use one, which is best to use? Given typical stats at level 25, the damage and hit implants are only small improvements (<8%). And yet, the Eagle-Eye Damage Implant is one of the hardest things to build, because it requires a purple (PSYONIC Plasm of Hate) and *two* of one of the rarest greens (NANOTECH Disruptive Nanites, which I've so far only seen one of).

In short, the cost vs. reward is highly imbalanced between the various implants. In addition, it makes very little sense to take a small improvement to damage or hit, when you can get a much larger improvement (percentage wise, and in terms of actual performance) to any of armor, crit or dodge.

I think this could use some improvement.
    Last edited by mycroftxxx; 08-12-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So thats the way they work..

dmg buff does seem low

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it is that way by design. Less damage = slower content consumption meaning it takes longer to get to the current cap without spending plat on enhancers.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx:379762
    So implants are all crafted. The recipes have to be bought, and are all the same price (1250 coins). Very importantly, like other classes of items, you can only use one at a time.

The currently offered implants are:

Nano-Skin Armor Implant: 35 armor
    Dura-Skin Armor Implant: 50 armor
    Marksman MG-1 CRIT Amplifier: 3% crit
    Hawk-Eye Damage Implant: 3 damage
    Eagle-Eye Damage Implant: 5 damage
    Dodger D-1 DODGE Amplifier: 5% dodge
    Hit-n-Quit H-1 HIT % Amplifier: 5% hit

Now here's the problem. Since I can only use one, which is best to use? Given typical stats at level 25, the damage and hit implants are only small improvements (<8%). And yet, the Eagle-Eye Damage Implant is one of the hardest things to build, because it requires a purple (PSYONIC Plasm of Hate) and *two* of one of the rarest greens (NANOTECH Disruptive Nanites, which I've so far only seen one of).

In short, the cost vs. reward is highly imbalanced between the various implants. In addition, it makes very little sense to take a small improvement to damage or hit, when you can get a much larger improvement (percentage wise, and in terms of actual performance) to any of armor, crit or dodge.

I think this could use some improvement.
    I agree with the need to know before crafting. I was curious so I used an enhancer to test it...ended up going with the dura skin armor, I think that made the most difference.