Thread: Nekro Vs Samael as base pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Nekro Vs Samael as base pets

(More inputs needed so added this thread here since pet category is pretty dead on read counts)

I would like to hear all your opinions on these two pets as base since they are pretty much the top 2 on my list right now (As Base Pets)

In terms of overall, i believe majority vote will go to nekro due to its all-roundedness as a pet, so i would just like to focus on the passive instead since happiness bonus and aa can all be slotted now.

Note: Stats are at lvl 46 since i didn't cap, sorry about that

Samael

DMG: 240
    CRIT: 18%

Passive
    1. AOE normal attack (very very small range compared to nekro)
    2. Chance for DoT
    3. DoT can further spread on each tick (proc last 2 seconds, about 4 to 5 ticks within that period, spread range is low)
    4. 30% Chance to slow
    5. 10% Chance to Panic (Stun)
    6. Passive healing Max 156 Hp per heal between 2 - 5 seconds at lvl 46 (not stated in the description)

Nekro

DMG: 258

Passive
    1. AOE normal attack (Huge splash with significantly more DoT damage spread)
    2. Normal attack comes with DoT aftermath
    3. Chance to reduce enemy hit by 20% for 4 sec
    4. Chance to reduce enemy armour by 20% for 4 sec
    5. 10% chance to stun

The difference among the two pets is the additional passive heal for samael which was compensated with nekro's higher dmg, range and spread of DoT.

IMO: Nekro is a more efficient damage dealer, Samael provides really decent healing which kept me at full health in low level maps when i'm left with 40% health with nekro without healing but probably might not help much if you are going to spam pots in pve

However, the test is done on low tier maps, i did not have a chance to test both pets out with the same AA and Happiness bonus in harder maps due to the difficulty in obtaining the values so i am hoping that someone with more experience than i do can give more inputs a about these two pets.

Updated info:
    Tested passive healing for samael
    Tested normal attacks on both pets

Thank you for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    (More inputs needed so added this thread here since pet category is pretty dead on read counts)

I would like to hear all your opinions on these two pets as base since they are pretty much the top 2 on my list right now (As Base Pets)

In terms of overall, i believe majority vote will go to nekro due to its all-roundedness as a pet, so i would just like to focus on the passive instead since happiness bonus and aa can all be slotted now.

Note: Stats are at lvl 46 since i didn't cap, sorry about that

Samael

DMG: 240

Passive
    1. AOE normal attack (very very small range compared to nekro)
    2. Chance for DoT
    3. DoT can further spread on each tick (proc last 2 seconds, about 4 to 5 ticks within that period, spread range is low)
    4. 30% Chance to slow
    5. 10% Chance to Panic (Stun)
    6. Passive healing Max 156 Hp per heal between 2 - 5 seconds at lvl 46 (not stated in the description)

Nekro

DMG: 258

Passive
    1. AOE normal attack (Huge splash with significantly more DoT damage spread)
    2. Normal attack comes with DoT aftermath
    3. Chance to reduce enemy hit by 20% for 4 sec
    4. Chance to reduce enemy armour by 20% for 4 sec
    5. 10% chance to stun

The difference among the two pets is the additional passive heal for samael which was compensated with nekro's higher dmg, range and spread of DoT.

IMO: Nekro is a more efficient damage dealer, Samael provides really decent healing which kept me at full health in low level maps when i'm left with 40% health with nekro without healing but probably might not help much if you are going to spam pots in pve

However, the test is done on low tier maps, i did not have a chance to test both pets out with the same AA and Happiness bonus in harder maps due to the difficulty in obtaining the values so i am hoping that someone with more experience than i do can give more inputs a about these two pets.

Updated info:
    Tested passive healing for samael
    Tested normal attacks on both pets

Thank you for reading
    I prefer nekro it's stell best pet in this time and Sam is out of date

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk