Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: galaxy s II crashing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default galaxy s II crashing

anyone else having random crashing after this last update? I can't stay online for more than 3 min at a time before the game locks and closes.

stock rom, Bell canada galaxy S II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's the problem with that phone vs Galaxy S. Phone crashes playing certain games.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crashes on mine too. Samsung Galaxy S2, stock rom. Well more like freezes. I can see everyone moving but I can't do anything. The last time it happened, I was in the middle of a message. Actually that normally seems to be the cause of it; while I'm typing out a message to someone with the keyboard up, then it'll just freeze with everyone still moving in the background. Then I have to hard reset my phone to get any buttons to work again.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yup, known issue with Samsung's implementation of their audio. More details at: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...g-to-app-crash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

From reading that link it seems to be ONLY Samsung dual core devices. Simple solution for me: Never buy a Samsung device.

For you guys, I feel sad.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im using samsung galaxy s2 no problem to me. try update ur phone if ur using stuck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The reason this is happening is because galaxy s2 has an issue with certain sounds not processing and communicating with the hardware properly causing it to crash. I called Samsung and they say they are not responsible for that, I inquired with a friend who takes part in the development for Android operating system and he said it is possibly an issue with the drivers and will not be fixed until the next update...if then. So in my opinion trade the phone. I had it myself and could not wait to get rid of it. I switched to HTC which even though it is dual core, never has issues with anything ! Samsung also has a lot of legal issues which is probably holding them back from creating proper drivers for their phones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
    The reason this is happening is because galaxy s2 has an issue with certain sounds not processing and communicating with the hardware properly causing it to crash. I called Samsung and they say they are not responsible for that, I inquired with a friend who takes part in the development for Android operating system and he said it is possibly an issue with the drivers and will not be fixed until the next update...if then. So in my opinion trade the phone. I had it myself and could not wait to get rid of it. I switched to HTC which even though it is dual core, never has issues with anything ! Samsung also has a lot of legal issues which is probably holding them back from creating proper drivers for their phones.
    How in the world does the Samsung legal team, who are probably an outside practice anyway, have anything to do at all with their software engineers? More than likely, Sammy is going to leave it up to STS to have their apps compatible with their drivers, not the other way around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The crashing usually happens every other run for me on my Galaxy S II. It's to the point where I have stopped playing on it. Good thing I have an iPad 2 so I can still enjoy the game!

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Check out this workaround posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-game-freezes
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Check out this workaround posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-game-freezes
    I see... in the future... a lot of gsII shaped paperweights...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*crosses fingers that this issue will be solved with the new client Dec 14:th*

Yes, I am aware that it is a Samsung and not an STS issue, but I believe STS might fix it anyways as they do not want to lose players.

/Zaanaskehy lvl 35 Commando
    Infinite Union
    Last edited by Zaanaskehy; 12-01-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

My phone is costantly crashing. I can't even finish a level. My actual version is 2.3.4. Since I'm waiting to upgrade to 2.3.6 can disabling the audio for the game be a workaround, apart from the solution posted above?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Maaa ki aankh salo....
    Tumhara bap will return

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have had this problem too with my ASUS Transformer. It would play the game for 4-5 minutes or so, and then I would get an error message and the game would force close. To fix this problem I tried 2 different things...

1) First I upgraded my ASUS, and got the latest firmware.
    2) Then I installed the latest updates for the game itself.

After this the game worked perfectly and it stoped closing, now my game works pefectly and never crashes. I suggest you try doing the same thing and hopefully your game will be working properly. Good Luck!