Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sxvm View Post
    I'm honestly happy to hear tanks cry now, it's been a long time since this happended lol
    Not about tanks crying, not about anyone crying for that matter. It's about being as fair as possible to all classes. Though I understand where Vroom is coming from in terms of class balance being thrown off by lvl46 tank weapons and the lvl56 ones being more in line with overall gear progression and class balance.

Maybe the playerbase has not yet found a way to use the lvl56 weapons to their full potential, but at the moment it seems that they can't measure up to the lvl46 ones. I haven't yet run with tanks who are using the new weapons, but if with the Corrupted weapons tanks again struggle to be relevant in PvE, it's something that has to be looked at before we just say that tanks are just being brought back in line.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Safiras, or anyone here explain me, what sense have bring new weapons that are worse then the previous? Only this i want to know, tell me for what those new weapns for tank can be more useful then the olds that are actually better, for what should i use those new weapons, pls explaination

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilmercenario View Post
    Safiras, or anyone here explain me, what sense have bring new weapons that are worse then the previous? Only this i want to know, tell me for what those new weapns for tank can be more useful then the olds that are actually better, for what should i use those new weapons, pls explaination
    They are relatively the same, because as vroom said tanks damage wasn't where it would have been if there was more damage added to the new sword, so they kept it near the same but just really a different proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

There is no sense if you look at it that way. But if you consider the explanation that Vroom offered, that the lvl46 weapons were given extraordinarily powerful buffs that made tanks perhaps too powerful at that level, then you can see the reason for the level of power of the current weapons. There is unfortunately no good solution to this issue. Either you see the old weapons as overpowered, or the new weapons as underpowered. Either nerf the old ones or buff the new ones. Either way there will be a large group of players that will be complaining. Probably for now, more trials on using the new weapons will need to take place before we can really say that they truly need adjustment. It wasn't too long ago that the Glintstone Aegis was being looked at as inferior to the lvl41 Mythic shield weapons.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Look, the proc of that sword is really weak in pvp, i vsed with a tank using new sword, he used old one, he won 3-0 his heal never got down then 60%, so where i can use new sword? pve? no aegis still better, pvp no dragon hunter sword better where? useless new weapons then just for show off ok got it thx very much sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm honestly happy to hear tanks cry now, it's been a long time since this happended lol

You should had seen all the rouges crying rivers when armor and crit debuff, please.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    There is no sense if you look at it that way. But if you consider the explanation that Vroom offered, that the lvl46 weapons were given extraordinarily powerful buffs that made tanks perhaps too powerful at that level, then you can see the reason for the level of power of the current weapons. There is unfortunately no good solution to this issue. Either you see the old weapons as overpowered, or the new weapons as underpowered. Either nerf the old ones or buff the new ones. Either way there will be a large group of players that will be complaining. Probably for now, more trials on using the new weapons will need to take place before we can really say that they truly need adjustment. It wasn't too long ago that the Glintstone Aegis was being looked at as inferior to the lvl41 Mythic shield weapons.
    The main point everyone is missing is that the old procs were too powerful. The new procs are now more balanced and in line. So that issue was fixed. Giving the new arcane weapons better base stats wont ruin any of the power curve. As of right now the new arcane weapons are well well below the old arcane weapon and mythic aegis in terms of power. At least increase the base stats of new arcane weapons by a little to make these weapons only slightly weaker than the old arcane sword and mythic aegis. This is only fair since mages and rogues have significant increase in base stats of their new arcane weapons.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-01-2016 at 11:32 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

U've only got to look at how far the prices have fallen to know how desirable new warr weapons are...the sword will fall below old 46 arc sword..it truly is a crap weapon..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yup.....see Ardbegs Thread about the new Aegis. A weapon nobody needs as it seems...

Btw: I saw rouges and mages starting to discuss again whether warriors are still needed in pt anymore because of that "self healing" mechanism of their new arcane weapons. So it all starts again....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minisalami For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
    That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

Putting the Spank in your Tank
    -Vroom
    Thank you very much for the awesome explanation, can you increase the price for liquidation for the sword to about 4m or so? I'm sure that not one arc sword will be left in circulation after that, also please remove it from the loot table so that no one will commit suicide from looting it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Could you please evaluate how much damage the new arcane aegis does? It's ridiculous in pvp. Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The new aegis is not a tank weapon is a suicidal weapon.You will have to be constantly in low health to make it shine or is useless. I agree with the itemization progress but I disagree with the functionality of the weapon. Is a difficult weapon to use for everybody. This should be fixed asap because is an arcane weapon! not even mythic! stop giving us gimmicks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I was never a big fan of the old arcane sword, I don't do PvP so I never found it useful

But....

I really don't see the new one being useful at all..and the new aegis just turns me into a suicide bomber...

I will just stick with my old aegs and my bonesaw

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sure. You just go elite underhul without a tank then. I have exquisite/noble diamonds and best non-antignome tank survivability gear and I'm not going there. I'll happily wait a year for those elite APs.

To be honest, I dont give a rats arse about how much damage I do in PVE if I cant survive well enough.
    Last edited by TW84; 07-02-2016 at 11:34 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TW84 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

This is reminiscent of the "progression" with the Arcane Pendant and will likely suffer the same response from STS even though complaints are warranted.

Sticky thread -> Feedback on Illogical Progression -> Thread Closed -> STS Deletes Thread from the Forum due to "drama"

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msustro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I just found this thread... Am i the only one who finds the new corrupted blade highly useful? it has a very predictable mob stun and this nice death grip / banish proc which is also very neat once the baddies are stunned. On the new maps, in the absence of antignome sets, many tanks run with one attack skill, hor, and jugg+vb or even jugg+rally cry. Having a weapon that does something useful with the autoattack is a great asset for these tanks.
    As for the new aegis, it s a vanity. It does nothing better than the old one, sorry. Even if the old was op, shouldn t we have at least one little reason to wear it on maps and not just in towns? Maybe some useful immunity, or a any non contradicting proc. Anything which is at least some progress compared to the old one.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

new arc weapons for tank are just vanity.

Robhawk

So i get the point why the new weapons are weaker then the old. but... why should someone buy the new ones when the old ones are still available?

STS a little hint: Just watch each new arcane weapons average price in cs. Then you know which weapons need a buff or a nerf... mage gun is 10M, warrior weapons are 4M. No need to thank me, you are welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I just found this thread... Am i the only one who finds the new corrupted blade highly useful? it has a very predictable mob stun and this nice death grip / banish proc which is also very neat once the baddies are stunned. On the new maps, in the absence of antignome sets, many tanks run with one attack skill, hor, and jugg+vb or even jugg+rally cry. Having a weapon that does something useful with the autoattack is a great asset for these tanks.
    As for the new aegis, it s a vanity. It does nothing better than the old one, sorry. Even if the old was op, shouldn t we have at least one little reason to wear it on maps and not just in towns? Maybe some useful immunity, or a any non contradicting proc. Anything which is at least some progress compared to the old one.
    Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmercenario For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i only find the corrupted blade mildly to moderately useful. I wouldn't go as far as saying highly useful. Perhaps its because I run with 3 attack skill and jug without any heal. I just finding auto attacking with new arcane blade and then getting death grip and then charging auto attack over and over makes the runs too slow. I also find that you don't aggro mobs as well and don't protect your team as well. Though it is cool to stun mobs and banish mobs/bosses but it slows down run alot and does not protect party as well as aegis. I would rather run with aegis, aggro all mobs, spam mad pots and protect party. I guess its a toss up to use new or old arcane blades at boss.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-02-2016 at 06:12 PM.