Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: *sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I came over to SL from PL on the first day of android beta. I juust wanted to say that it take a bit of menuvering to keep potions and creds but last post was very good and true. Its similar to pl but you must understand that they are different games and have to adjust accordingly. it was hard at first but now I hardly die when doing runs because im so adept to this game! just LvL up and learn the game!!
    SPACE GHOST "Coast to Coast doing the most"
    SL "Space Ghost" lvl 26 Commando / PL "Thuggnifical" lvl 43 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The game is hard with less potions drop and expensive pots, less money earn.

The tanks cant tank long with engineer not healing. They must keep healing for tank to survive as they dont have enough pots.

Lets wait till the system change or longer playtime, it will be better. xD

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kateku View Post
    The game is hard with less potions drop and expensive pots, less money earn.

The tanks cant tank long with engineer not healing. They must keep healing for tank to survive as they dont have enough pots.

Lets wait till the system change or longer playtime, it will be better. xD
    That's what ENG's are suppose to do o.o

BUT i agree with SpaceGhost
    Im an ENG and my team hardly dies unless someone brings more mobs then we can handle
    but thats in every game not just SL -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'd like to play with you.......
    Most of my parties get wiped out also, I feel I'm the only one in party that understands how to play....
    I taught someone the basics before and it isn't that easy :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I've played with many good teams while farming Guardian where nobody drops below half health, and I've played with many terrible teams who all die immediately. In conclusion, it doesn't seem much different from PL.

My goal is to make the ultimate tanking Commando, as I love crowd-control and stopping people from dying.
    Joking right? U were holding back in uncharted while i was tanking those big green bugs with my op, and when i asked u to step it up cause u r a tank, u said 'tanks need good support and we don't have an engineer' and when i said that it's just an excuse, u bailed.

Seriously, i find it really funny how people act different on forums and in the game.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    Joking right? U were holding back in uncharted while i was tanking those big green bugs with my op, and when i asked u to step it up cause u r a tank, u said 'tanks need good support and we don't have an engineer' and when i said that it's just an excuse, u bailed.

Seriously, i find it really funny how people act different on forums and in the game.
    No offense, but I would do the same though.. No engineer would mean I'd spend a couple of tens of pots for one bug if I tank it directly. Too costly, IMO. Kiting it though, different story. Unfortunate truth

I try to taunt it away and kite it, especially that slow taunt skill, love it against roaches, unfortunately they don't always take aggro though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post

I don't know if you've played a Commando or not, but you have to realize it's not that easy to tank. They're not as tough as bears in PL (without increase mass in effect they essentially only have around 100 armor more than ops), but they are given range to kite with. If he chooses to take advantage of his range while you as an Op want to tank, believe it or not that's your problem. No reason to call him out for being strategic, I've seen much worse commandos. And yes I totally agree that an Engineer is needed for that map.
    Last edited by Formora; 08-30-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register:396002
    hehe I bet u hate me...Know my commando? yeah, I usually stay in the back if I am out of pots or taking MASSIVE ( I mean MASSIVE) damage. I do that to try to shake off any aggro that I pulled from a distance. But that usually only happens when the group is off standing 20 meters behind me....Its pretty hard tanking in SL...

P.S: Try fighting guardian with No potions AT ALL while having no engineers. xD.
    Lol. Try fighting the gaurdian as the only engineer with all ops x.x

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Jespo add my commando name is zero. I will show how a tank is supposed to be played.

Also if a commando has only a 100 more armor than a op something is wrong. I have 442 armor unbuffed. And most op and engineer deaths are because they run ahead or try to be tanks.
    Last edited by Acyer; 08-30-2011 at 06:17 AM.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    I don't know if you've played a Commando or not, but you have to realize it's not that easy to tank. They're not as tough as bears in PL (without increase mass in effect they essentially only have around 100 armor more than ops), but they are given range to kite with. If he chooses to take advantage of his range while you as an Op want to tank, believe it or not that's your problem. No reason to call him out for being strategic, I've seen much worse commandos. And yes I totally agree that an Engineer is needed for that map.
    ehh it's pretty easy to tank. The 'without increase mass' thing doesn't really matter, because the fact is you have the skill at your disposal. I get up to like 700+ armor with eng buff and increase mass. With multiple knock down skills, it's easy to keep mobs off of you. With multiple AOE skills, it's easy to dispatch a large group. I used to have a point in that health regen skill, and I'm like 90% sure the regen was like 13hp/second at just level 1. Commandos also have the most health, topping out over 400.

So yeah, it's easy to tank and survive. Why do you think the top 5 KDR commandos are all so high? My commando has 0 deaths and I don't play like a sissy. The problem is people are scared to use health pots if needed, and blame the engineers if they die. Sure the engineers should probably heal more. Hell I hardly have anyone die on me when I'm using my engineer because the second I can cast empathy, I cast it. I use transference whenever there's mobs around. This game isn't hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    ehh it's pretty easy to tank. The 'without increase mass' thing doesn't really matter, because the fact is you have the skill at your disposal. I get up to like 700+ armor with eng buff and increase mass. With multiple knock down skills, it's easy to keep mobs off of you. With multiple AOE skills, it's easy to dispatch a large group. I used to have a point in that health regen skill, and I'm like 90% sure the regen was like 13hp/second at just level 1. Commandos also have the most health, topping out over 400.

So yeah, it's easy to tank and survive. Why do you think the top 5 KDR commandos are all so high? My commando has 0 deaths and I don't play like a sissy. The problem is people are scared to use health pots if needed, and blame the engineers if they die. Sure the engineers should probably heal more. Hell I hardly have anyone die on me when I'm using my engineer because the second I can cast empathy, I cast it. I use transference whenever there's mobs around. This game isn't hard.
    I think you missed the point here. We are talking about the giant bug in uncharted ruins here, not just a group of soft mobs that any commando could kill. There is a big difference between tanking the two. I just tried the bug in uncharted with my commando, granted he has crap gear that gives him just over 300 armor, I couldn't take 4 hits from the bug without increase mass and protection. Can the bug even be knocked down? I don't think so. Vigor at level one gives 5 h/s btw. So why don't you do the same, and tell us how you tanked it so easily? Without increase mass of course since it doesn't matter according to you.

Honestly I don't know why you think I'm questioning your commando skills. All I'm saying is that someone shouldn't be called out for not tanking a pretty hard miniboss when no engineer was around.
    Last edited by Formora; 08-30-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think you missed the point here. We are talking about the giant bug in uncharted ruins here, not just a group of soft mobs that any commando could kill. There is a big difference between tanking the two. I just tried the bug in uncharted with my commando, granted he has crap gear that gives him just over 300 armor, I couldn't take 4 hits from the bug without increase mass and protection. Can the bug even be knocked down? I don't think so. Vigor at level one gives 5 h/s btw. So why don't you do the same, and tell us how you tanked it so easily? Without increase mass of course since it doesn't matter according to you.
    Don't think he missed the point. I don't use increase mass and still have no trouble tanking the vular bugs. the key is too make sure you have enough stims because thier first attack is the worst part after that its tank and spank.

Also heres a tip if you use singularity and knock him back he gets weaker or seems like it to me.
    Last edited by Acyer; 08-30-2011 at 06:56 AM.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Don't think he missed the point. I don't use increase mass and still have no trouble tanking the vular bugs. the key is too make sure you have enough stims because thier first attack is the worst part after that its tank and spank.
    Exactly, which is why someone who doesn't want to spend too many pots would stay back and kite. You did miss my entire point, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with kiting, and a commando shouldn't be blamed for it. Sure I could tank if I wanted to sacrifice some stims.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Exactly, which is why someone who doesn't want to spend too many pots would stay back and kite. You did miss my entire point, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with kiting, and a commando shouldn't be blamed for it. Sure I could tank if I wanted to sacrifice some stims.
    Ok if your kiting and you have aggro then cool. But if your running around and the engineer tanking then ya need to reroll classes. I know its hard to get stims but dont play ur class wrong it makes everyone else look bad.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Ok if your kiting and you have aggro then cool. But if your running around and the engineer tanking then ya need to reroll classes. I know its hard to get stims but dont play ur class wrong it makes everyone else look bad.
    Yes, and that is why commandoes have so many taunt skills.

Shall we leave it at that? I don't want to argue anymore, obviously some people have different opinions on what a commando should and should not do, so we can just agree to disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, and that is why commandoes have so many taunt skills.

Shall we leave it at that? I don't want to argue anymore, obviously some people have different opinions on what a commando should and should not do, so we can just agree to disagree.
    No worries bro.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jespo View Post
    It's just weird how I've only been in groups that just seem to fail miserably.
    LOL that was funny..

Well the game just released on iOS so i'm sure it will be a while before everyone grasps the concept and the correct ways to work as a team.. I say just have patience, work with ppl the best you can and just make sure you're doing your job the best that you can.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 10-12-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is this a joke, guys? I solo the lobsters in Uncharted Ruins with both commando and operative. Yes, it's hard—and it burns a few pots (though not nearly as many as you guys claim)—but it's totally doable. The problem people run into most often, IME, is that they wake up the other lobster next to it, or the moledogs on the other path, at the same time. This can usually be avoided with better fire control (in particular, more careful use of AOEs and careful aiming during push attacks).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    Is this a joke, guys? I solo the lobsters in Uncharted Ruins with both commando and operative. Yes, it's hard—and it burns a few pots (though not nearly as many as you guys claim)—but it's totally doable. The problem people run into most often, IME, is that they wake up the other lobster next to it, or the moledogs on the other path, at the same time. This can usually be avoided with better fire control (in particular, more careful use of AOEs and careful aiming during push attacks).
    Nobody said it wasn't doable, just not worth the pots. Please don't bring this up again.