Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craigslist for PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

ok so I was thinking of making it a website and you go to it and you would need to make an account first then you could see everything that people are selling. If you want something specific you could type it in which would be in the upper right. When you click on the item it will show how much gold they are selling it and the lvl req. For it ect.
    Is that ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it sounds like you want a browser-based auction house. i think eve online just did this (allowed browser access to in-game trading).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this would be a great idea in-game.

By the way, I recently had a missed connection. I don't know much about her, but her lightning attack nearly stopped my heart. I wish you hadn't moved so far away, my dear Frogmar! If only you knew how I felt about you...
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 06-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HectorCruz View Post
    I think this would be a great idea in-game.

By the way, I recently had a missed connection. I don't know much about her, but her lightning attack nearly stopped my heart. I wish you hadn't moved so far away, my dear Frogmar! If only you knew how I felt about you...
    Do you have some sort of problem or something? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Don't you know that hector is Gwen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Which ever way you look at it, you'd be wasting time implementing this given that the forum already exists and the auction house ia but a few months away, I'd rather just wait/farm for items I need, at least that's a timesink ingame :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    ok so I was thinking of making it a website and you go to it and you would need to make an account first then you could see everything that people are selling.
    Website: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...rader-s-Market

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    If you want something specific you could type it in which would be in the upper right. When you click on the item it will show how much gold they are selling it and the lvl req. For it ect.
    Search bar is actually right there in the upper right corner
    --

What your talking about is a form based forum, where people can only enter in certain information in order to make searching easier (item types, stats, how much, etc)

I can see where you're coming from here and although it sounds like a good idea in concept, building it is another thing. In order to make ANOTHER website that people need to log into and user/password accounts need to be managed can be a PITA and people typically want everything in one place, with one login to get all of their information..in this case if you build it, people may not come.

My suggestion, until the auction house goes live, is to just stick with the simple ol' trade forum. Yeah it can be a pain to track stuff down, and when you do find it you don't know what the price is for or what stats it has..but if you ask I'm sure someone is willing to give you the answer to it...

Druc - 45 Archer | Melkhior - 41 Tank | ImaMonsta - 30 Healer
    Member of Venom - GFX/Programmer
    Venom-Guild.com | Pocket Legends Item Database