Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Awkard Joystick placement on iPad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Awkard Joystick placement on iPad

Please fix this, my joystick is on the top left corner instead of next on lower corner across from the attack button. Is this a bug? Can I move it? its really, really annoying.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

This is how it has always been (well, with PL anyway).

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    Seriously?! Can I change this? Its really not cool. I had the game on my android and this wasn't the case. It was straight across from the attack button like most games!

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Yes, the iPad UI is different than the phone UI. Currently, there's no way to change it.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok. I just don't like reaching over to grab the joystick. I've played a lot of RPGs on the iPad that just joystick across from the attack button and this is just kind of pain to use. I could touch to move but that is kinda slow too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am not able to play PL for a month just bcoz of a silly patching problem... Tried like 100 times... Whenever I ask for your help your reply is " mail us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com replace (at) from @.

When you guys cant help me at a dedicated forum whats so special about the email tell me...

Will I ever get a chance to play this awesome game again??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Tjis is and has been where joy stick is the hardest part is being in a full map the joy stick hits the last player bringing up their screen this causes alot of deaths, you will become quick at screen changing. Until the day they can move it a bit even down just a tad bit.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post
    I am not able to play PL for a month just bcoz of a silly patching problem... Tried like 100 times... Whenever I ask for your help your reply is " mail us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com replace (at) from @.

When you guys cant help me at a dedicated forum whats so special about the email tell me...

Will I ever get a chance to play this awesome game again??
    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    I'll be honest, I've never tried PL on the iPad before. As soon as I picked up SL on my iPad2 and realized the virtual joystick was at the top left corner of the screen the first thing out of my mouth was "Who would ever do such a thing". Heh, looks like I'm going to be playing this on my iPhone instead, because that's such an oddly awkward way to hold your iPad. Or at least, I've been trained by so many other games to hold my iPad at the bottom of the device in a horizontal position holding it at an angle like that just seems so foreign. Not to mention that when my left thumb is moving me around using the virtual joystick, the rest of my hand is covering up the bottom left quarter of the screen. Perhaps I'm just not dexterous enough, or my thumbs aren't long enough... ^_~

Oh well, hopefully there's some future plans to include support for at the very least a limited custom UI layout.
    Last edited by sushibox; 08-26-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

That's the very same reason I can't play on my iPad either lol. Im more comfortable on my iPhone, but everything's so much prettier on the pad :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Hmmm i play quite comfortably on my iPad with both games TBH, the one complaint i have about the SL one is its a tad too close to the party name list, and it keeps opening up another players stat page ><

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    Hmmm i play quite comfortably on my iPad with both games TBH, the one complaint i have about the SL one is its a tad too close to the party name list, and it keeps opening up another players stat page ><
    Oh I don't doubt it, I'm sure many aren't as encumbered as I seem to be. There seems to be some "training" that goes into using my various devices, and just like I've been trained through repetition to hold the devices or use them in specific ways. Just as I'm somewhat "trained" to swipe from left to right to delete an item, in many of my games that require the use of a virtual directional pad I find that the joystick is usually located in the lower left quadrant of the screen. I'm sure I could get used to the top left quadrant, but from my perspective it simply seems so foreign. I guess I could also point to games like Order & Chaos or even Pocket Legends on the iPhone/iPod Touch. I'm certainly not opposed to trying out a new way of controlling games, but from past history I definitely prefer to have the action buttons on the right side, the virtual d-pad on the lower left, and the ability to swipe across the screen to position the camera. Especially since my hand seems to cover the left side of the device when I'm tending to the joystick, I feel like I'm an imposition on my own screen.

At any rate, I'm definitely excited about getting started with the game as a whole as I really enjoyed Pocket Legends while I played it.