Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
The Beckon equivalent seems useless, along with that AoE damage tick for 10 seconds....Damage-buff seemed useless at first, same reason for Beckon + AoE Tick (I have to learn those names!), mobs are usually dead.
Gravity Well is the Beckon, and I think it is fantastic. I maxed it out. It is an extremely high damage skill. There is a delay as mobs get damaged and drawn to you, but part of the reason they are dying is because Beckon goes a long way toward killing them too. It also taunts and recharges in 10 seconds. The AoE damage tick is Nebula, which I have found no use for. I don't like DOTs for the reasons you posted.

On my approach, I head toward a wall and cast Gravity Well, and then Neutron Stomp as enemies are being pulled and damaged. I then step away from the wall while casting Singularity and auto-attack with my cannon. Singularity goes off as they are getting up, smashing them all against the wall, knocking them down again and bunching them all up together to get hit by the cannon fire. Done. I use Increase Mass and Gravity Slam as needed.

I have 3 points in Growing Rage (damage buff), but I'm thinking about dropping those into Kinetic Reservoir (the energy buff). Because of the 60 second recharge I find myself always saving Rage for something "around the corner," which usually means I end up not using it until the boss. I have 2 in Kinetic Reservoir now and still have energy problems. I've found I can often time Neutron Stomp or another skill right as it goes out, which gives a huge boost in damage. Maybe at higher levels the 2 seconds of increased damage may actually outweigh the 5 seconds of decreased damage.