Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can't easily solo in SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Can't easily solo in SL

I can basically single pull every zone in PL. Even before the zone level restrictions in PL, i could twink a character, and solo a much higher level zone by single pulling. eg. Leveling a 30 twink in Oasis. I wouldn't even need to buy healing potions, since they would drop often enough in the higher zones.

It seems that SL is intentionally built to prevent this. In fact, some zones in SL start with a swarm of bugs that cannot be pulled separately.

Is this because STS doesn't like people soloing? Or, is it a way to encourage people to buy potions with plat?

Once I hit 26 with one character in SL, I think I will spend most of my time in PL. I play PL when i have to wait for something, or take little breaks from working or studying, or during TV commercials. I can't be that casual playing a game if I'm forced to group and pay attention the entire level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It encourages teamwork and requires people of different classes to finish a level.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Yep, that's the good thing about sl, its all about teamwork,

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Lol gotta laugh at these threads...Your sposed to work together as a team to get through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Cant solo easily? I love the fact its harder to solo but that still don't stop alot of players from doing so.. i solo 1st couple of lvls of Numa to stay on leaderboards its fun but its not 'the easiest thing in the world to do' otherwise it wouldnt be challenging enough.. turned lv14 solo'd dead man.. maybe spawn are hard but get the hang of turning on all machines before dying then the boss is easy.. turned 21 solo'd outer limits easy.. then the other 2 with a littler more difficulty though without using 100s of stim. SSo maybe its 'wont' more..than 'cant'

And as most know I love a good laugh playing in groups and full team work! best part of SL! Guardian runs!!! xD
    Last edited by BodMaster; 08-15-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Guardian runs son!
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Have u tried to look for good combos and enemy weaknesses

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    Guardian runs son!
    What its all bout bro!!!! haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    Agree 100% buddy.. either you run in all guns blazin' or take out one by one..

but prefer to tank in with my 700 defence then pull and and AoE everything in sight.. dont touch your health.. and by the time they all dead you can regen to full life in a few secs xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Its just harder to solo thats all.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

This sounds like a good thing pl has been watered down quite a bit. Cant see how this anything short of a +
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Also consider that it's only Lv. 25 cap. AFAIK, PL was also quite hard to solo until they rebalanced the whole game, which made it considerably easier.

Give it some time, while keeping in mind that SL is a more "hardcore" aspect of PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Take it as a challenge to build good teams. If you doubt that this is the intent, consider that they intentionally added doors that only one character class can open—and there are always chests behind them that you want to pilfer.

In SL, there are many enemies that you simply cannot pull alone—if you pull one, they all come. The sprites (a.k.a. daleks) in Numa Prime for example. This just makes it more challenging, especially when it's a pack of moles* or a vular tankoid (a.k.a. lobster) battle group. Currently I solo the first two levels of Numa Prime, though I skip the sprite capture part in Outer Limits because it takes too long.

* I used to call them dogs, but I observed that they burrow up from underground.
    Last edited by mycroftxxx; 08-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    * I used to call them dogs, but I observed that they burrow up from underground.
    Either way, they sound like dogs.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Guardian runs son!
    Sure, I will be there a while until I get a full set of SunWalker. The guardian actually seems easier to me that Gold Fever, for example, in the PL sewers.

Well... I'm and Engineer built for healing and buffs. I'm not going to re-spec for damage. This is not a problem if I can single pull. Or, if the mez spell actually worked well. Maybe if I had root/slow and a good mez...

I went back to Delta 7 with my 25 Engineer to see if I could solo it. No exp because it's too low. Should be easy right? Well, some levels start with swarms, which cannot be separated. If you recall the king and queen in the PL sewers are close together, but can be single pulled apart. This is the biggest flaw in SL, that I cannot single pull using proximity.

PL allows a variety of strategies to kill stuff. (single pull, kite, root + range attack, tank/heal, etc) Of course the most popular is for everyone to rush in together and kill stuff as fast as possible, but that's not the only way in PL. Unfortunately, it is the only way in SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    Currently I solo the first two levels of Numa Prime, though I skip the sprite capture part in Outer Limits because it takes too long.
    Doesn't count unless you can do it starting with 0 stimpacks, 0 power packs, no enhancers, and without dying. (you can use the stimpacks you collect along the way.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Guardian runs son!
    Sure, I will be there a while until I get a full set of SunWalker. The guardian actually seems easier to me that Gold Fever, for example, in the PL sewers.

Well... I'm and Engineer built for healing and buffs. I'm not going to re-spec for damage. This is not a problem if I can single pull. Or, if the mez spell actually worked well. Maybe if I had root/slow and a good mez...

I went back to Delta 7 with my 25 Engineer to see if I could solo it. No exp because it's too low. Should be easy right? Well, some levels start with swarms, which cannot be separated. If you recall the king and queen in the PL sewers are close together, but can be single pulled apart. This is the biggest flaw in SL, that I cannot single pull using proximity.

PL allows a variety of strategies to kill stuff. (single pull, kite, root + range attack, tank/heal, etc) Of course the most popular is for everyone to rush in together and kill stuff as fast as possible, but that's not the only way in PL. Unfortunately, it is the only way in SL.
    As said in a prior post pl was impossible to solo pre rebalance. Example would be swamps the crocs at one point moved 3-4 times faster than you and had so much armor that you could only do single digit damage with skills and auto threw up a lot of 0's even at level cap (35). Now I can solo swamps with my level 30 without even using any pots.
    Just my 2 plat

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Part of the pick up and play design is the ease to find other groups in your level range, host an open game or join one in progress, team up and tear aliens and badguys apart!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Doesn't count unless you can do it starting with 0 stimpacks, 0 power packs, no enhancers, and without dying. (you can use the stimpacks you collect along the way.)
    BTDT, but it's certainly faster with a few stimpacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Now that I have a full set of SunWalker on my 26 Engie, I can solo most maps. The only problems that I run into are the obvious obstacles intended for cooperation. These include class specific doors, and things like having to set a bomb but not being able to concentrate because of a continuous spawn that someone else needs to divert while I set the bomb. Maybe if I had a lot of dodge gear I could set a bomb.

In a way, SL reminds me of a PlayStation game called "The Adventures of Cookie & Cream". In that game, two players work together to solve puzzles. For example, Cookie would have to hold a rope to open a door so Cream could run through. And, there is no way to solve the levels without cooperation.

Oh, and I know how to kill the swarms now without mez.