Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    So i get the point why the new weapons are weaker then the old. but... why should someone buy the new ones when the old ones are still available?
    This. if there's not single discipline where the new weapon is better than the old for whatever plausible reason, why do you expect players to happily spend money on crates for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilmercenario View Post
    Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.
    I always prefered the Aegis over the arcane sword, because i never liked running around like a headless chicken and trying to proc lava sprouts. But the new arcane weapon let s me exactly control when and what to stun, and that is a big thing for me. Combined with jugg you can disarm all beetles and help your group a lot. if you have only one weapon, choose the old aegis, but as a second choice or for offtanks in a 2 tank party it s really a great adddition. I don't pvp, so i can t comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    i only find the corrupted blade mildly to moderately useful. I wouldn't go as far as saying highly useful. Perhaps its because I run with 3 attack skill and jug without any heal. I just finding auto attacking with new arcane blade and then getting death grip and then charging auto attack over and over makes the runs too slow. I also find that you don't aggro mobs as well and don't protect your team as well. Though it is cool to stun mobs and banish mobs/bosses but it slows down run alot and does not protect party as well as aegis. I would rather run with aegis, aggro all mobs, spam mad pots and protect party. I guess its a toss up to use new or old arcane blades at boss.
    I usually run with 1 tank, 1 rogue, and trying to run with two mages these days (since the hexstaff came out). I don t have to try to focus on aegis proc in this constellation anymore, but the taunting is what i need. I heavily rely on hor and have a mastery of 10 in it, so i can have extra armor for the party. Overall, i think the damaging days of tanks are over, but i am really happy to be able to stun on the point. Of course this is dependent from the setup and the team but it works very well for me in pve.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So I expected a little more of the new Aegis , but and true their " Proc " this far from the old Aegis resulting You have to lose HP in order to generate a short burst rate that not even seem to take place in such mobs . Well just hope sts look quickly and as soon as possible for these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The new Aegis would be a little better if it had a proc that stun the mobs for 3 to 4 sec , what you are doing and hit and hit repeatedly until you lose 70 % to 40 % of your HP . for Proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had to read alot. Still the 46 level arcane weapon is better than 56

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    you alywas have to do it right?
    Could you clarify what *it* is? Also, i have the feeling that this is not remotely related to the warrior itemization discussion, so feel free to pm me about it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    This. if there's not single discipline where the new weapon is better than the old for whatever plausible reason, why do you expect players to happily spend money on crates for it?

I always prefered the Aegis over the arcane sword, because i never liked running around like a headless chicken and trying to proc lava sprouts. But the new arcane weapon let s me exactly control when and what to stun, and that is a big thing for me. Combined with jugg you can disarm all beetles and help your group a lot. if you have only one weapon, choose the old aegis, but as a second choice or for offtanks in a 2 tank party it s really a great adddition. I don't pvp, so i can t comment on that.

I usually run with 1 tank, 1 rogue, and trying to run with two mages these days (since the hexstaff came out). I don t have to try to focus on aegis proc in this constellation anymore, but the taunting is what i need. I heavily rely on hor and have a mastery of 10 in it, so i can have extra armor for the party. Overall, i think the damaging days of tanks are over, but i am really happy to be able to stun on the point. Of course this is dependent from the setup and the team but it works very well for me in pve.
    Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I can see how your situation of running with another tank can be useful. Also I just want to point out Ard that you have maxed out banished set (or at least antignome set). That means you can survive alot without aegis. 99 percent of the warrriors in the game do not have antignome or banish set. So running with aegis is almost critical for armor stack to survive. But with your point if you run with a second tank you can afford to have less armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I can see how your situation of running with another tank can be useful. Also I just want to point out Ard that you have maxed out banished set (or at least antignome set). That means you can survive alot without aegis. 99 percent of the warrriors in the game do not have antignome or banish set. So running with aegis is almost critical for armor stack to survive. But with your point if you run with a second tank you can afford to have less armor.
    I am always the first to point out that the aegis cannot be replaced. i didn't even on bosses with old arcane sword because i find the taunt crucial. We fully agree on the Aegis. The new one is a Glorious vanity. Where i like to differ is the new arcane Sword, where i see some use cases. Maybe not for every team, surely not for pvp players, but if you want to give feedback what works and what not, it s important to be specific. Tanks are not alone with itemization woes. Let s hope we see some revisions. And it doesn t have to be a second tank. Two mages in team with a hexstaff who know their ice spell well...
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 07-03-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I suggest a buff in the damage of the proc of the arcane aegis. With the difficult in using the weapon there should be a benefit in the damage of the proc to be really useful in PvE and PvP too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
    That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

Putting the Spank in your Tank
    -Vroom
    U didn't balance anything u basically have us sticking with low lvl weapons ,first off warriors don't care about damage so if the new corruption sword has more damage that doesn't matter since in pvp and pve rogues n mage r the killers .

Second only nub wars use swords against mobs so the banish on the sword is also useless since we need a weapon that works kind of like the aegis no damage but it gets the job done because of its proc ,leave the banish to the pets .
    U didn't make war weapons catch up u took 2 steps forward and decided to go as far back as u could to when wars were being ignored . Even that new aegis isn't any help low armor and hp for a useless proc .

Rogue n mage both got weapons they could use in both pve and pvp all we warriors received was vanity arcane and a cheer up pal u finally caught up .

U should let actual players who actually play certain classes test weapons before u release that way u can receive feed back as of right now wars are sticking with hood old aegis and dragon sword . Thanks for the vanity weapons

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I reviewed the Glintstone Aegis and it appears that it was given a large amount of extra armor, much more than it should have had, as another attempt to increase Warrior usefulness. This is another side effect of bringing Warriors in line, to remove the boosted stats that were added to fix core problems. In current content we feel Warriors have the armor needed to survive and sustain fights, so armor values won't be buffed, but will be increasing naturally with gear progression from this point forward, much like the damage on weapons.

I appreciate the feedback and again we do acknowledge the strength of some Warrior procs and how they've attributed to this problem. While we do not plan to retroactively reduce the power of these procs, we are taking their effects into consideration when creating new weapon procs. The Glintstone Aegis was designed to overcome Warrior issues by giving them an enhanced form of damage as well as a reliable taunting mechanism. The Dragon Hunter Sword gave Warriors reliable crowd control when it procced as well as a heavy damage increase. Again, now that we have addressed the core issues with the Warrior, we no longer have to try to solve these problems by inflating Warrior stats. These procs do take the Warrior's base stats into their formulas, so having more base damage than necessary also means the procs are doing more damage than necessary.
    BTW I'm a tank with 3700 armor with glintstone aegis and those underhul mobs effin hurt and u decide to take away armor on the new aegis .
    That new 56 aegis explodes at 70% and 40% hp but the point of a tank is to b tank not let urself get down on hp to the point where u could die just to make ur weapon proc ,u need to stay alive and let ur team handle the killing ,tanks need to stay with hp way more than 70% in underhul cuz those green hat goblins combined with the mage worm and every other mob hurt pretty bad so getting that 56 aegis is pointless .nobody wants a tank dying cuz he wanted to make his weapon proc . Any of u devs should take a couple runs with real tanks real players who actually run underhul as a way to farm so u can see how to fix ur so called new arcane weapons .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacmanx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Btw I'm a tank with 3700 under armor using glint aegis ,now when we run Underhul the mobs like to stack and it doesn't matter how high my armor is or my hp since those mobs r pretty damn OP when they stack up against u.
    So think about it with my 3700 armor and still having trouble here and there when the mobs stack and u take away that bit of armor and hp it affects us a lot cuz we won't wanna potentially die just cuz hey 56 aegis explodes when ur hp drops lol . Tanks need to b tanks that means no dying if u can keep urself from dying. No war will risk his hp to drop that much for a stupid proc especially with 200 less armor and 100 less hp .
    I suggest any of u devs run with some real players who actually farm Underhul and tell us how easy it is to farm using those new weapons ,we will show u how much easier using old glint and sword helps u run way faster, we're tanks we don't give 2 damns about damage we care about our armor and hp and of course how well our weapons HELP keep both ourselves and our team alive . Give me a shout if u wanna test it out vroom xxxpacmanxx from DM I'll help u open ur eyes .

Robhawk

At the end of the event the new arcane l56 warrior weapons will be cheaper then the l46 arcane sword... This also points out 1 of the biggest mistakes STS ever did to this game: Progression combined with rarity and level! A L56 arcane item should be way better then a L46 arcane item. The L46 arcane should be slightly better then a L56 legendary item. I mean the new L54 arcane amulet is equal or weaker then a l41 myth amulet... lol.

When you want to fix things you did wrong in the past, f.e. OP procs/weapons like l46 arcane sword, u have too make a bigger jump in item progression with current L56 arcane weapons FOR ALL CLASSES! What you are doing now is nerf warriors while rogues and mages get buffed.

So with the release of korruption which makes Hor and Jugger useless and the current new arcane weapons finally the golden age of smurfs begin. Time to put my warrior to sleep again and switch back to my mage!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 07-04-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

lol only rogues and mages like vrooms post... typical

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

@vroom iv never used the arc sword (46) for mob control.. so not sure what you are talking about. Most Only Use it at bosses to be honest. Do you guys play this game? You say you do... But im not buying it..

You've addressed our issues by bringing balance back, when you gave us the arc sword 46... And now you have undressed us again it seems... If this is your final stance on the new arcane weapons for warriors.. Then thank you but no thank you.. Ill stick with 46 gear as it is far superior in every aspect.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I just found this thread... Am i the only one who finds the new corrupted blade highly useful? it has a very predictable mob stun and this nice death grip / banish proc which is also very neat once the baddies are stunned. On the new maps, in the absence of antignome sets, many tanks run with one attack skill, hor, and jugg+vb or even jugg+rally cry. Having a weapon that does something useful with the autoattack is a great asset for these tanks.
    As for the new aegis, it s a vanity. It does nothing better than the old one, sorry. Even if the old was op, shouldn t we have at least one little reason to wear it on maps and not just in towns? Maybe some useful immunity, or a any non contradicting proc. Anything which is at least some progress compared to the old one.
    You're not the only one. I find them pretty useful as well. And the charged Attack damages a lot...like SS and much more than a few rounds of windmill. Still, some times the charged attack takes time- I usually jugg myself so that I amn't stunned when I'm busy charging it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilmercenario View Post
    Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.
    No good in pvp. Tried duelling with old Sword-owner wars. They killed me mercilessly.
    You would better use lvl 37 bonesaw in Lvl 56 pvp than this one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
    That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

Putting the Spank in your Tank
    -Vroom
    we dont ask for op weapon like arcane sword but new sword need fix 100% at least something like the proc of old bonesaw and the armor of old bonesaw! tht will help and will make it useful without be OP!

Robhawk

So i bought a new sword too and honestly, ... LOL!

Axe throw does nearly the same damage then the l46 arc sword, there is literally no difference here...

The old sword has:
    • more DPS
    • +11 STR
    • +2 INT
    • +4,1% Crit

The old sword also has the well known proc, compared to the new one its like the new one doesnt have a proc and on top of that the old sword procs far more often then the new... Imho when you swap the level of both swords everybody is fine with it, lol!

L56 Dragon Hunter Sword, 176,3 DPS, 74 STR, 39 INT, 4,1% crit
    L46 Immortal Corruption Blade, 164,2 DPS, 63 STR, 37 INT, 0% crit
    I mean look at those numbers, i just CANT BE the other way around !?!?!?

As we all know its the other way around, the weapon with the weaker stats is 10 levels above the other one.

Even with all the explanation its just ridiculous to give 2 classes better weapons and 1 class weaker weapons then its predecessors... It should have been that way, all 3 classes get better weapons to make the old ones obsolete! So now mages are happy with new staff and gun, rogues are ok with new bow/daggers and warriors just still have to use either a L41 myth aegis or a l46 arcane sword... The value of blood chests is nearly the same as old massive locked! So a warrior looking for a weapon opens old massive locked, rogues and smurfs can open the new blood chests, jesus!

It would have been better to just not introduce new arcane weapons instead of these that were released! In terms of PVP there is just only 1 new good weapon and that is the arcane gun!
    So smurfs made a huge step forward, rogues made a little step forward and warriors just didn't move. Since smurfs wrecked warriors since health and damage nerf and the introduction of korruption you now give them more damage on top, wow...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 07-04-2016 at 10:04 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    So i bought a new sword too and honestly, ... LOL!

Axe throw does nearly the same damage then the l46 arc sword, there is literally no difference here...

The old sword has:
    • more DPS
    • +11 STR
    • +2 INT
    • +4,1% Crit

The old sword also has the well known proc, compared to the new one its like the new one doesnt have a proc and on top of that the old sword procs far more often then the new... Imho when you swap the level of both swords everybody is fine with it, lol!

L56 Dragon Hunter Sword, 176,3 DPS, 74 STR, 39 INT, 4,1% crit
    L46 Immortal Corruption Blade, 164,2 DPS, 63 STR, 37 INT, 0% crit
    I mean look at those numbers, i just CANT BE the other way around !?!?!?

As we all know its the other way around, the weapon with the weaker stats is 10 levels above the other one.

Even with all the explanation its just ridiculous to give 2 classes better weapons and 1 class weaker weapons then its predecessors... It should have been that way, all 3 classes get better weapons to make the old ones obsolete! So now mages are happy with new staff and gun, rogues are ok with new bow/daggers and warriors just still have to use either a L41 myth aegis or a l46 arcane sword... The value of blood chests is nearly the same as old massive locked! So a warrior looking for a weapon opens old massive locked, rogues and smurfs can open the new blood chests, jesus!

It would have been better to just not introduce new arcane weapons instead of these that were released! In terms of PVP there is just only 1 new good weapon and that is the arcane gun!
    It should be mythic sword not arcane c(:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    It should be mythic sword not arcane c(:
    Even as l56 mythic sword it would be weak with current stats... Lets say its L56 legendary, then we are near the truth!