Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Moving the Joypad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Moving the Joypad?

The location of the joypad on the ipad is horrible.
    Not only is it uncomfortable to use compared to my phone, the pad itself clips into party portraits, so a small slip off the pad and your constantly switching to a party members profile. Is there a way to move the chat or joypad at all?

Name:  002miga.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  120.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Wow! I never thought it was that bad. Now that I seen a picture of where the joystick is placed, I think STS should let users move it to their liking or make different controller schemes that the user can choose from.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Couldn't you move the joystick location on PL? I just looked at it now and couldn't figure it out, but I swear it had that setting at one point. Maybe I'm just confusing it with another game. Anyway, yes, being able to move the joystick location would be great in both SL and PL. I mean, especially on a tablet. You've got all that room to work with on the bottom, and the joystick is crammed into the top corner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with the OP. Come on STS, the current joystick position is suboptimal. Give us some options here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It plays horrible indeed on the iPad. You can make it smaller in the options menu, but that doesn't play ok.
    The miner boss is impossible with this joything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, sts please allow iPad users to move the joystick. So, far this is the only thing I have found that I can stand.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Happens to me also on my iPad.
    I keep hitting the player and then get their profile..
    Annoying.

Steve
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Same here...please move it, I can't see the stats etc. for other players (I'm an Eng)...and I keep hitting the players,
    bringing up their profiles in mid game....very annoying. thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I posted a similar remark, in this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=35177

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I'm on iPad too and it's very annoying indeed.

While we're at it, it would be great if they could move the joystick a bit more down too. When you're in a full group, you have to basically move over the names to be able to control your char. If I lift my left thumb off the screen, and try to touch the joystick again, half of the time I'm selecting someone in the group. As an engineer it's really ridiculous, there's no way to see where the life-bars of your party members are, while controlling with the joystick. So, basically, you'll have to lift up your finger or move downwards in order to see their health :/ Not that this specific thing is much better in PL, but in SL it seems more necessary to time your heals right.
    Edit: I actually made a thread about this before, but then it was about PL. I suggested to move the life-bars to the right of the screen instead of the left. Hope they will look into this for SL :/
    Last edited by JaytB; 08-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see this moveable as well. That way my Fling joystick will be easier to use. As it stands currently it doesnt mount well since one of the suction cups is right over the Home button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe, I got one of those fling things myself after seeing this post, still can use it, but the iPad joystick is still in an awful spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yup, I've been after STS for a year (through suggestions in feedback folder) to move the joystick or give us the ability to do so, or even give us like 5 different preset locations. So far it doesn't appear its that much of an issue to them. Hopefully in the future they can do it. I'd also like to be able to map the emotes, similiar to the skill mapping so you can put the emotes where you want them (more for PL then SL). Time will tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone from STS ever commented on this issue? There has to be a reason for putting the joystick in such a bad location. I would like to hear their reasoning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geo111 View Post
    Has anyone from STS ever commented on this issue? There has to be a reason for putting the joystick in such a bad location. I would like to hear their reasoning.
    If they did, I missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geo111 View Post
    Never read a comment about this to be honest. The reason it's so high up IMO, is so that it's still easily accessible while your keyboard is out. Honestly, I'm used to the placement of the joystick by now. The only thing I can't get used to, is accidentally touching someone's name, or not being able to see my teammates' health. They could solve that by moving the health/mana/name bars more to the right, or even completely to the right for that matter.

But yeah, I guess we can only hope that enough people care for this issue that it gets noticed

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Wow! I never thought it was that bad. Now that I seen a picture of where the joystick is placed, I think STS should let users move it to their liking or make different controller schemes that the user can choose from.
    My reaction to a T.

Cant believe this.. looks pretty hard to maneuver was not sure how it would be set out, but looks alot different from an Android/iPhone. Unsure why this hasnt been looked into but maybe as some have suggested that it was not much of a problem now on PL and SL maybe this will change.

Also, when was this screenshot taken? as im looking for the arrow for quests and its not on there? do they have an option to disable this on iPad?

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Also, when was this screenshot taken? as im looking for the arrow for quests and its not on there? do they have an option to disable this on iPad?
    Sadly no, this was taken shortly before they added that. I noticed how much they patch the ipad so hopefully a quick ui move wouldnt be completely out of the question soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kapoho View Post
    The location of the joypad on the ipad is horrible.
    Not only is it uncomfortable to use compared to my phone, the pad itself clips into party portraits, so a small slip off the pad and your constantly switching to a party members profile. Is there a way to move the chat or joypad at all?

Name:  002miga.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  120.1 KB
    i totally agree. it's so horrible. it's too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should implement the same joy stick as another well known MMMORPG on mobile/tablet devices..

Its basically not a fixed position, It will place the joystick where you place your finger/thumb as long as its on the right hand corner of the screen and if you drag your finger/thumb out of the area it will drag the joystick with it.. Fantastic concept and works flawlessly.

BUMP BUMP BUMP! This needs implementing
    IGN: Ryt - Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just moving it to the same spot as the iPhone would be sufficient. Moveable joypads would be ideal, anything but this!