Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up Why You Might Not Get Healed

I've been in several PUGs lately where I've experienced some rude people yelling "OMG WTFBBQ HEALZ" or spamming "HEAL HEAL HEAL" over and over. It's been happening to me on my enchantress, and I've observed it happening to others on their enchantress characters when I am on alts. Frankly, aside from the rudeness of it, I think a thread is needed to help explain why you might not get the timely heal you need from an enchantress. These opinions are mine specifically, but I feel they might apply to others as well. I should also point out that this is geared mostly toward the 1-30 crowd, as I feel that the enchantress game changes slightly above level 30.

1) You have to understand that not every enchantress is a heal-bot. It's not why we were put into this game (I hope). Much like treating the mage like a water fountain in WoW was a poor way to get free water in town, treating the enchantress as a heal-bot in PL is bound to turn some people off to healing you.

2) Our survivability is almost nil if we rush in to where you're tanking, you lose aggro, and the mobs decide to have us for lunch. If you're expecting a heal, have the courtesy to come within range (or stay within range, as the case may be).

3) For some of us, healing is a big mana drain. Health pots exist in the game. Most of us use mana pots at lower levels to keep fighting and healing, and we expect you to use health pots from time to time, especially if we're clearing trash mobs and not fighting a boss.

4) Speaking of trash mobs, one or two well-spec'd and well-equipped enchantresses can make trash mobs a breeze, and if I'm in the groove with another enchantress (or by myself in lower-level dungeons), we rarely stop moving -- we just AOE everything in sight, and the other party members clean up the scraps. I feel like it's much more time-efficient and mana-efficient to do this than to stand around while everyone else single-target DPS's and I heal them. It's a preference thing.

5) If we're standing within sight of the entrance to the dungeon, please have the courtesy not to spam "revive please" ten times right after you die. I probably would have resurrected you, but now you've given me a reason to say I was distracted.

For the record, here are some other things to be aware of when grouped with an enchantress.

6) Sometimes the stuff hits the fan, and I'm one of the only ones left alive in a boss fight. Because I can solo any boss in the dungeons up to level 30 by kiting them, I expect you not to push the boss into me, effectively killing me, killing you, and resetting the boss ... especially if the boss has a sliver of health left and I'm about to kill him. Really, your few points of damage is not significant enough to throw away all of the work we've done burning him down.

7) When we're moving through a dungeon, unless you can AOE or otherwise handle the extra mobs you just pulled by going off in a different direction, would you mind not running them all back to us when we're engaged in a fight with ten more?

8) As an aside to the last point, can we clear the dead-end rooms as we pass them, instead of back-tracking once the dungeon is otherwise cleared out?

9) If you're going to spam your archer skill with the knockback, at least learn how to use it and don't stand 50 feet away from the mob.

10) Last, but not least, we don't need to know that you are AFK to "wipe" ... just that you're AFK will do fine. Yes, more people play PL on the toilet than people play other MMO's on the toilet, but let's try not to emphasize that with too many reminders.

Respectfully,
    -JavaJax

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JavaJax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have respect for the enchantress and do agree with a lot of what you're saying...but sometimes it is rediculous on our part too. You guys are an essential part of the team, and the only character with a healing ability. Sometimes we'll be sitting there in a team of 5 and everyone has a sliver of health on a boss and the enchantress just keeps attacking or ignores us. That happens more often then not...However I am in no position to judge, and I do not intend on doing it. I'm just saying there are a few out there that could be a nicer benefit. On the most part though, we're glad to have you all around.
    Last edited by PvP; 06-16-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess that is just personal preference for you, healing is solely all I play MMO's for! So, I look at it form both sides of the coin.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If your expecting a mage to be a healer that should be discussed beforehand. I try to heal when I can but focus on damage.

Most annoying is people who die and expect me to go into a mob of 10 to revive them because they were biting off more than they were able. Or when a lower level person dies 20 times in an hour. At some point I just want to ignore them and play my game(I never boot unless there is a leacher who does nothing, even a low level can assist if they are smart)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I guess that is just personal preference for you, healing is solely all I play MMO's for! So, I look at it form both sides of the coin.
    Yea I agree with xanthia I have palyed many MMO's and I enjoy playing a support type toon. Your playing a glass cannon that can heal at the lower levels so I used my toon as a healer that used my spells as defense. However I also play a paladin and a bowchanter now at the higher levels so the game changes a bit at higher levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    You guys are an essential part of the team, and the only character with a healing ability. Sometimes we'll be sitting there in a team of 5 and everyone has a sliver of health on a boss and the enchantress just keeps attacking or ignores us.
    Well, two points here. First of all, I agree completely with you. My healing comments, if you look toward the top, are geared toward trash mobs specifically. With the bosses, I expect everyone to do everything in their power to win -- and at this point, the enchantress can much more effectively contribute as a HEALER (and limitedly to crowd control with knock-backs), in my opinion. So we're in agreement there.

However, I also get annoyed when people die because they could have potted in that same situation but groan "ugh, a pot is 44 gold" ... I cringe whenever I see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I enjoy healing in other MMO's for sure. It's just an inexact AOE heal in PL right now, and until it's something more than that, I can't see myself really enhancing a team's usefulness under level 30 in any other role than making us go faster with AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    If your expecting a mage to be a healer that should be discussed beforehand. I try to heal when I can but focus on damage.

Most annoying is people who die and expect me to go into a mob of 10 to revive them because they were biting off more than they were able. Or when a lower level person dies 20 times in an hour. At some point I just want to ignore them and play my game(I never boot unless there is a leacher who does nothing, even a low level can assist if they are smart)
    Totally agree on discussing it beforehand. Spamming "healz plz" over and over doesn't count, LOL.

I know what you mean about the reviving, too. I hate reviving people who were just too lazy to run back, when EVERYONE else did, and they're dead right at the boss's feet, triggering aggro on me when I rez. Then *I* die, and *I* have to run back. Grrrr, LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally agree with op, also correct me if I'm wrong but healing also generates
    aggro as well right with nearby mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

yes it does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I just spam heal and aoe attacks..
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Preach it brother. So true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Totally agree with op, also correct me if I'm wrong but healing also generates
    aggro as well right with nearby mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addihul View Post
    Preach it brother. So true
    I appreciate the support.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

11) (or 12, 13 ...) Don't ask for a revive when we are near the spawn spot. That's just lazy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    11) (or 12, 13 ...) Don't ask for a revive when we are near the spawn spot. That's just lazy.
    LOL yeah, that's my #5 in my list. I've seen people just sit there, within SIGHT of where they'd respawn. It's a little annoying, and I hate to dismantle the good nature of a group by refusing them ... so I usually just res 'em.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJax View Post
    LOL yeah, that's my #5 in my list. I've seen people just sit there, within SIGHT of where they'd respawn. It's a little annoying, and I hate to dismantle the good nature of a group by refusing them ... so I usually just res 'em.
    Can't believe I missed that in the OP. You win again, ADD!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Can't believe I missed that in the OP. You win again, ADD!
    Hehe, it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Dude I HAVE AN ENCHANTRESS and i know how fast heal regens so dont tell me
    u cant spam heal! When i pvp i heal all the time and scores are 20-9 so u CAN HEAL and thats why i may wrote HEAL HEAL HEAL with my archer or bowbear. Get used to it. Ure enchantress=U must heal
    thats our demijob anyway
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Dude I HAVE AN ENCHANTRESS and i know how fast heal regens so dont tell me
    u cant spam heal! When i pvp i heal all the time and scores are 20-9 so u CAN HEAL and thats why i may wrote HEAL HEAL HEAL with my archer or bowbear. Get used to it. Ure enchantress=U must heal
    thats our demijob anyway
    I think we should make a distinction between what I was talking about (under 30 PVE) and what you seem to be talking about (PVP). Yes, heal "regens" quickly. It's also a mana drain at lower levels when that mana can be spent more effectively for AOE or other purposes. It's not that the Enchantress CAN'T or WON'T heal, it's more that many people have the attitude you have: it's our "job" somehow, and that it's acceptable to be rude when "demanding" that it be performed.

I know it's a bit of a TL;DR situation, but reading the entire content of my post might enlighten you as to my specific points and the circumstances under which I don't generally heal (level <30, trash mobs).

Respectfully, as always,
    JavaJax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJax View Post
    I think we should make a distinction between what I was talking about (under 30 PVE) and what you seem to be talking about (PVP). Yes, heal "regens" quickly. It's also a mana drain at lower levels when that mana can be spent more effectively for AOE or other purposes. It's not that the Enchantress CAN'T or WON'T heal, it's more that many people have the attitude you have: it's our "job" somehow, and that it's acceptable to be rude when "demanding" that it be performed.

I know it's a bit of a TL;DR situation, but reading the entire content of my post might enlighten you as to my specific points and the circumstances under which I don't generally heal (level <30, trash mobs).

Respectfully, as always,
    JavaJax
    Dude either we want it or not thats our job. I have 22m/s regen so i have no prob castin spells andhealin. Just get used
    to them and say nothing more../

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank. Honestly, enchantress auto attack really makes little difference compared to what the DPS is doing. The enchantress is primarily a SUPPORT class. Support with heals and buffs, and the occasional debuff/AOE. I've played games where we played three levels and the enchantress hadn't casted one heal spell. Yes, at this point I ask for a heal. If they continue without healing, I do get angry and flame a bit. Don't play the class if you're not gonna heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasure_Pirate View Post
    I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank. Honestly, enchantress auto attack really makes little difference compared to what the DPS is doing. The enchantress is primarily a SUPPORT class. Support with heals and buffs, and the occasional debuff/AOE. I've played games where we played three levels and the enchantress hadn't casted one heal spell. Yes, at this point I ask for a heal. If they continue without healing, I do get angry and flame a bit. Don't play the class if you're not gonna heal.
    Being the best pala or one of the best i agree with u... I heal like crazy and i try not to et my m8s hp dow