Thread: How much Armor actually protects - a Numa Prime Study!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    I would like to prove this theory right or wrong. I have a feeling that armor values may have different effectiveness depending on the map. For example, I think 50 armor in the Cycorp maps means a lot more than 50 armor in Outer Limits. If I can get past the first Vular in Uncharted I will be ok to test... will update with findings later.
    Baddies also have stats, so the relative values of their weapons, str/dex/int, etc should factor in, right? That would explain why OL > CyCorp, etc.

I wonder if there is a multiplyer as you progress through a particular series of maps that causes the same baddy to become stronger, or if it is actually a different baddy that just looks the same as the one in a previous level. I guess it doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Edit: thanks for putting in the work to do this. It is much appreciated and helpful! Same goes for the other players who wrote guides that are useful... You know who you are! I'm hoping to contribute soon and maybe tomorrow if Irene doesn't cut my power...
    Last edited by Teddyache; 08-28-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post
    Baddies also have stats, so the relative values of their weapons, str/dex/int, etc should factor in, right?
    That is a very good point. But the only thing that is making me lean away from this theory is the "mole" mobs. They do not have any weapon and are strictly meelee damage dealers. If armor was based on equips, all moles should deal the same damage/take the same damage.

I think that each mob has multiple different levels (for example, they can be ranked level 1 - 5). i.e. a lower level mole (on Outer Limits) has a lesser amount of damage/armor, whereas a higher level mole (Uncharted Ruins) has higher damage/armor.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So the take home message for this is that 50 armor implant is almost totally worthless?