Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beware of this griefer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Ok, I'm not the kind of person to put someone on blast and i know that i should have brought more proof, but even if my android was rooted i wouldn't have thought to take screenies till he got offensive anyway.

I'm not lying, I'm definately not trying to "blackball" someone for no reason. This definately happened how i wrote it, and If you choose to not believe me fine, but i am friends with alot of the guildmasters in SL and I'm gonna look out for them and I hope they'd do the same for me. I agree some people's IGN's should be left out ofb certain situations, but what this guy did was totally uncalled for and for him to try ruin my game experience and threaten me because I didn't want to join his guild is super lame of him and IMO he deserves to be blacklisted. People should know this guys name so they don't make a mistake and wake up tomorrow with their guild disappeared.

I understand everyone's concern about putting IGN's out for the world to see, but I promise you nothing happened previously to warrant this and I had never said one word to Fatherpois before this. If what I did was "taboo" i'm sorry, but I'd do it again in a flash because this guy needs a chin check. People like this don't deserve the opportunity to play this game if they carry themselves like that.

How else do you warn your fellow guildmasters of a serious troublemaker without naming names? Sometimes it just has to be done IMO. If he didnt want his name on blast in forums he should've thought about that before threatening me like that, forum etiquitte be damned.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Ok, I'm not the kind of person to put someone on blast and i know that i should have brought more proof, but even if my android was rooted i wouldn't have thought to take screenies till he got offensive anyway.

I'm not lying, I'm definately not trying to "blackball" someone for no reason. This definately happened how i wrote it, and If you choose to not believe me fine, but i am friends with alot of the guildmasters in SL and I'm gonna look out for them and I hope they'd do the same for me. I agree some people's IGN's should be left out ofb certain situations, but what this guy did was totally uncalled for and for him to try ruin my game experience and threaten me because I didn't want to join his guild is super lame of him and IMO he deserves to be blacklisted. People should know this guys name so they don't make a mistake and wake up tomorrow with their guild disappeared.

I understand everyone's concern about putting IGN's out for the world to see, but I promise you nothing happened previously to warrant this and I had never said one word to Fatherpois before this. If what I did was "taboo" i'm sorry, but I'd do it again in a flash because this guy needs a chin check. People like this don't deserve the opportunity to play this game if they carry themselves like that.

How else do you warn your fellow guildmasters of a serious troublemaker without naming names? Sometimes it just has to be done IMO. If he didnt want his name on blast in forums he should've thought about that before threatening me like that, forum etiquitte be damned.
    Sigh.... Again not saying you made this up. Simply pointing out that there is zero reason to post this name in public. Your line about needing a chin check illustrates that this could be on cusp of being a vigalante mentality. If your original post had omitted the offending persons ign and simply added a line about other gms sending a pm if they want/need more information then the tone would be more of a warning. I stand by my opinion that these types of threads dropping names are far to open to abuse and should be avoided
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Ppl, it's called Diplomacy. There's good diplomats and bad ones.

I tend to believe that if you take care of your members and help them out when they need you, there will be no issues with people leaving you for another guild. And in the end, it's their choice. And a huge part of diplomacy is looking at who you're adding to the alliance/guild. If you're the master/leader and you have to make a decision, make it wisely. Don't think because someone speaks well and is "nice" to you that they're cool. Dont be surprised if you add someone down the line who's only intention was to spy on your procedures and your people and report it back to their 'real' guild. This happens in real life, too. And when the spies are found in real life, guess what happens? They're usually excecuted. And if not that, something bad happens to them.

Have you all ever heard of the facebook game Evony? Oh man, it gets NASTY in that game. That one game has the most crazy people playing. You never know who to trust because the bottom line is, everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to be the BEST. It's a game, so that's a given. So in the end, it's all up to you as the master to run your guild and to protect your interests. You have to understand that this is only one person out of potentially millions of people who will eventually have access to this feature and game. If one person has done it, it will happen again. And again. And again. It's a part of the genre of game that you play and it's a part of Diplomacy.

Although the guy didn't have to resort to threatening to delete your members, it's simply a threat. You take that, laugh at it, say yeah ok, thanks, and move on. If anything, it shouldn't make you mad, it should open your eyes to what you may expect down the line and to reorganize your guild so that you know who to trust and who not to trust.

Good luck!

EDIT: Although at this point it was just a threat, if he happens to somehow get your members kicked then I would consider it griefing. Anything other than that. he's being a troll and trying to scare you. Angry because he probably dosn't have very many loyal members. One thing i've learned is that you can very easily 'steal' members from another alliance/guild but don't think they'll be trustworthy or loyal. Don't be naive.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 08-25-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Get use to it or carefully select your officers...
    Both
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
    Been a lot of griefers floating around lately. Biggest sign is somebody that asks for officer rank within 15 minutes of joining. I'm not talking about lvl 4 chars either, I'm talking lvl 21 plus ppl doing this. Just say no to quick promotions.
    Sorry for the triple post but i'm still reading this whole thing. But I absolutely agree. Nobody should be asking for a high rank in the very beginning unless there's an agreement for this and/or they have done something to warrant that promotion. Members should have to prove themselves to the guild and more importantly, the upper officers and master before they can even think about asking for a promotion to a high rank. To come into a guild and you're a brand new member and already asking for a position is just silly. Spoiled kids. Make them work for it and prove that they're legit and down for the guild. If not then they can remain members or leave. Period. If you're smart in the beginning and stay organized, you will weed out the illegitimate players from the real people who want to be there and do the right things for the guild. Just watch and see..
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Griefers omg . Its getting old and annoying. Get a life griefers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And 90% of people who get banned get a new email n come back n continue there crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

WOW, that happened in my guild Thanatos. This piece of poop came up and said he has a friend in my guild who i made officer (because guidl was new and needed more people) and he said he gunna tell his friend to delete everyone that was a member. and then he said do it now or else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I know fatherpois he was an officer from goon squad and deleted all members but did not see him ever since

"There's more than meets the Eye"
    Star Legends: Zraorizer/TheHelper/TheHelperJr
    Dark Legends: Dragon
    Pocket Legends: Zraorizer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol this was dead but anyways thats why sts made recruiter rank now,use it! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I can deal with the poaching, as someone who is willing to leave KoC after everything we've done for them and walk off with our gear on their backs is NOT knight material, and we'd prefer they left anyway, but to be threatened to have your months of hard work flushed down the toilet because you won't join some random guild is DISGRACEFUL and hopefully these troublemakers are dealt with.

This is a warning to all GM's of respected guilds: WATCH WHO YOU PROMOTE because there are guilds dedicated to dissolving the others. Keep an eye on Fatherpois, he was one I never expected this from. Now I feel I can't trust anyone besides my officers and a few choice members. You never know who could be waiting to get promoted just to delete your members. Please fellow GMs, exercise caution when promoting.

Thanks for reading.
    Farewell Neon Genesis... I'll never forget the good times we shared.

That's just dirty...

Egofury (35 Commando)