Thread: About Retrieving the Best Armor for Future Expansions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default About Retrieving the Best Armor for Future Expansions

First off, I will start this post off with,
    A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE "BEST ARMOR"

Farming for the best armor has always been something that has stayed with the game for a long time and had always been that way. The most prominent armor (that I know of) that started this trend throughout the expansions are the Vili/Himingleva/Uller Armor and Helmet. The helmet was obtainable in the Elite Golden Pirate Chests (obtained from Elite Kraken bosses) and the good ol' Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. The Armor was obtainable from Elite Golden Warchests (obtained from Elite Nordr bosses)and,of course, Locked Grand Crates of the Watch as well. Moving on to the Shuyal expansion, there was a quest you can do to upgrade this mythic armor to level 36. It wasn't hard,but it was very tedious,especially that part where you have to obtain helmet shards by destroying destructibles. Fast forwarding now to the Ren'Gol expansion, we had a new set of gear to farm and that is the Glintstone set. It was a very tedious set to farm because Orc Fangs were frustrating to get from elite Ren'Gol. While it was extremely more tedious than farming for the upgraded Vili/Himinleva/Uller armor, it wasn't impossible to get.Now we will fast forward to this expansion, where a few months ago,the Antignome set was released and not a single person had the complete set. Later on, the Banished set was released and few people started to loot the Antignome set and started to work on getting the Banished set. The only problem is that it isn't as accessible to everybody like the Glintstone set was.

Alright so now that I've gave you guys a brief history lesson, lets talk about the Antignome set. Everybody hates this set,and no not because its extremely good, but the fact that it is near impossible to obtain. Everybody wished for the drop rate to be increased for this set, and Spacetime did just that, but it is still barely accessible to people. So why is that? It is because the set takes complete and utter luck to obtain instead of actual hard work and that is an issue that needs to be addressed. My idea of fixing this issue is that after killing the boss that drops the corresponding Antignome Set piece a large number of times,a quest will appear that will be an alternate method to obtaining that Antignome Set piece. Example: I kill Hugal 500 times and I do not get the Antignome Helm. When I kill Hugal on the 500th run,I will get a quest that will require me to do some tedious tasks that will reward me an untradable chest that can be opened and grant me a random Antignome Helmet for my class. My other idea for solving this problem is to have the bosses provide a satchel currency,obtained in a similar fashion to teeth,but the bosses have their own individual satchel currency and these currencies can be used to buy the chests that I mentioned about in the previous example. Example:I kill Jadis and I am lucky enough to loot 1 Loose Gear off him. I go to the vendor and give the vendor my 200 loose gears to obtain an Antignome Belt of Intellect. I can also give the vendor 200 of Hugal's Fangs to get a Rogue's Unidentified Antignome Crown.

I hope Spacetime takes this Antignome set issue as a lesson for future expansions to make the next best armor more accessible and obtainable to everybody, like the Glintstone set. I do believe that having armor be obtained through questing or farming to get the right amount of satchel currency is better than obtaining it through pure luck or being filthy rich in gold.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-19-2016 at 02:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

No!!! We need rare items to keep this game alive.......

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Woolley For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    First off, I will start this post off with,
    A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE "BEST ARMOR"

Farming for the best armor has always been something that has stayed with the game for a long time and had always been that way. The most prominent armor (that I know of) that started this trend throughout the expansions are the Vili/Himingleva/Uller Armor and Helmet. The helmet was obtainable in the Elite Golden Pirate Chests (obtained from Elite Kraken bosses) and the good ol' Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. The Armor was obtainable from Elite Golden Warchests (obtained from Elite Nordr bosses)and,of course, Locked Grand Crates of the Watch as well. Moving on to the Shuyal expansion, there was a quest you can do to upgrade this mythic armor to level 36. It wasn't hard,but it was very tedious,especially that part where you have to obtain helmet shards by destroying destructibles. Fast forwarding now to the Ren'Gol expansion, we had a new set of gear to farm and that is the Glintstone set. It was a very tedious set to farm because Orc Fangs were frustrating to get from elite Ren'Gol. While it was extremely more tedious than farming for the upgraded Vili/Himinleva/Uller armor, it wasn't impossible to get.Now we will fast forward to this expansion, where a few months ago,the Antignome set was released and not a single person had the complete set. Later on, the Banished set was released and few people started to loot the Antignome set and started to work on getting the Banished set. The only problem is that it isn't as accessible to everybody like the Glintstone set was.

Alright so now that I've gave you guys a brief history lesson, lets talk about the Antignome set. Everybody hates this set,and no not because its extremely good, but the fact that it is near impossible to obtain. Everybody wished for the drop rate to be increased for this set, and Spacetime did just that, but it is still barely accessible to people. So why is that? It is because the set takes complete and utter luck to obtain instead of actual hard work and that is an issue that needs to be addressed. My idea of fixing this issue is that after killing the boss that drops the corresponding Antignome Set piece a large number of times,a quest will appear that will be an alternate method to obtaining that Antignome Set piece. Example: I kill Hugal 500 times and I do not get the Antignome Helm. When I kill Hugal on the 500th run,I will get a quest that will require me to do some tedious tasks that will reward me an untradable chest that can be opened and grant me a random Antignome Helmet for my class. My other idea for solving this problem is to have the bosses provide a satchel currency,obtained in a similar fashion to teeth,but the bosses have their own individual satchel currency and these currencies can be used to buy the chests that I mentioned about in the previous example. Example:I kill Jadis and I am lucky enough to loot 1 Loose Gear off him. I go to the vendor and give the vendor my 200 loose gears to obtain an Antignome Belt of Intellect. I can also give the vendor 200 of Hugal's Fangs to get a Rogue's Unidentified Antignome Crown.

I hope Spacetime takes this Antignome set issue as a lesson for future expansions to make the next best armor more accessible and obtainable to everybody, like the Glintstone set. I do believe that having armor be obtained through questing or farming to get the right amount of satchel currency is better than obtaining it through pure luck or being filthy rich in gold.
    true we need hard work based armor rather than luck based armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Re: About Retrieving the Best Armor for Future Expansions

Other mmorpgs have boss raids at certain times, and top damage dealers globally receive rewards. While we dont have this system we have the boss spawning thing, my suggestion is count the total damage dealt by players on this boss while its active, and when its abt to go back to sleep top 5 mage,tank, and rogue get the antignome and the 6-10 get mold or whatever.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg