Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End of twinking?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default End of twinking?

I have always been against the choice that locking xp will disable kills, but got over it when I thought it was only intended for SL. Now that this change has been carted over to PL, I have to say that I'm quite a bit more distraught over it than I thought I would be, and I don't think I'm alone.

Now if you're new to twinking you should know that there is a large organization strictly for level 1 twinks you can read more about it HERE So it's pretty established, not to mention the gear only available via plat store that is now pretty useless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats# We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.
    So now how about the suggestion huh? I would never go against a GoA (you can read how this all got implemented HERE), but this idea never really hit home with me since it was all about getting meaning out of the leaderboard. My suggestion is that once xp is disabled then the toon is removed from the LB completely, never to be returned even is xp enabled again. I think this would serve as a dual purpose since the LB is pretty stuck as it is; it's going to be pretty impossible for anyone to catch some of the highest kill/death leaders without being able to disable xp. They did it and now it cannot be copied so they're pretty set. They disabled xp so they would be removed from the LB and whoever did it legit would take their rightful place in the LB hall of fame. As it is now, one would have to get to level 56 (or whever the end content level would be) and farm without a death in the highest dungeon the game has to offer. There is also now a set amount of kills that one can get on their journey, assuming you play solo and on the lowest dungeon possible throught the game.

Well that's my suggestion, there are players out there who are hanging on by a thread with PL as is and twinking may have been their saving grace. Removing it seems like a big leap just to make an already established list of boosters suddingly meaningful. If nothing else, STS should look at the plat sales of level 1 gear and think about how that well is going to run dry.

On a side note: Access to stash blocked for all toons below level 4. Can we please go back to completing a few quests and have access fix? There should be a way for level one toons to transfer things back and forth between other toons, please make a work around for this.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-25-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can lvl to 5 in a few minutes so you can use the stash.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Very good suggestion and I'd love to see this implemented. I hate this new feature since it's basically saying a list of names is more important than twinks in pve IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidis57 View Post
    You can lvl to 5 in a few minutes so you can use the stash.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    you obviously didnt read the post, people want to be a lvl 1 twink for farming and pvp, not to mention holding items/money/cs slots because they offered premium character packs.
    they want to stay lvl 1 and be able to transfer items back and forth, not that big of a request

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Very good suggestion and I'd love to see this implemented. I hate this new feature since it's basically saying a list of names is more important than twinks in pve IMO.
    agreed, tbh does anyone really care about the leaderboards? i didnt even know they existed until i started hearing these threads about them
    even if Gluttony's suggestions isnt implemented, theres still probably lots of other solutions
    Last edited by AdinoEznite; 08-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts

Sorry, this was to fix an exploit where users would create a new character, visit the stash to store the new character's gold/potions, delete the character and do it all over again.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Sorry, this was to fix an exploit where users would create a new character, visit the stash to store the new character's gold/potions, delete the character and do it all over again.

-ALS
    hmm i guess thats a better reason...

would you guys consider something else if we came up with another solution?
    im sure theres lots of people willing to brainstorm for one
    SL - Adino

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts

We're always open to suggestions.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

-ALS
    I'm sorry...but seriously? People getting 20 free hp and mana pots at an incredibly inefficient rate calls for completely destroying a niche part of the game? I'm sure there's a better solution..like why not start new characters out with 0 potions once they leave the tutorial, but have the first quest reward them with 5 or 10 of each?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Wut is the point to the lvl 1 armor from the Premium character upgrade if u cant re use it on a lvl 1-4?!?!?

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i can just say that IMO isnt right that my 51 farmer in Sewers dont get kills anymore.. i play as 51 in a 50-55 dungeon. kinda harder anyway.
    i would change this to no get kills in the lower dungeon, aka AO3 if XP locked. Boosting kills in sewers as 51 isnt that good idea.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    I'm sorry...but seriously? People getting 20 free hp and mana pots at an incredibly inefficient rate calls for completely destroying a niche part of the game? I'm sure there's a better solution..like why not start new characters out with 0 potions once they leave the tutorial, but have the first quest reward them with 5 or 10 of each?
    agreed

i can see why something like this was implemented for SL because the stimpacks are actually worth something and it gives people an incentive to join a guild...

but in PL? its really not worth it, HP pots are so easy to get and so cheap once you start selling things its ridiculous

I have another solution, but its probably harder to implement than sun's suggestion...

implement pvp rewards. say you get one Fighter of Alterra point for every pvp kill and then you can spend those points on getting access to your stash (say like 20 points)

it would stop people from doing that exploit because the only way they are gonna get any pvp points is if they actually geared up their lvl 1 with plat stuff, and then they would have to delete their character to repeat the process, which would deny them access to their plat gear because they need to rebuy the stash with pvp points

anyone with a serious lvl 1 twink will be able to get those pvp points and get access to the stash

and then the dev team can implement other rewards that we can use pvp points to spend on like vanities and such

the rewards system could also be implemented in someway to stop kill farming in pvp if you limit the number of points you can get by killing one person

on the topic of the no kills if locked xp thing...
    you already cant get kills from a dungeon thats like 5 lvls lower than you right?
    was there really a problem with the boosting?
    any change to the system now just makes the currently leaderboards even more unobtainable (unless its wiped)
    Last edited by AdinoEznite; 08-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

We're always open to suggestions.

-ALS
    This may not be a popular suggestion but how about imposing a limit on how many times you can delete and create a char in a period of 12 hours, for example? This would also prevent other existing exploits of the same kind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    This may not be a popular suggestion but how about imposing a limit on how many times you can delete and create a char in a period of 12 hours, for example? This would also prevent other existing exploits of the same kind.
    I like but i think like 1 hour would do xD. I doubt sum1s going to wait 1 hour just to create another char just to get 12 potions :|

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    This too, make a limit on how many new characters you can create per day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

The purpose of my lv1 twink was to farm for potions & drops which I would stash ( & not sell ). I hope devs didn't frown on this, but without the ability to get to my stash I don't know why I would keep the toon.
    I don't "kill farm" & never look at leader boards.
    I hope a solution comes out of some of the good player ideas. Also I appreciate the devs being so open to feedback & probably having to deal with some really worked up fans.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

So as I understand it, a nitche of the game has been removed partially due to the fact that one can create a new toon just to stash 24 pots and 50 gold with a 64g max if you liquidate your starting gear. We are talking a total of 304g if you sell the pots for 10g each. That's quite a bit of work for minimal gain, any real merchant or player would know that you can earn that by just playing the game normally. Allowing access to stash after a few prerequisites are met would solve the issue entirely by adding to the time it takes to gain access to stash substantially.

Perhaps appealing to the business side of things is how we should approace this. There is a level 1 twinking guide, found HERE and it points out that the best gear for a level one is only available via plat, which means players who are enjoying this aspect of the game have payed for items with a very defined task. I wouldn't suggest that you're shutting down a potential gold mine, but you're definitely closing down a revenue avenue.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    So as I understand it, a nitche of the game has been removed partially due to the fact that one can create a new toon just to stash 24 pots and 50 gold with a 64g max if you liquidate your starting gear. We are talking a total of 304g if you sell the pots for 10g each. That's quite a bit of work for minimal gain, any real merchant or player would know that you can earn that by just playing the game normally. Allowing access to stash after a few prerequisites are met would solve the issue entirely by adding to the time it takes to gain access to stash substantially.

Perhaps appealing to the business side of things is how we should approace this. There is a level 1 twinking guide, found HERE and it points out that the best gear for a level one is only available via plat, which means players who are enjoying this aspect of the game have payed for items with a very defined task. I wouldn't suggest that you're shutting down a potential gold mine, but you're definitely closing down a revenue avenue.
    Wisdom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually did buy a bunch of plat stuff for my level 1's and I was planning on buying the level 1 premium plat items for them also, but now my level 1's can't access stash, so I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm guessing just leave them. I can't delete them since they have plat/vanities, but I'm not going to buy anything new for them either since they can't give up their plat/vanities.

I also used my level 1's mostly for pot farming and just to show off -- enough kills to be fun when someone saw them and cool equips for a "noob". It was really cool.

I think right now, my level 1's are in a holding pattern.

I would pot farm and buy them plat stuff again if they could access stash. However, having vanities/plat items stuck on the level 1's is NOT fun.

Please consider letting level 1's access stash again somehow. I did think in PL it's lots faster to farm for pots than to restart, etc., especially when you take into consideration the quests you have to do to get into stash. Maybe make the level 1's have to complete more quests? If it takes to level 5 for a normal character to access stash, I'm guessing there's gonna be much less remaking characters for the pot/gold thing.

[And personally I really want those level 1 premium armor things. However, I was on iOS and just as those packs are finally available for us iOS users, the exact toons I want to buy those equips for cannot access stash...]

Star light, star bright...

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    [And personally I really want those level 1 premium armor things. However, I was on iOS and just as those packs are finally available for us iOS users, the exact toons I want to buy those equips for cannot access stash...]
    So with you on that one, I was seconds away from upgrading a character to get the level 1 gear but the fact that I would get auction slots for a level one held me up a bit. Then it was suggested to upgrade a different toon and transfer the gear and suddenly I was all in. Good thing I checked what was different before just purchasing the gear. I was looking forward to the update for quite a while, only to get disappointed in when I finally got my hands on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks physilogic.....u complained ur way into ruining the game for a meaningless leaderboard (which is completely skewed already). why do the biggest whiners always get their way?

all this for bragging rights....sad.....so sad.