Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So much Greed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default So much Greed!

So now the market is completely messed up, all thanks to Dope, yes him.... Getting greedy and making the prices so low its unbelievable!

Now merchanting is worthless until Apple release comes out and pinks are introduced.

I'm not trying to flame or anything but seriously go check out the market, there is way too much supply and not enough demand. Already lost 90k on investments, and not making it back any time soon.

Any opinions?
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

don't get green drops so no opinion.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

How is this greedy? He has a lot of stuff to sell. If you have 1 item to sell, you have 1 thing in the auction. If you have 2,000 things to sell, you can have 2,000 things in the auction. The average seller fixes a price so that you can get profit and hopefully not let anyone undercut you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

its tough, living a merchants life

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    How is this greedy? He has a lot of stuff to sell.
    He instantly under-prices everyone who puts an item in...almost instantly. It's gotten to the point where people don't know what to list an item at because the CS has stuff listed so low, so they just list even lower.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    He instantly under-prices everyone who puts an item in...almost instantly. It's gotten to the point where people don't know what to list an item at because the CS has stuff listed so low, so they just list even lower.
    On the flip side, perhaps the green items are priced way too much for what they're actually worth, and he's doing the market a favor. Sellers are mad, buyers are happy, as opposed to buyers are mad, sellers are happy. You still have equilibrium in the marketplace, so greed remains stagnant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

He's letting nobody else make any kind of money, I have lots of money myself... But still nobody else has the chance to make any money if he instantly undercuts you, I'm a merchant myself and this is outrageous.
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    On the flip side, perhaps the green items are priced way too much for what they're actually worth, and he's doing the market a favor. Sellers are mad, buyers are happy, as opposed to buyers are mad, sellers are happy. You still have equilibrium in the marketplace, so greed remains stagnant.
    Yep, everytime a new map comes out, prices for the new items are extremely high, this guy's just bringing the prices back to "normal" whatever the normal price is.
    how bout this. start a price war, until each item is like 500gold. then buy everything you can, and sell them at a higher price agin

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

So it's greedy to charge less for an item? Man I wish more people were greedy...
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

He does that on PL as well but, honestly, I never took offense. I just undercut again. If he's able to sell that many items, it means he's working his butt of to get them in the first place. Not trying to sound offensive here, but maybe you could do the same. I don't see how lowering the market price is a bad thing, it just means more items will be affordable for more people. And, as said, probably the prices right now are just ridiculous.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Walmart tactics are annoying but it does work well for Walmart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    He does that on PL as well but, honestly, I never took offense. I just undercut again. If he's able to sell that many items, it means he's working his butt of to get them in the first place. Not trying to sound offensive here, but maybe you could do the same. I don't see how lowering the market price is a bad thing, it just means more items will be affordable for more people. And, as said, probably the prices right now are just ridiculous.
    I have to agree here. Pl prices are insane considering that once a new expansion is released the gear is for the most part obsolete. I'm sure that to a smaller degree the same is going on in sl. You can either undercut him and farm more and deal in volume or can sit back watch him rack up the credits.
    Just my 2 plat

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Supply and demand, kids. That is how life works.
    All my posts are automatically +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if i can remember, when i first saw dopey on sl cs, he was over pricing, he then prob figured he wasted that much cred for posting the outrageous prices he had em at.

JakesLaidBack (officer): lvl61 Dexbird, lvl26 Operator
    Alts: PL: Mistermetoo, Twinkful SL: Obey, Balancer
    Shop: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...laid-back-shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Does anyone know dopey? Or dopeys guild? He was offering beta players 212k and 500 stim or powerpacks if you joined his guild which I know some that did and he kept his word.. for someone who can give that much away in the beginning indicates that the credit don't mean anything to him as he has prob million's so puts then on cs for however much he wants as hes not really going to gain anything from it.. that said other players that rely on making credits (for stim or there own guild 10k) as there is no other way atm than the CS.. also the new equipment that came out is only a few stats lower than plat items so there is a reason they are being sold high

PL I paid prob over 3mill or more on FF set so 5-20k is nothing in comparison
    Last edited by BodMaster; 08-17-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

It's annoying maybe but if they are under priced then buy buy buy.....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

He's just smart & using the system.
    Like said above, if it's too low, buy buy buy & list for more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I though dopey put stuff super super high when there weren't any others of the items in cs

Anyways, dopey, although I don't know him/her, isn't a greedy person from what I hear. Quite the opposite. He supposedly is a very generous person and gives gold, plat, pots, credits, etc. to friends and those in need. Even if he was, why make a thread trying to flame him? As a merchant, he buys and sells items. Everyone has a different play style. Some farm, some twink, some merchant, some do a little of each. Etc. Just how the game comes together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Wait im confused on ur logic boo, doesnt him selling stuff for cheaper than everybody else make him the opposite of greedy? Personally i like that he's doing it, stuff was sooo overpriced before (yes for greens at this low level they were overpriced), the prices he's currently selling at are much friendlier to the average player and not the average merchanter.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wait so he's greedy for selling items to people at prices they can afford, which make it harder for you to make masses of gold???
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting