Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: DO's and DON'Ts of Star Legends

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I totally agree with "if you ain't dying, you ain't trying", zero-death players are the first to run and leave the group to wipe, zero death players WILL exit the game if there is no other option. I dont like deaths either, but if i gotta tank guardian when my commando goes down, so be it. If i die, so be it. Zero death players who are engi's could have casted that last transference or empathy, but they're too busy turning tail. Zero death commandos will just exit games on you because they have all the aggro and it's pretty impossible to run before you die, which in turn wipes the team more often than not. If i see a player with a zero death record, I'll either leave, or expect the enevitable(sp?). I don't need the extra burden of some who holds back their skills in fear of aggro, or someone who will take off running if the party's health drops below 40%, instead of holding their ground and dying with honor (if thats what it comes to) knowing they did all they could. I don't like having to take into consideration that yes, there is a k/d queen in the ranks, and we have to be extra careful running the level, cuz if they die they'll throw a fit. Everyone can play the game how they want, but the way these players play with a spotless record in an indication that they manipulated the game in their favors to avoid deaths, such as leaving at bosses, never running the harder levels, ditching the team when it gets a little crazy, and so on, and not ever really experiencing the actual game.
    I got zero deaths on 2 of my char and 1 death on the next. This is not how I play, in fact I was told to slow down by several players yesterday. On the downside, my pot/stim consumption is off the scale

Furthermore I think the fact that deaths have no real consequences in the game is a design flaw. Because of this a bunch of players are blindly running around to their deaths completely oblivious of self preservation and proper timing. If anything the lack of "punishment" for deaths encourages carelessness and sloppy game-play.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 08-17-2011 at 07:55 AM.