Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: *sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default *sigh*

It is just so saddening that SL is such a great game and every party I end up in just doesn't know how to play.. I'm no pro myself but I'm not a tank either. The tanks I end up with usually do nothing but sit in the back of the group. Another thing that happens to me is that some random noob just runs in and pulls a crap load of mobs out and gets the whole party killed. I need people who know what they are doing. Otherwise I can't play. I refuse to be in a dungeon where I die one time after the other due to the failure of some random person just pulling mobs out and then saying "we got this". It's just weird how I've only been in groups that just seem to fail miserably. I haven't been playing long but I have been on non stop since last night. So far almost everyone I've played with has failed in my eyes. There are the few that just destroyed. These are members of my guild and SOME and only SOME members of other guilds.
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The tanks are most likely staying back because theyve run out of potions on other runs. We cant tank like on PL yet, not enough money.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lol I don't quite have the game down yet Jesp =P sorry. But remember were all just learning- so it different. Also unlike in PL, the mobs are way harder so we can't just rush in and fight. Also We cant pound pots..
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im on iOS so im right there withya, the lack of pots really effects gameplay. We need either an increase in cash flow or the pot prices need to be nerfed

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Chill on the trolling, and teach the children to play the game well.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Howdy!

I have been in a few groups in recent memory that were just not cohesive or functional, no matter how hard they tried. In fairness, the lack of cohesion was part my fault, too (we're all in this together), because I had my own ideas of what the group SHOULD be doing and where the group SHOULD be going. We all finally decided that we had no chance of taking on the Guardian, and disbanded.

However, the above experience is definitely not the norm. I have been in far more groups that function anywhere from just fine to absolutely magical! Those groups are a blast, and more than make up for the occasional bummer run. When you find yourself in a great run, don't forget to send friend requests. That way, you have a better chance of running with those players again, and meeting their friends!

I have one character of each class (see sig), each currently at level 25. I think I am a quite capable player, and am fair with Com and Op, but believe I really excel as an Eng (my main). I am not reckless with any class, but am also not afraid to die (long since came to terms with not being on the LBs). Add me in game and invite me along on some runs! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA, USA, and am usually on for a few hours each day starting at about 9 PM, Pacific Daylight Time.

Laters!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I think it is just that you aren't at the higher game level yet. Say 20+, and players dont fully get it yet.

Ill be on to run with you tonight
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sl is so much harder then pl, no gold, no pots. basically i had to skill that healing spell to lvl 6 cause i cant afford potions. they rarely drop, like 1-2 per round for me MAX. kinda annoys me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Sure con im up for that. And thank you g for deleting everything.
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I've played with many good teams while farming Guardian where nobody drops below half health, and I've played with many terrible teams who all die immediately. In conclusion, it doesn't seem much different from PL.

My goal is to make the ultimate tanking Commando, as I love crowd-control and stopping people from dying.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

hehe I bet u hate me...Know my commando? yeah, I usually stay in the back if I am out of pots or taking MASSIVE ( I mean MASSIVE) damage. I do that to try to shake off any aggro that I pulled from a distance. But that usually only happens when the group is off standing 20 meters behind me....Its pretty hard tanking in SL...

P.S: Try fighting guardian with No potions AT ALL while having no engineers. xD.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im noticing alot of players going back to PL because SL is to "hard" for them.... chuckle.

I love how this game is harder and makes you actually play your char. When (im) running around in PL half asleep with a drink in one hand and food in the other, using my nose or feet to play (it) makes me think that maybe the game is to easy..

STS Dont change a thing, Keep making SL the awesome game it is, and please dont nerf it to appease to the masses of people that all want handouts.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    Im noticing alot of players going back to PL because SL is to "hard" for them.... chuckle.

I love how this game is harder and makes you actually play your char. When (im) running around in PL half asleep with a drink in one hand and food in the other, using my nose or feet to play (it) makes me think that maybe the game is to easy..

STS Dont change a thing, Keep making SL the awesome game it is, and please dont nerf it to appease to the masses of people that all want handouts.
    Make potions a little cheaper until we can afford to pay the 1.5k. 2-3c drops just arent enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yeah I agree, the challenge and difficulty level is good where it is. Now just let me transfer my 600+ platinum to SL and we're good...
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

ehh i dont want potion price nerfed- it keeps people from ammassing credits and keeps items cheaper for all. Do a few quests and you'll have enough to start with, then you can farm them at a high enough lvl. If im in the recommended lvls i don't need pots (im a engie =)) and I didnt buy the 30 plat starter thing our potions or credits with plat.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As an operative, some of these comments are whacking my nuts. Sure, I absolutely do not want to, and have not adapted PL/SL yet, and that is my problem number 1, but I'm slowly dying less and less. The problem is, as an operative, you have to guzzle health stims, because your armor is so low, and you sometimes draw a lot of aggro because of the damage. You ALSO need to guzzle energy because a couple unloads means you're out of mana. We are pot dealers dream customers. Sure, kiting may help, but most of these enemies are ranged.

Perhaps it's just me and my slow adaptation though. :/ Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Items will stay low priced because at this point, theyre all easy to obtain. There aren't any legendary or rare equipment yet, so the prices of other items wouldnt rise if potions were lowered. It's hard to fully enjoy the game when you die every few seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My suggestion may come off as harsh but maybe people need to learn to play better. Learn what skills use loads of Mana, and dont spam them unless absolutley needed, run with a good engie, that keeps the team buffed, you do know that a engie can buff your team with +1 regen right? Run with a engie that is more concerned with watching the "Teams" health bars and not his own, as a engie i dont geal myself with my heal spells, i save them for the team, if i pull all agro and am dieing i usually pot my way to health, rather then wasting my heal spells on myself. (Also use Leech to keep myself healed so i can save my heal spells for team). Also watch for people selling stims, i have over 3k each stim, i buy from people that farm them. Can usually get health at 10c a stim and power at even cheaper. Heck, i think i bought 1k power stims for 4k the other day. And no i didnt buy credits with plat. All earned through playing and farming. Sometimes if im bored, ill run a low level map solo, can usually get 25 stims in around 4 runs. Not to mention the credit drops you get from solo chests.

Anyways i think ive given out a fair few options for not wasting stims, and also farming credits and stims. (Side note- when farming stims in low lvls, choose a map that has a secret door for your class to open. Usually 3 chests behind them, and solo that can end up meaning around 30 extra credits.)
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    As an operative, some of these comments are whacking my nuts. Sure, I absolutely do not want to, and have not adapted PL/SL yet, and that is my problem number 1, but I'm slowly dying less and less. The problem is, as an operative, you have to guzzle health stims, because your armor is so low, and you sometimes draw a lot of aggro because of the damage. You ALSO need to guzzle energy because a couple unloads means you're out of mana. We are pot dealers dream customers. Sure, kiting may help, but most of these enemies are ranged.

Perhaps it's just me and my slow adaptation though. :/ Sorry.
    lvl 6 in that hp/mana regen skill will save you hundreds until you get to higher lvls/more money to spend.
    Then just respec the 6 points out into something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Yeah, a little tougher to tank as a commando in SL than as a bear in PL, but I always try to keep a good rhythm going. I hate it when people blindly rush into mobs too, so sometimes I might hesitate a little if I can't tell whether everyone's ready or not, but if all systems are go, I'll always jump into the action and try to knock mobs down (not scatter them!) and pull aggro as much as possible. Newer players I think are always worried about dying. It doesn't matter if you die a million times, although if you get yourself killed every 5 seconds it obviously doesn't do your party any good. I'm still relatively new to SL (though played PL a bunch), and I'm just level 15 at the moment, but I think I hold my own. Don't know what level you are, but if you or anyone else want a commando to run with, feel free to add me. My character name is the same as my forum name: McBain.

Regarding stim packs, I'm not in a guild, but from what I understand, you can get them at a discount from the guild hall if you join one.
    Last edited by McBain; 08-28-2011 at 08:49 PM.