Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Immortal Arcane staff

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey guys,

I will double check the description of the proc for clarity, but it works like this.

1) You attack a monster using your basic attack and "Rotting Flesh" procs, which is a debuff that lowers armor. This first stack can only come from a basic attack.
    2) From that point forward, every time that mob takes damage, they receive an additional stack of "Rotting Flesh" (this time without the text overhead). This can be from skills, from your basic attack, from pets, from other players, just any source of damage.
    3) When the monster hits 10 stacks of Rotting Flesh they explode dealing damage to nearby enemies and possibly banishing them.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I know some of you like the new arc staff, But the myth staff proc is stillcool even the arc drag staff proc buffs and dmg. Anyways its your choice, I'm still waiting for theimmo staff price to go low

Coalhouse

Name:  Screenshot_20160708-161731~2.png
Views: 467
Size:  164.9 KB

Here is the actual proc description. Perhaps I can explain it:

It states that the proc is called "Rotting Flesh".

It states that the proc stacks "on taking damage".

It states that when the "Rotting Flesh" (i.e. the proc) has stacked ten times, the target explodes.

As for skills, it seems that all anyone is interested in, with respect to new weapons, is the proc. If the most efficient way to play the game is to endlessly use the basic attack hoping for an excessively powerful effect, then it is a sad state of affairs.

Only once have I obtained a weapon because of its proc, when the glintstone aegis proc was changed so that it worked with skills as well as the basic attack. I would rather not have a weapon which could fight equally well irrespective of its user.

I do not actually care which weapons other people use, I have merely tried to clarify some people's confusion.
    Last edited by Coalhouse; 07-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey guys,

I will double check the description of the proc for clarity, but it works like this.

1) You attack a monster using your basic attack and "Rotting Flesh" procs, which is a debuff that lowers armor. This first stack can only come from a basic attack.
    2) From that point forward, every time that mob takes damage, they receive an additional stack of "Rotting Flesh" (this time without the text overhead). This can be from skills, from your basic attack, from pets, from other players, just any source of damage.
    3) When the monster hits 10 stacks of Rotting Flesh they explode dealing damage to nearby enemies and possibly banishing them.
    Thank you for your kind clarification.

I still have to say that proc is kinda useless on normal maps as regular mobs cannot survive our 10 attacks. Maybe little helpful if bosses are exploded and if minions are effected by that explosion and banished as well.

I hope this staff serves well in the elite maps but I doubt that as our 51 mythic staff wildfire proc seems better than 56 arcane staff proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coalhouse View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20160708-161731~2.png
Views: 467
Size:  164.9 KB

Here is the actual proc description. Perhaps I can explain it:

It states that the proc is called "Rotting Flesh".

It states that the proc stacks "on taking damage".

It states that when the "Rotting Flesh" (i.e. the proc) has stacked ten times, the target explodes.

As for skills, it seems that all anyone is interested in, with respect to new weapons, is the proc. If the most efficient way to play the game is to endlessly use the basic attack hoping for an excessively powerful effect, then if is a sad state of affairs.

Only once have I obtained a weapon because of its proc, when the glintstone aegis proc was changed so that it worked with skills as well as the basic attack. I would rather not have a weapon which could fight equally well irrespective of its user.

I do not actually care which weapons other people use, I have merely tried to clarify some peoples' confusion.
    Thank you for taking time to clear the confusion. I appreciate that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I sold the staff 30mins after tried in elite as i cant do much damage, why AA is important on arcane weapon ? It is the same for warrior Aegis and arcane sword too.... or even rogues blades and bow....
    Why this staff sucks ?
    1. Do we really need a DEBUFF armor weapon that can only use close range? In Elite it is not even useful for survival, why? The staff is close range weapon and mobs and boss have big HP. Most pet does debuff why we need a weapon to do this job? The basic of the weapon is to deal damage and good damage like mythic hex staff wild fire. Maybe it is more suitable for tank as an AA process not mage staff ...
    2. This is an arcane weapon its process is inferior to mythic, yes i do use skills to freeze and stun ... but weapon process should buff the caster and this is not the case for this staff... Look at Aegis with armor buff and those extra "death hand" process ....

I think this weapon needs a re-haul .... at least the gun gives health and damage from the totem which is useful which spawn quite consistently

9. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Not surprised. Mage arcane weapons have always had terrible procs. Why would this one be any different?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hey guys,

If I hit a elite monster with the proc and then if I drop Clock to make DoT will it stack to 10?

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    If I hit a elite monster with the proc and then if I drop Clock to make DoT will it stack to 10?
    Yes it will!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yes it will!
    Thanks for the answer , does that work in PvP?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Thanks for the answer , does that work in PvP?
    It works in PvP as well
    | | | |

Coalhouse

It works in PvP as well
    It also appears to proc on bosses, although they do not explode.

How much is each stack of armour reduction, by the way?

(In case anyone is interested, the staff gives my alt. more than a 13% skill damage boost and over 9% more health).
    Last edited by Coalhouse; 07-12-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i dont see banish happening when stacks was trying with smrd using it, it has a pretty bad damage compare to hex staff. This staff needs a buff for damage and stun since it is close range.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Anyone tested rogues both bow and dagger version? Would love to watch it before I bought it

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I noticed the new dolmen stone proc and the indian totem with flams on Arcane weapons... It's so well designed! Hum am'i really playin Arcane Legends? It's amazin even the vanities: the original them, styles, colours are perfects with so nice details i keep discovering days later....
    Well, i would see next a rabbit costum with a new rabbit pet. Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

We are talking about arcane immortal staff not gun ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Just tryin immo staff on elite shuyal and KT 4,this what I'm thinking bout :

- Proc should be on normal attack and skill attack,underhul and glint elite mob is hit sorc really hard,even we try to keep distance from them,some of them have pulling skill and immunity to time shift skill (its more risk to be more close to bunch of mob for doin normal attack). Hex proc active on normal/skill attack,so why this should be different?.

- In KT 4 I'm very very rarely saw proc active,even when proc active mob just can hold 2 - 4 hit then die. So in normal map this is staff is not so good,reduce stack times before explode will be good option. (But this is not on my concern,I buy immo staff for run elite)

- It's dealing dmg to nearby enemies when its explode,but are rotting flesh it self also spread to nearby enemies?
    If no then this not good,sorc advantage is on AoE and DoT. (Can't noticed this one)

- On description said " chance on attack to apply rotting flesh to an enemy" ... come on... we are sorc not rog we dealing area dmg not hit single target.

- Also its has bad auto aim,need really close to mob.

Well that's what I'm thinking after testing it,there could be some mistake point on my observation (someone maybe can clarified).

Thx.
    Last edited by justhell; 07-13-2016 at 10:53 AM.

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justhell View Post
    - Proc should be on normal attack and skill attack,underhul and glint elite mob is hit sorc really hard,even we try to keep distance from them,some of them have pulling skill and immunity to time shift skill (its more risk to be more close to bunch of mob for doin normal attack). Hex proc active on normal/skill attack,so why this should be different?.
    The Hexstaff does not proc on skills, Wildfire can only be caused by a normal attack. For the Immortal Corruption Staff, once Rotting Flesh is applied to an enemy from a normal attack, skills work to increase the stacks (both skills from you and other players).

- It's dealing dmg to nearby enemies when its explode,but are rotting flesh it self also spread to nearby enemies?
    If no then this not good,sorc advantage is on AoE and DoT. (Can't noticed this one)
    It was originally the intent to have Rotting Flesh potentially spread but in this case it was not possible to make it work. We have done some workarounds to mimic "spreading" for other abilities but in the context of Rotting Flesh spreading was not possible.

- On description said " chance on attack to apply rotting flesh to an enemy" ... come on... we are sorc not rog we dealing area dmg not hit single target.
    Chance to apply to an enemy means that every enemy hit has a chance to have Rotting Flesh applied. 1 attack from the staff can hit up to 4 targets. Each of these targets hit has a chance to get Rotting Flesh. The wording used is to distinguish between an all or nothing situation. If Rotting Flesh procs, it doesn't automatically proc on every enemy you hit. Each enemy hit has their own chance to get Rotting Flesh.
    Hope I could clarify some things for you!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

My eyes trick on me on hex proc ,was tought proc also active with skill attack,my bad... but still wish u guys can make this staff lil better (just lil bit better)... thx for ur time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I'm actually really pleased with the staff overall, but I do think that there is one small place for a little improvement, and that's to address the description of "the target explodes", I don't see any explosion effect when an enemy dies.

Would it be possible to add the exploding target animations that happen when you kill a low level enemy with a charged staff attack with the exploding cloud animations from the shadowflare on Kershal in green (since that's the color that you guys selected for the normal attack) to show the target has exploded?

I hope that made sense, lol.

I just feel like there needs to be an actual explosion, if that's what you say is supposed to happen there.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt