Thread: How many of you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Post How many of you...

How many of you think the mastery skills are useful? (Why or why not)

How many of you think the mastery skills requires too much points?

Did this mastery skills system make your toon more unique?

Did you expect the mastery system to be like this?

What do you think is the biggest problem/ let down about the mastery system?

In my opinion I thought the mastery skill system would have been different...I was expecting things like Once you unlocked a skill for example aimed shot: I was expecting the mastery system to give a few options like a knock back , a 25% chance to stun or a double aimed shot. But you can only choose from one of the 3 options and it cost 2 points to unlock.

Another example mages: if they unlock lifegiver they'd have 3 options like: lifegiver now deals dmg to opponents , drains opponent mana , increases movement speed by 30% and it cost 2 points to unlock. But you can only choose one

For warriors: example windmill 3 options: pulls the enemies into your wm 10m radius, or a knock back move to all enemies around, or stun/ freeze immunity and it cost 2 points to unlock. But you can only choose one.

This was what I was originally expecting when the mastery system first was introduced things like that.

I just think it's a waste of points for 1-10% increase in a characters skill ability. So much points for such little percentages.

I don't think you can really be unique with that system cause it requires so many points to feel a little change in your character

But if it was 3 options for each skill but you can only access one from each skill makes way more variety and styles of play both pve and Pvp

This was all just my opinions of what I expected. I know it's a little to high of expectations but I thought it'd be something around these lines

Like what will happen with the next expansion? And Lvl cap 66 then more points into another skill to see minor changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Mastery skills brought something good in game. Skills are balanced and there is no need any new. We had too much points to spend for and masteries are helpful. I'll give you example: juggernaut mastery 10/10 reduce cooldown of skill 5 sec. Its 40 sec instead of 45. Wonder or no but in pvp or hard elite maps 5 second can save your life.
    Masteries don't take too much points. Think about lvl caps that come. More lvls = more points to spend= more masteries.
    Yes it do make unique. Everyone use another tactic/another mastery skills that they feel useful and comfortable with. Some warriors use horn mastery for buff party with armor , some rally cry mastery and so on.
    I didn't expect it like this. I didnt even expected mastery system
    Imo masteries are good like they are. I dont see any problem

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Mastery skills brought something good in game. Skills are balanced and there is no need any new. We had too much points to spend for and masteries are helpful. I'll give you example: juggernaut mastery 10/10 reduce cooldown of skill 5 sec. Its 40 sec instead of 45. Wonder or no but in pvp or hard elite maps 5 second can save your life.
    Masteries don't take too much points. Think about lvl caps that come. More lvls = more points to spend= more masteries.
    Yes it do make unique. Everyone use another tactic/another mastery skills that they feel useful and comfortable with. Some warriors use horn mastery for buff party with armor , some rally cry mastery and so on.
    I didn't expect it like this. I didnt even expected mastery system
    Imo masteries are good like they are. I dont see any problem
    I see what you're saying but that's just to much points imo and you see how many points it took to reach 5 seconds off of Jugg. You can't really feel much of that mastery til you're almost maxed out in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skvll View Post
    I see what you're saying but that's just to much points imo and you see how many points it took to reach 5 seconds off of Jugg. You can't really feel much of that mastery til you're almost maxed out in it
    Sts already made it for future lvls. In next expansion it gonna be more comfortable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Sts already made it for future lvls. In next expansion it gonna be more comfortable
    For every class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skvll View Post
    For every class?
    Yes for every class. You'll see and notice it in next caps i believe

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

ahh u wanted a skill map base like most rpg

imo skills masterys are indeed OP
    assume since we get +5lvls each season (+10 for this one)
    at one point u can nearly have 2 masterys filled

do remember at one point (lvl 16 cap) normal skills very hard,
    then came passives
    now masteries
    in furture more methods will come perhaps for the lvl 76 cap?

plus that percentage is a huge deal in the long term
    1point makes nth literally a waste (nox for rogue gives 0.4secs poison with 1%more dmg) soo weak,
    but 10points now (nox for rogue gives 4secs poison with 10%more dmg) this is OP big for boss kills trust me.
    srsly .4secs and 1% is highly useless, but 4secs with 10% per tick is highly OP
    u have to give something to get something, choose wisely
    i gave up most skills, and speed armor% for a full nox mastery, (i assume maybe aimed for pvp idk i dont pvp), razor for jewel farm, sss for helping newbs from ur guild in lower maps. all depends on ur playing style, i find nox full 10/10 is super helpful 1/10 is terrible IMO

-Noxious Bolt Mastery
    1/10:Increase duration of poison by 0.4 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 1%
    2/10:Increase duration of poison by 0.8seconds and damage of poison per tick by 2%
    3/10:Increase duration of poison by 1.2 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 3%
    4/10:Increase duration of poison by 1.6 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 4%
    5/10:Increase duration of poison by 2 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 5%
    6/10:Increase duration of poison by 2.4 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 6%
    7/10:Increase duration of poison by 2.8 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 7%
    8/10:Increase duration of poison by 3.2 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 8%
    9/10:Increase duration of poison by 3.6 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 9%
    10/10:Increase duration of poison by 4 seconds and damage of poison per tick by 10%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I love my clock mastery 10/10,helps me sooooo much in elites!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    I love my clock mastery 10/10,helps me sooooo much in elites!
    Clock mastery for tough maps was a godsend.
    Fireball and Lightning masteries are great for easy maps (km3 and early elites) and keep u from accidentally timeshifting Fran into a catatonic state...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk