Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up Why You Might Not Get Healed

I've been in several PUGs lately where I've experienced some rude people yelling "OMG WTFBBQ HEALZ" or spamming "HEAL HEAL HEAL" over and over. It's been happening to me on my enchantress, and I've observed it happening to others on their enchantress characters when I am on alts. Frankly, aside from the rudeness of it, I think a thread is needed to help explain why you might not get the timely heal you need from an enchantress. These opinions are mine specifically, but I feel they might apply to others as well. I should also point out that this is geared mostly toward the 1-30 crowd, as I feel that the enchantress game changes slightly above level 30.

1) You have to understand that not every enchantress is a heal-bot. It's not why we were put into this game (I hope). Much like treating the mage like a water fountain in WoW was a poor way to get free water in town, treating the enchantress as a heal-bot in PL is bound to turn some people off to healing you.

2) Our survivability is almost nil if we rush in to where you're tanking, you lose aggro, and the mobs decide to have us for lunch. If you're expecting a heal, have the courtesy to come within range (or stay within range, as the case may be).

3) For some of us, healing is a big mana drain. Health pots exist in the game. Most of us use mana pots at lower levels to keep fighting and healing, and we expect you to use health pots from time to time, especially if we're clearing trash mobs and not fighting a boss.

4) Speaking of trash mobs, one or two well-spec'd and well-equipped enchantresses can make trash mobs a breeze, and if I'm in the groove with another enchantress (or by myself in lower-level dungeons), we rarely stop moving -- we just AOE everything in sight, and the other party members clean up the scraps. I feel like it's much more time-efficient and mana-efficient to do this than to stand around while everyone else single-target DPS's and I heal them. It's a preference thing.

5) If we're standing within sight of the entrance to the dungeon, please have the courtesy not to spam "revive please" ten times right after you die. I probably would have resurrected you, but now you've given me a reason to say I was distracted.

For the record, here are some other things to be aware of when grouped with an enchantress.

6) Sometimes the stuff hits the fan, and I'm one of the only ones left alive in a boss fight. Because I can solo any boss in the dungeons up to level 30 by kiting them, I expect you not to push the boss into me, effectively killing me, killing you, and resetting the boss ... especially if the boss has a sliver of health left and I'm about to kill him. Really, your few points of damage is not significant enough to throw away all of the work we've done burning him down.

7) When we're moving through a dungeon, unless you can AOE or otherwise handle the extra mobs you just pulled by going off in a different direction, would you mind not running them all back to us when we're engaged in a fight with ten more?

8) As an aside to the last point, can we clear the dead-end rooms as we pass them, instead of back-tracking once the dungeon is otherwise cleared out?

9) If you're going to spam your archer skill with the knockback, at least learn how to use it and don't stand 50 feet away from the mob.

10) Last, but not least, we don't need to know that you are AFK to "wipe" ... just that you're AFK will do fine. Yes, more people play PL on the toilet than people play other MMO's on the toilet, but let's try not to emphasize that with too many reminders.

Respectfully,
    -JavaJax

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JavaJax For This Useful Post: