Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please dont let officers delete everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Please dont let officers delete everyone

Our guild was deleted completely over night. Only the leader and half a dozen officers were left when I logged in. (note: i was an officer).

The leader got discouraged and deleted the guild. I guess whoever deleted all the members may now celebrate his successful guild destruction.

To prevent so much work from going down the drain so quickly, isn't there some sort of mechanism that can prevent this? Maybe deleting someone just sends a message to the leader, and the leader must complete the deletion. Isn't there something that can be done?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Intersting let see what i can come up with maybe notification telling you who quit and a reason before they leave

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Simple solution: Dont let just anyone be an officer make sure you can trust them and then this wont happen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This can't really be fixed without upsetting responsible people. Unless you want guild kick to be exclusive to the guild master, there's no fair solution. Just report if you know who it was, or email support to investigate who done it. I heard they're perma-banning for ruining a guild. Don't remember where I saw the post.

Just be careful who you make an officer and this can be avoided.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Justg said in an earlier thread that they are perma-banning for this as it is classified as griefing under the TOS. If you know who did it or see it happening email support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Justg said in an earlier thread that they are perma-banning for this as it is classified as griefing under the TOS. If you know who did it or see it happening email support(at)spacetimestudios.com.
    +1 here.

He called it 'griefing' and they perma-ban for this. I believe they may have logs on guild actions as well (hopefully). So a report to support should at least punish him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Indeed punishement is BANNED...

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Simple solution: Dont let just anyone be an officer make sure you can trust them and then this wont happen
    I was just thinking that even if someone you know and trust in RL is an officer, there is still no guarantee that the guild roster is safe. For example, people fall in love, get married, and then divorced... what happened there? I suppose that someone we know and trust can get pissed for some reason, and deletes all the members. Or, maybe an officer gets a little too drunk, and deletes all the members. It's so easy to delete a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Its sad.
    Dont understand how they have fun doing this.

Its true the 1st protection is at the officer nomination. But trust is so easily given and simply hard to detect a 'serial deleter' next to you in your guild until he takes action at the last moment.
    Hope theyll find something to add some protection.

Permabanning is a good thing. Device/mail lock for all StS games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think officers should only be allowed to kick a certain amount of ppl in a 24 hour window. Hard to destroy a guild if they can only kick 3 members a day.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Sounds awful. Good luck getting it sorted...

I know there's an argument that there needs to be a mechanism for officers to delete members swiftly if there are 'issues' with a disruptive member but could there be a way to make it so that 2 officers have to confirm.

So maybe the first flags for deletion and the second confirms deletion?

Not fully involved in the formal guilds side of STS game yet so apols if this is a random useless idea.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

IGNORE THIS....somehow posted twice...once with only half the info. LOOK DOWN
    Last edited by Flowman; 08-18-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Make a 3rd rank in guilds that only allow that group of players to invite people but not kick them. So then you can save officer for truely trusted or alts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXDamonDXx View Post
    Make a 3rd rank in guilds that only allow that group of players to invite people but not kick them. So then you can save officer for truely trusted or alts.
    +1 - It would appear there is currently no half way house. Its all or nothing. So new guilds are left with no option but to allow 'full' access. I like this 'junior officer' idea... I still like the safety net of my idea above though...

I've been part of many groups in RL, and if we want to 'eject' any member, its never the decision of just one person.

[just unsure if this would translate well into SL, awtg iOS release. lol]
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I dont c the fuzz of being absolutely an officer btw.

But yea seems like theres some trend in those bad behaviour. Maybe same people over and over doing that.

An other rank officer as suggest that can only invite is a nice idea.

Also, maybe make officer 5 lvls close to leader only. That would be good for later at high lvl.
    For the moment, it only take little time to lvl to 20+

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Been mentioned before and I will mention it again: When random people come together to form a guild where thesevin-game options exsist, this will continue to happen. Obviously, if someone enters a guild with the desire to be instantly promoted, red flags ought to go up. A few weeks is not enough time to get to really know someone.

My advice is to only promote those you know are trustworthyand if others dont want to be in your guild unless they are an officer then let them leave.

Hope you can get down to the bottom of the problem and I am sure STS will help ya out!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Been mentioned before and I will mention it again: When random people come together to form a guild where thesevin-game options exsist, this will continue to happen. Obviously, if someone enters a guild with the desire to be instantly promoted, red flags ought to go up. A few weeks is not enough time to get to really know someone.

My advice is to only promote those you know are trustworthyand if others dont want to be in your guild unless they are an officer then let them leave.

Hope you can get down to the bottom of the problem and I am sure STS will help ya out!
    ^^ This

Basically, select your officers more careful

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

aside question: what happens in that case with the guild stash/bank?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Given that guild stash doesn't formally exist, nothing.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Only downside to this is that there's a guild of people who purposely go into other guilds acting all buddy-buddy with the leaders and stuff to get officer rank...and then they delete their members. We had one in our guild, and I'm sure you guys have one too.

The idea of flagging for deletion and having to get a second approval is a great idea. In my fraternity, when we are electing the new executive board, we go through a formal election process...even though we're far from 'formal' and are the stereotype of a fraternity. Everything we do requires a "second" opinion to do it. Such as opening nominations, if someone wants to start, it's "motion to open nominations." After someone says "second" nominations are then open. The same idea should apply in game as this is a system of elections and power holding.