Thread: Critical Damage Bonus and Mind Wrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Critical Damage Bonus and Mind Wrack

I may have found the critical damage bonus for normal attacks and Mind Wrack. The short answer, I think, is that a normal critical does 1.33x damage (+33%), and a Mind Wrack critical does 2.33x damage (+133%). Here is how I figured it.

My operative does 52.5 damage (43-62) on a regular attack on the first burrower enemies in Numa Prime - Outer Limits. Critical hits are harder to measure (I had a much smaller example), but I was hitting those averaging 69.5 damage (59 to 80). That is exactly a 1.33x increase, or 33%. Maybe a coincidence?

Maybe not. With Mind Wrack at max skill, my average is 57.5 damage (54 to 61). With a crit (and again with a smaller sample), I was getting huge numbers, like 131-137 (and some of the hits killing the mobs outright). The average was right around 134, which is a 2.33x increase, or 133% more damage.

So does a critical add 33% more damage, and does the crit bonus of Mind Wrack (which is no longer in the skill description) effectively add 133% more damage?
    Last edited by kamikazees; 08-26-2011 at 10:03 AM.