Thread: What You Need to Know About the Cryoworm Brooch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default What You Need to Know About the Cryoworm Brooch

So there is still a little bit of outrage going around about how the Planar Pendant is "better" than the Cryoworm Brooch. I have both pendants and in my oppinion, the Cryoworm Heart (Level 54)is better so here is a few things that I want to share with you guys based on my experience with the Cryoworm Heart.Please remember that this is just my oppinion and my persepective before getting salty about what I say.Remember, it's about the topic/issue not what I say.
    1.It isn't all about stats. It seems like the path the new items are taking this expansion is making it all about procs and not much about stats. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I am liking this new approach and the items still have decent stats. A good expamle of this is between the Flame Forged Staff and the legendary mage weapons. The legendary mage weapons may have better stats than the Flame Forged Staff, but the Flame Forged Staff's proc absolutely decimates enemies. So what does this have to do with the Cryoworm Brooch? Well the Cryoworm Brooch and Planar Pendant are also an example of this. The Planar Pendant may have superb stats and an ok proc that procs rarely, but the Cryoworm Brooch has good stats (maybe not as good as Planar Pendant) and has a proc that can make a significant impact compared to the Planar Pendant's proc.
    2. The proc. The Planar Pendant's proc procs rarely and when you are lucky enough to have it proc, it just knocks back enemies (and that might cause problems if you had the enemies in a great spot though if you have pulling pet like swift, it shouldnt be a problem) and just drops a few crystals that is dependant on your class that gives a decent stat buff depending on what crystal you pick up. On the other hand, the Cryoworm Brooch procs way more often and applies to all classes so the effectiveness of the proc will always stay the same unlike the Planar Pendant. The Cryoworm Brooch's proc may last for 4 seconds, but that 4 second stun can help out a lot and the Cryoworm Brooch's heal and damage per tick is about as effective as 1 Shady and Surge damage and heal pool and it does stack with multiple procs as well so you do essencially have Shady and Surge equipped.
    3. The best way to use the Cryoworm Brooch. To maximize the power of the proc, you will need as much DoT as you can (like farming with Jewel Elixirs).Here is a list of things that you can use to get the best out of your Cryoworm Brooch:
    Pets
    -Shady and Surge
    -Singe
    -Magma
    -Toor
    -Blinky
    -Gloom
    -Titan
    -Nilbog
    -Slobber
    -Swift
    -Wurmtongue
    -Sentinel
    -Abaddon
    -(If theres any DoT pets I left out, let me know)
    Mage Gear
    -Flame Forged Staff
    -Glintstone Staff
    -Firesquid Rod
    -Charward Rod
    -Goblin's Blighted Staff
    -Flamestrike Rod
    Mage Skills
    -Time Shift:Countdown of Pain
    -Frost Bolt:Jagged Ice
    -Fireball:Ignite+Fireball Mastery
    Tank Gear
    -Dragon Hunter Sword
    -Glintstone Aegis
    -Glintstone Maul
    -Goblin's Blighted Glaive
    Tank Skills
    -Axe Throw:Mastery
    -Windmill Prolonged Spin
    -Skyward Smash:Thundering Hammer
    Rogue Gear
    -Glintstone Longbow
    -Flame Forged Blades
    -Planar Knives
    -Goblin Blighted Skewers
    -Agile Heartseekers
    Rogue Skills
    -Entangling Trap:Razor Wire
    -Noxious Bolt:Lingering Poison,Noxious Bolt Mastery,Strengthened Shot
    -Shadow Piercer:Leading Dagger,Rising Death
    -Razor Shield:Bleeding Cuts,Increased Duration

PS: I referenced the wrong type of arcane pendant in the title. I referenced the lvl 52 pendant instead of the lvl 54 pendant which I intended to mention in this post.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-09-2016 at 05:08 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks for this information. Can you suggest what Cryoworm heart is good for me? I am a mage, should I get the Arcanist or the Mystique? Please help.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim S. Barcelo View Post
    Thanks for this information. Can you suggest what Cryoworm heart is good for me? I am a mage, should I get the Arcanist or the Mystique? Please help.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    I'd suggest Arcanist because it provides a good balance of health and damage, but if you don't mind not having that health boost and want even more damage,go for Mystique.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks for sharing Kaziscate, always helpful threads

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Pereira View Post
    Thanks for sharing Kaziscate, always helpful threads

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    No prob.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

First u compare not relevant about the issue.
    Planar Mythic Pendant is L 41 vs Arcane Pendant Cryoworm BroochL52 ( different about moree than 11 level)
    Cannot compare beetween
    Mythic Staff L 51 vs Legendary L 56 (different about 5 lvel). Its different, of course the best way in this case is mythic L51, in that case above is mythic L41 way is it better than Arcane L52, the compared item is more bigger level and also bigger class, its Arcane.

If u wanna compare about this issue is like example mythic bow 36 vs arcane dagger 46 the range level is little bit different and also class is same (different about 10 level), which way that example is best for u???? Mythic bow 36??? Or arcane dagger 46?? Not only about stat, but also proc of course different in class.

In my opinion, still the arcane pendant is buggy.....useless than mythic pendant which these situation. Need more buff not only in stat, but also in proc.
    Last edited by sciucafez; 06-09-2016 at 03:21 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When we get an item like pendant of course what u want is new version and more bigger level is have a good stat and also proc.

But many player is dissapointed about new ARCANE PENDANT L52 and more prefer old MYTHIC PENDANT L41.
    Stat may be good in arcane but health is bad...very bad...and also proc so far i've used it not too be good.

In my oppinion before, if the mythic Bow L36 compared than arcane dagger L46, is mythic bow more better, WHY SO MUCH PLAYER USED ARCANE DAGGER L46, why not used Mythic bow L36. How about stat, is L36 health is better than L46?? Of course in new L46 ALL IS BETTER NO MATTER ABOUT THE LEVEL, BUT ALSO THE CLASS.

(Same prologue in case mythic planar L41 more better than arcane pendant L52 so in reality many player used old mythic planar pendant, see also the price arcane pendant going down and bad, they all sell it...just like trash...)
    Last edited by sciucafez; 06-09-2016 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Additional info compare

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But ur oppinion completely false. U cannot compared. Tottaly wrong. Compare item in the same situation and condition.
    U said mythic staff 51 vs legendary 56. In my oppinion of course mythic staff more better. But these case cannot compare to mythic 41 vs arcane 52, its completely different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

give him a break at least he bother to write up such details how "he felt" , we all know the cryo amulet is crap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sciucafez View Post
    When we get an item like pendant of course what u want is new version and more bigger level is have a good stat and also proc.

But many player is dissapointed about new ARCANE PENDANT L52 and more prefer old MYTHIC PENDANT L41.
    Stat may be good in arcane but health is bad...very bad...and also proc so far i've used it not too be good.

In my oppinion before, if the mythic Bow L36 compared than arcane dagger L46, is mythic bow more better, WHY SO MUCH PLAYER USED ARCANE DAGGER L46, why not used Mythic bow L36. How about stat, is L36 health is better than L46?? Of course in new L46 ALL IS BETTER NO MATTER ABOUT THE LEVEL, BUT ALSO THE CLASS.

(Same prologue in case mythic planar L41 more better than arcane pendant L52 so in reality many player used old mythic planar pendant, see also the price arcane pendant going down and bad, they all sell it...just like trash...)
    I know why people don't use 36 mythic bow, it's because there is no level 36 mythic bow lol.

He's comparing them because something that is 13 levels lower is still better or just slightly worse then an arcane item.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hahaha...i mean mythic 36 dagger. Lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    I know why people don't use 36 mythic bow, it's because there is no level 36 mythic bow lol.

He's comparing them because something that is 13 levels lower is still better or just slightly worse then an arcane item.
    Hahaha i mean mythic 36 dagger.