Thread: Pure Dex vs Warbird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pure Dex vs Warbird

I've had my account for a while but I just recently got really into PL, I currently have a level 37 pure dex Avian. I'm playing pve pretty much exclusively, I don't plan on pvping anytime soon. I was just wondering if there was a point to putting points into strength if I'm not playing pvp. The regen and extra armor and dodge only really help me if I plan on soloing stuff, otherwise there will pretty much always be either a bear tanking or an enchantress healing. Plus I have potions obviously, so its not like I don't have any method of getting hp back. I understand doing warbirds build for pvp but in pve it doesn't make any sense to because it nerfs your dps and archers are a dps class in pve. If anyone has any reasonable insight into a reason to add str to my avian in pve, I may consider it but as of right now I just don't see the purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I suggest going dual str and dex after lvl 45, with just enuff str for equips and rest in dex, so you can switch between all for the right situations. For mob clearing or tanking, use str, then dex for boss or if in a good group hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

My opinion: PvE, pure dex. Birds are the ones who make mobs and bosses die that much quicker. Pure dex birds, that is. Putting points in str might help survivability a little bit (not a lot), but at the cost of relatively much skill/auto-attack dmg. Going warbird for pve has no point other than your own survivability IMO. Skill dmg will just suffer too much. So, IMO, for most effective farming, a pure dex bird is the way to go.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    My opinion: PvE, pure dex. Birds are the ones who make mobs and bosses die that much quicker. Pure dex birds, that is. Putting points in str might help survivability a little bit (not a lot), but at the cost of relatively much skill/auto-attack dmg. Going warbird for pve has no point other than your own survivability IMO. Skill dmg will just suffer too much. So, IMO, for most effective farming, a pure dex bird is the way to go.
    I was thinking the same thing honestly. Warbird seems like a necessary set-up for PVP because if you don't have any str you're gonna die in about half a second. But in an environment where maximizing dps is the main focus and you can let bears worry about survivability, going pure dex seems like the logical thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

You're not completely correct about the warbird thing... Because a war bird with iceberg frozen 2h has much more skill damage then a dex bird using a blunderbuss or any kind if talon. :P , I used war bird up until 41, then switched to a scarab and pure dex, because skill damage evens out by this time, and dex is 10x more fun lol. ^^

Also, war birds only murder dex birds until 40 in PvP. And lower level, dex birds vs warbirds is about even.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 10-08-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yes for pve you dont want to go warbird cuz that will take very long to kill the enemies and will lose mana really fast. It is good on fighting bosses though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

To echo others...lvl 40+ in PvE, pure dex for the win.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Pure dex bird= range, Warbird= little range
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I LOVE the way warbirds look! Their so purty so that's why I'm going str/dex and seeing how I like it
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I need to disagree with anyone who says that full dexies own all warbirds after 40+
    Bwahahahahahahaha!
    Anyone who thinks that he/she can own meh(L61 Warbird), pls tell me... And prepare to get the beating of your life!
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    I need to disagree with anyone who says that full dexies own all warbirds after 40+
    Bwahahahahahahaha!
    Anyone who thinks that he/she can own meh(L61 Warbird), pls tell me... And prepare to get the beating of your life!
    Since everyone is talking about pve, I'll take you up on that challenge. Let's see who can clear a pve level fastest. Your warbird or my dexbird. Let me know when you want to do this?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Since everyone is talking about pve, I'll take you up on that challenge. Let's see who can clear a pve level fastest. Your warbird or my dexbird. Let me know when you want to do this?
    Don't ask questions/throw down gauntlets on things you know you will win, Jay

To the PvP braggart..The OP was talking about PvE. He mentioned it 5 or 6 times in his post. Please keep PvP trashtalk in PvP threads. Thank you for playing, and please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Don't ask questions/throw down gauntlets on things you know you will win, Jay

To the PvP braggart..The OP was talking about PvE. He mentioned it 5 or 6 times in his post. Please keep PvP trashtalk in PvP threads. Thank you for playing, and please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.
    Rofl

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I just noticed my favorite emoticon was back....the infamous "rolleyes".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

My 35 dex bird owns str birds tho, just a matter of how to play.
    As from the above statement, I can say one thing.
    "Go anyway you want, even INT bird(which is actually a really good choice), just know how to play that style!
    Generally, pure DEX dishes out damage the most. Some birds have been using STR armor and DEX weapon, which is also a great idea.
    Remember, any way is best for you if you are good at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whirlzap View Post
    "go anyway you want, even int bird(which is actually a really good choice), just know how to play that style!

Remember, any way is best for you if you are good at it.
    yes! Listen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!