Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: End of twinking?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Thanks for that supertroll... Unnecessary flames like that done even belong in this thread. I'm suggesting a fix that could be benifitial to the players of PL and would like to get a dev or two to take it seriously, I'd enjoy them lookin at this and commenting past a *click* and a lock.

Phys' suggestion was for a new game that still had hope for a meaningful LB, there was no way for him to know that code from SL would get carted over.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-26-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Delete this and remake? I think not.

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Wait.. if you dont care about leaderboards, then whats the problem? You don't need to stash your level one gear and drops, just increase your toons inventory. You can still sell your stuff, and keep pots and whatever else on that toon. The only thing you cant do that affects lvl 1 twinking seriously is rack up kills, but no amount of complaining or suggestions will change this i don't think. I dont even know why they changed this tho, as stated by gluttony in other threads, this just further cements the killboosters that are already on the boards.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Wait.. if you dont care about leaderboards, then whats the problem? You don't need to stash your level one gear and drops, just increase your toons inventory. You can still sell your stuff, and keep pots and whatever else on that toon. The only thing you cant do that affects lvl 1 twinking seriously is rack up kills, but no amount of complaining or suggestions will change this i don't think. I dont even know why they changed this tho, as stated by gluttony in other threads, this just further cements the killboosters that are already on the boards.
    See that nice pretty vanity on my head? I have plenty more on that character, and i cant stash those. :|

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Actually you cannot transfer anything and this was done in the middle of some people's workday. Think about it like this: you have a level 1 toon with say ALL your vanity items on them (why you ask, because you can that's why), next time you log in you find that you cannot access stash, you cannot transfer any of your vanity items to another toon, you can't even take pots or gold out of your stash for your under level 4 toon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You people are so redic like its gonna be okay life will move on give the devs a break they said they're open to suggestions so make one if you want change dont keep making threads crying about the fact that it happened. If its to horrible to make a suggestion and wait for it to be put in game then make your own game or something!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    You people are so redic like its gonna be okay life will move on give the devs a break they said they're open to suggestions so make one if you want change dont keep making threads crying about the fact that it happened. If its to horrible to make a suggestion and wait for it to be put in game then make your own game or something!
    This is a suggestion thread, read the OP please. Everything after that I cannot control, but I do respond to what others have to say in the thread. It clear that a few are passionate about this change and choose to express themselves across multiple threads, and there is no problem with that. But take a second to think about what you're trying to accomplish with your post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree that the stash thing may? Need a fix. But you original post was how if you can't rack up kills the twinking was dead. But at the same time are contradicting this statement by saying its not about the kills. Im confused as to what your upset about. Besides your add in about stash. That i understand.
    Last edited by Breadkeeper; 08-27-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    I agree that the stash thing may? Need a fix. But you original post was how if you can't rack up kills the twinking was dead. But at the same time are contradicting this statement by saying its not about the kills. Important confused as to what your upset about. Besides your add in about stash. That i understand.
    I actually don't believe I said it's not about the kills, but rather suggested that it's not about the recognition. My suggestion would indeed remove all those level 1 twinks from the LB, that is the main point. The stash is a very important side note that this intergrated patch just happened to create; sorry but I didn't see the need to create a seperate thread just for that.

I'm not actually "upset" about anything, change was needed to make the LB important. I get that, but don't feel that this is the correct action to take. I think that in order to make the boards mean something, those that boosted to get there need to be removed. I believe this solution allows those kill farmers to still be able to toot their own horn, just on a much smaller scale.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I say delete the boards. . . . . There just a measure of who can play the game the most in both games.

I love kill farming. Its kinda cool to walk around with 10k+ kills at level10. That gave me 2 reasons to hunt down low level gear. I dont even want to play now.

someone didnt have enough time to play and got passed on LB is the only reason it was brought up.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Posted this on your other thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolypze View Post
    OK, well this thread wuz exploiting a bug that came with 1.7.3, which allowed stash use without pre reqs, but before, you could be lvl 1 and stash by doing the first Forest Haven quests. When you fixed it, you made the requirements lvl 4, which makes no sense at all when you could have made it back to the way it was before, rather then changing it completely for the worse. The way before worked very well, people didn't try getting potions that way because it took time, and everyone was happy with it. I think that you should switch it back to the Lil Smith Jr. stash requirement quest, because no one was doing this potion stashing thing BEFORE 1.7.3.
    Boom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Id just like to add clutter and say... very interesting post. I like the idea of making leaderboards mean something and its nice to see constant updates and big changes like this. But there are elixirs and that affects pve.. and without a rating system for pvp.. people can pay for kills or prey on others.

And i beleive that locked characters should be removed from lb with this change... but would sort of be wrong in a way too.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

ranks would be a nice touch to the leaderboards... that why people can see how far off they are from the boosters

like... PVP kills... top 5, then next page.... etc etc. Then search character... etc etc
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I don't see this has been specifically mentioned yet...it costs 5 platinum to create a new character, right? What I'm understanding is that apparently there was a "problem" with people creating new characters all day long just to farm their meager amounts of starting pots and gold (which aren't even worth the 5 platinum spent on the whole process), and that caused them to make this change. What am I missing here?

I have no personal interest in kill-farming, twinking, or whatever, but obviously it's a big deal for some, and I'm just trying to understand the logic. I could understand if creating new characters was free, but if people are spending platinum, what is the problem exactly, STS? Unless I'm mistaken, you want people to spend platinum.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I don't see this has been specifically mentioned yet...it costs 5 platinum to create a new character, right? What I'm understanding is that apparently there was a "problem" with people creating new characters all day long just to farm their meager amounts of starting pots and gold (which aren't even worth the 5 platinum spent on the whole process), and that caused them to make this change. What am I missing here?
    The point you're missing is that it costs 5 plat for a character slot, once the slot is purchased the character can be created, deleted and recreated for no additional charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Oh, didn't realize that. Well then, charge 5 platinum for each character rather than each slot. Problem solved, and everyone is happy, right? Sounds fair to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

OK, I gave it a good, long think, and I have the following suggestion regarding stash access:

First, keep the level 5 requirement in place, as this in no way affects those that plan on levelling their characters. As was previously mentioned, it only takes a few minutes to get to level 5.

Second, for those that plan to keep their characters at level one, impose a time limit from character creation to stash access. Note, this is not a time limit as others have suggested. I am proposing the clock start ticking once a character has been created, and could be a large amount of time, such as 48 hours (real time, not in-game time), or more. A low-level character trying to access the stash before the time limit was up would be denied access and given a message like "Stash access will be granted at level 5 or in "HH:MM:SS". Anyone with a lower-than-level-5 character that is older than the time limit would have access to the stash. This would instantly return stash access to veteran level 1 characters; niche intact! This would also effectively end the practice of repeated creation and deletion of new characters just of strip them of their belongings. Most likely, few to no one would want to wait two days or more for a handful of potions and gold. If the practice of "character stripping" (anyone have a better name for this?) is still happening, increase the clock. One week? Two?

In short, stash access would be granted either once the character reaches level 5 or has run out the 2 day (or longer) clock, whichever comes first. Anyone serious about developing their low-level character will not mind the wait!

Let me know what you think!

Edit: SL is level 5 for stash access. Not 100% sure about PL. If it is level 4, replace all mention of level 5 above with level 4. You know what I meant! You're not flaming me because of my mistake!
    Last edited by thequickone; 09-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer