Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Coming Deal of the Day (Android) for Sunday, Aug. 28th - Big Love

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default The Coming Deal of the Day (Android) for Sunday, Aug. 28th - Big Love

This coming Sunday, August 28th, the Deal of the Day (currently for the Android Client) will be for Big Love, the Valentine's Day Vanity Helmet. It has heart shaped antenna and animated hearts floating out of it, along with 1 point of armor. It will be available for 75 Platinum and only be for sale for the 24 hours of Sunday, August 28th.

Name:  Big-Love.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  34.7 KB

Currently, Deal of the Day functionality is only available in the Android version of Pocket Legends. This is because we can immediately publish to the Android Market without an approval wait. If you're playing on Android and not seeing the Deal of the Day, delete and re-install to update your client. Here are the links:

* Pocket Legends on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.pl
    * Pocket Legends direct download: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-market-access.

Deal of the Day will be in the next client version of Pocket Legends, which should be out in the near future (along with Guilds, new level cap, new dungeons and a whole lot of other goodies).

The way the Deal of the Day works is, when you first log in, to display what the current daily deal is. You can always go back to the deal via the icon at character select. A new deal comes up every 24 hours. You can see the countdown clock for how long the current deal will be available.

We plan to re-do all the deals that have been up when the feature goes live for iOS clients. That way, everyone will have the opportunity to obtain items that they might have otherwise missed, like this coming weekend's offer of Big Love.

We're still experimenting with the Deal of the Day functionality and offers. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

-sigh-

Exclusive stuff isn't gonna be exclusive anymore.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I do like the deal of the day, but could you PLEASE at least consider putting a small restriction on bringing back stuff that was old. It gives a "rare and special" feeling to people who already had it from long time ago.
    Also, will this Big Love give out Little Loves like the Valentine's Event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes i also wud like to know the answer to that whirl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Thanks, i'll buy this! I appreciate the opportunity. OG players, don't hate!! :P

PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

More waiting for IOS users

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    More waiting for IOS users
    Blame that on Apple and their ultra-restrictive guidelines for submitting apps and updates..

Have you ever seen the requirement list for submitting to the Apple Store? Its pretty long.. They are very thorough with their approval process apparently..
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like if old items come back, there are many poayers who started pl, and many quit pl, so i hardly ever see someone wearing big love so why complain? i like seeing players wear them again. and 75 plat is a fair price for collectors. i like the entire deak of the day idea a lot with the vanity items. i honestly dont care about the pot deals and i believe many players dont care either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

At the very least these items should come back around the time they were released the first time.

My view on the whole which items should be available are that:

Old Plat event items should be available to everyone through deal of the day
    Competition items should only be available through competitions (antennae)
    Other non plat items should remain as rare collectibles to those who played at the time (pumpkin helm)

This opens up a large share of the items to newer users whilst leaving a small number of rare items to those who are considered as older players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Man that stuff is cool but it's to expensive it's like spending 10 dollars on big love which is just a item
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefirehawk View Post
    Man that stuff is cool but it's to expensive it's like spending 10 dollars on big love which is just a item
    ikr like the Decorative Antlers were 20 plat instead of 15 but i still bought it
    Last edited by Cytokinesis; 08-22-2011 at 02:21 PM.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Also, will this Big Love give out Little Loves like the Valentine's Event?
    No, Big Love is turned off from giving out little love - although that switch will probably be flipped again when Valentine's Day rolls around again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

It's seems a bit expensive when you convert it into dollars. That's why pocket legends is a beautiful game. You can get a ton of play out of the game without spending a dime. At the same time, you can have even more fun spending a few dollars for special items. Just gotta get a job and make a few dollars. Everything in the world costs some kind of money. Games are expensive to develop, you know? The devs gotta eat, too!
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

No, Big Love is turned off from giving out little love - although that switch will probably be flipped again when Valentine's Day rolls around again.
    So you guys plan on releasing the same items every year or is there a plan for something different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    It's seems a bit expensive when you convert it into dollars. That's why pocket legends is a beautiful game. You can get a ton of play out of the game without spending a dime. At the same time, you can have even more fun spending a few dollars for special items. Just gotta get a job and make a few dollars. Everything in the world costs some kind of money. Games are expensive to develop, you know? The devs gotta eat, too!
    Very well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The players who have been around for a long time have the founders helm or whatever its called (i dont have) theres also the community and pl sheild these items wont be a deal of the day. I think its fair plus i realy want pumpkin helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Blame that on Apple and their ultra-restrictive guidelines for submitting apps and updates..

Have you ever seen the requirement list for submitting to the Apple Store? Its pretty long.. They are very thorough with their approval process apparently..
    IMO having this super long wait is fine. Its better than letting in all sorts of crud into the app store. Would you want app store all filled with stuff thats innappropriate and/or racists or something? I dont. Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.
    There is a PL Cheats App its $0.99

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Would you ever find an app in the itunes app store advertising cheats for PL? Prob not.
    Sorry the answer to that is YES. There actually is/was an app for PL Cheats.
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Holy cow im glad i already have it...Cant see spending 10 bucks for a virtual item...But hey no ones forcing you to buy it heh
    Last edited by Cascade; 08-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.