Thread: Suggestion for guild logs of who joined, who left, who got kicked, and when

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Suggestion for guild logs of who joined, who left, who got kicked, and when

I think that guilds need a log of who has joined, who left, who got deleted and when. These logs should be made viewable by the guild master and the officers as well.

The reason why I think that we need guild logs is because of the recent wave of officers who have begun "mass kicking" (or as it has been called "griefing") people from guilds. A log will allow the guild members and officers to contact people who did get deleted in the event that somebody does kick every non-officer from a guild. If there is a "mass kicker" that kicks when most people are not on, it will also make it possible to see who did it. On that note, I strongly recommend that all guilds exercise caution on who they make officers.

Finally, the last reason why a guild log is needed is to identify trends. If there is a guild poaching members in large numbers, it will be easier to identify who is leaving and why (there is at least one guild that is aggressively poaching on level 25-26s).

I don't think there are any privacy issues at stake here. After all, what guild you belong to is publicly visible underneath your name anyways.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 08-18-2011 at 06:20 PM.