Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJax View Post
    3) For some of us, healing is a big mana drain. Health pots exist in the game. Most of us use mana pots at lower levels to keep fighting and healing, and we expect you to use health pots from time to time, especially if we're clearing trash mobs and not fighting a boss.
    That is seriously soooo very very wrong...
    If u feel that way then i have to say that ur far from being a successful mage. But if ur a low lvl then yes its applicable. If not....
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrazepam View Post
    Not sure how old this thread is but when Iread the OPs post i lold and just had to post my 2cents out of pure frustration. You either don't understand the enchantress or play on a phone. Seriously I hit the heal button every 3seconds regardless of anyone health. I play on the ipad and it's so much of a habit now I don't even think about it. I have 4toons and recently made another Mage. I can solo almost every dungeon myself. This game isn't hard. If your an enchantress n a dungeon at any level you should be hitting the heal button every 3 seconds. Not only does it give you health it also negates harmful effects. Aka freeze in lost expedition. Ever run lost and there is 3 mages just standing there frozen and no one heals to unfreeze them lol it cracks me up. If you cannot afford to spam pots in a free game that drops plenty of gold even at low levels you need to stop playing and find a new game to play. Even if people are a full health spam healing acts as a buff to any incoming damage and you will find yourself in much more successful groups. Birds and bears love nothing more than to have a Mage heal them. If you cannot heal and aoe at the same time please just reroll to a bird. You will do the legend community a favor and eliminate 1 more useless Mage from the game. Your post OP makes no sense because really what your saying is that you are an inexperienced gamer that can't afford free and easy pots to keep your mana up when spamming heal. Aka N00B IMO. If you want to see how to play a Mage from 1 to 30 let me know I will give you lessons. If you don't want to learn please don't make a fool of yourself as a Mage and not hit the heal button because lol " you pulled aggro" or lol " I'm too busy aoeing" l2p PL
    I agree with you 100%. I too spam heal every 3 seconds regardless of my and my party's health. The only thing that really bothers me is that everyone demands a revive... Hardly anyone says please. And I play on an android phone... So I don't understand what your point was there?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hmm I agree with you to certain extenses here. First off I'll just say if anyone spams you like that, mute them. As a mage, it truly is your duty to heal your teammates. Of course don't spam heal, play what makes it fun and comfortable to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

if you dont get healed by me its probably because i feel you dont deserve a heal.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikeylito For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

^ lol ^
    Awesome teamate there. Always looking out.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

makes me sad that I was the last post on this old thread xD
    dont let it happen again...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have multiple end game characters for each class and I can tell you from my experience that a bird is the main damage dealer, the bear is the tanker who gathers mobs and keeps aggro off other players and the enchantress is the one that keeps others alive. This may be just my opinion but what is fact is you will not do more damage than a bird and evidently admitted will not charge in like a bear...then what are you there for? If your just solely attacking your just as good as a bird a good 10 or more levels under in the party using a enter anywhere elixir.

EDIT: Whoa, this is an old thread o_O
    Last edited by Miner; 01-15-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I have multiple end game characters for each class and I can tell you from my experience that a bird is the main damage dealer, the bear is the tanker who gathers mobs and keeps aggro off other players and the enchantress is the one that keeps others alive. This may be just my opinion but what is fact is you will not do more damage than a bird and evidently admitted will not charge in like a bear...then what are you there for? If your just solely attacking your just as good as a bird a good 10 or more levels under in the party using a enter anywhere elixir.

EDIT: Whoa, this is an old thread o_O
    Birds are better single target damagers while mages are better AOE damagers, they have multiple skills that can hit more than one target at a time. A mages critical damage along with it's main damage and spell damage adds up a lot, so don't be thinking that birds are over powered.

If you're concerned about how mages can't tank, try finding a thread on paladins (strength Mages).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Birds are better single target damagers while mages are better AOE damagers, they have multiple skills that can hit more than one target at a time. A mages critical damage along with it's main damage and spell damage adds up a lot, so don't be thinking that birds are over powered.

If you're concerned about how mages can't tank, try finding a thread on paladins (strength Mages).
    Hey, thanks and it's and interesting point you've made but I would disagree that it isn't always the case.

Firstly, they by all means can tank just as a bear or warbird, but both birds and mages lack the ability to pull mobs into one corner and bears ideally do this as they have skills to stun and keep aggro off all players. Also, typically when farming at shadow caves or such, I as one of my birds find all the bosses targeting me despite there being mages who are also 66. I may be wrong but I thought s/he who does the most damage is targetted by the bosses. If this is true, my blast shots, screams and roots would have done more damage to all the bosses than the mages with their multi-target attacks.

Also, I would make clear that end-game mages are overpowered, not birds. Their set ridiculously provides the same armour as an end-game bear only lacking the dodge and the critical of an end-game bird making them formidable in PvP. At 1-30, which the OP was referring to, they are much less powerful and are mainly good for healing.

However, this is regardless of the actual topic - mages are the only ones who can heal other players and it is a norm by other characters that you do. If you are annoyed by this expectation, especially at level 1-30 as the OP said, I would just play another class.

Anyway, as I'm new to the forums, I would like to make clear this is an opinion and not an argument, thank you for your input also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Hey, thanks and it's and interesting point you've made but I would disagree that it isn't always the case.

Firstly, they by all means can tank just as a bear or warbird, but both birds and mages lack the ability to pull mobs into one corner and bears ideally do this as they have skills to stun and keep aggro off all players. Also, typically when farming at shadow caves or such, I as one of my birds find all the bosses targeting me despite there being mages who are also 66. I may be wrong but I thought s/he who does the most damage is targetted by the bosses. If this is true, my blast shots, screams and roots would have done more damage to all the bosses than the mages with their multi-target attacks.

Also, I would make clear that end-game mages are overpowered, not birds. Their set ridiculously provides the same armour as an end-game bear only lacking the dodge and the critical of an end-game bird making them formidable in PvP. At 1-30, which the OP was referring to, they are much less powerful and are mainly good for healing.

However, this is regardless of the actual topic - mages are the only ones who can heal other players and it is a norm by other characters that you do. If you are annoyed by this expectation, especially at level 1-30 as the OP said, I would just play another class.

Anyway, as I'm new to the forums, I would like to make clear this is an opinion and not an argument, thank you for your input also.
    1.) Well yes, mages/birds don't have the ability to pull- they don't have the skill. That's why in PvE, players don't realize variety of classes is very useful and teamwork is vital. Every class plays it's role towards end game. I guess I'm thinking more of PvP because that's where I get my excitement. PvE is strictly team based (unless you have the best gear and always 4x pot each round). PvP is a whole different aspect when it comes to individuality.

2.) Yes, the crafted level 65 lilith gear is completely OP. Different gear for different classes should focus on one key, distinct/useful stat (Critical damage for example). Mages are not just useful for healing. I can go in to a lot of detail, but there are several threads on how to use a mage effectively as a damage user in both PvP and PvE. In fact, some of the top players in PvP are mages.

3.) Most players (to me) never are really asking to be healed. If that's the case, just heal them. If they constantly spam heal just mute them. I love my heal, if players want to be healed tell them to go make a mage.