Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Took the Time to Respec 3x found best DPS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jaysal's Super Deluxe Archer Thread

So it looks like my next points will be in ...... drum roll Blinding shot

Heres my reasoning... Due to the glitch where your character will be sucked to the location of the mob attacking you.. Even if your plenty far away.. i dont place any trust in rooting spells or movement impairing spells at the moment.. For this reason I will continue the trend of reducing the probability that i will get hit even in close range.

RESPEC.......
    So I Tried a few things. I stacked Dexterity till my hit % was at 100 then filled in the rest with Strength..

This yielded just so so dps and even with a larger health pool found taking a hit was still pretty harsh..

RESPEC.....

This time I stacked DEX till i hit 100% hit cap and then stacked Intelligence...

Again the DPS was ok however this yielded the worst survivability out of my 3 specs. Mana pool was nice to never run out but with meditation this is not of significance.

RESPEC......

10 Intelligence for a tiny mana buffer.

Dex to the ceiling..!!

This was by far the highest DPS and the best survivability due to high amount of dodge. Not to mention you'll never EVER miss your right around 200% chance to hit after Focus...

That said heres my skills - This is intended as Highest DPS possible build.

Ideal rotation is FOCUS, BRK ARMOR, BLST SHOT,

Burn Meditation every cooldown.

Thorn Wall and Thorn root as needed.

Focus 5/5
    Meditation 5/5
    Blast Shot 5/5
    Break Armor 5/5
    Blinding Shot 1/5

Evasion while a good talent is not needed between kiting and thorn wall you can almost always out run enemies.. (For the sole reason for bosses that can melee from a distance due to lag and caster bosses this may be my next few points, however a few more point in intelligence may prove necassary for this to be added to the rotation without burning through lots of mana pots.)

Avian Scream spreads out enemies which is honestly terrible for Archers as your primary dps comes from a focused blast shot on broken armor.... In which you want mobs grouped together. The spread however is minimal and i could see using this as a defensive skill LATER in the game once points aren't so precious.

Repulse shot - Again I only use Thorn Root for bosses as temporary stall so the functionality of Repulse is not needed.

Blinding shot - In the time that it takes me to worry about a bosses hit chance I can have them dead, and i already have a decent rate of dodge. This would be nice if it was all enemies but the only time I'm worried about 1 enemy is a boss ... In which case I always keep a boss running. The only exception here is caster bosses which Can be nasty So I reserve the possibility of adding this talent down the road once i have more points to spend.

Shattering Scream - This could be looked at as a buff to help the tank.. Or a spell used if you decide to bird tank.. Either way I wouldn't budget something like this so early in the game. Since this only matter if they connect and doesnt affect IF they will connect I'm not worried about this since it doesnt affect the liklihood that a caster boss will hit me.. (Caster bosses hitting you are pretty much the only thing you have to worry about as an archer so far in the game as long as your good at kiting.)

Restore - Nice for solo runs and tanking However even when soloing I rarely find myself using pots unless im up against a "caster boss" in which case the damage come in such large spikes... The slow rate of Regen from this even at 5/5 just wont save you from a death like a health pot will.
    Last edited by Jaysal; 04-17-2010 at 06:06 PM.