Thread: Terms of Service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Default Terms of Service

I think this needs to be a popup when you start for the very first time and every time it is modified there after. Also make it with a mandatory scroll down before the accept button will work. I know the devs have a permalink on the login but there are way too many people who don't see it still. It has gotten a little ridiculous to see people daily offering to buy sell or trade accounts on a daily basis. When I tell 'em it is against TOS they say "Oh I didn't know that".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think it's a good idea. A definite emphasis on only the first time after download and updates.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

i think there was once every time i deleted it and reinstalled it.

btw how many of those kids do you actually think read the terms of service.

i didnt...

till i joined the forums

i just pressed accept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Players can't complain about not knowing the terms if they are forced to see them and accept them. As it is, we don't even have to look at it. If players see the TOS they then they technically "know" when/if they're doing something wrong.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I think this will at least put it in front of their faces with minimal effort. Tapping that TOS button seems hard for some reason lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this is a great idea, I 100% agree with it. You should be responsible to read the terms of conditions no matter what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddar View Post
    I think this is a great idea, I 100% agree with it. You should be responsible to read the terms of conditions no matter what.
    Exactly. At least people can't say "I didn't see any TOS" Make it in BIG BOLD LETTERS with arrows and blinking lights. hahahaha

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddar View Post
    We are all responsible for reading the TOS whether in its current location or if it is enlarged upon beginning a new account. Two populations you need to take into consideration: Children and scammers. Children are not going to read things like this and scammers don't care. I understand where you are coming from, but this has been going on since PL was released. Unfortunately, it will never go away no matter what the devs do.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    We are all responsible for reading the TOS whether in its current location or if it is enlarged upon beginning a new account. Two populations you need to take into consideration: Children and scammers. Children are not going to read things like this and scammers don't care. I understand where you are coming from, but this has been going on since PL was released. Unfortunately, it will never go away no matter what the devs do.
    Perhaps you are right but i'm thinking it may reduce the number of "Why was I banned? I didn't see any TOS" emails. Making a TOS pop-up like an EULA and a timestamp maybe would help them prove in fact the player accepted the terms. Just trying to be helpful anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

well, its stupid because if yoy want to buy other ppl's account their private information is in that acc
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Or people could just use some common sense (surprisingly rare to find people doing this these days.) Tbh I haven't read the ToS at all except for a few clarifications I needed, I just think "hmm, should I be doing this?" It's kept me out of trouble thus far, no sign of failing anytime soon.

EDIT: Gah curse the necro-ness, didn't occur to me to look at the date -_-

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider023 View Post
    well, its stupid because if yoy want to buy other ppl's account their private information is in that acc
    I sure hope you aren't implying you wanted to buy someone's account

(h) Account and Virtual Item Ownership
    You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Or people could just use some common sense (surprisingly rare to find people doing this these days.) Tbh I haven't read the ToS at all except for a few clarifications I needed, I just think "hmm, should I be doing this?" It's kept me out of trouble thus far, no sign of failing anytime soon.

Don't worry spy you just replied because it was necro'ed by someone else lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

[QUOTE=Siejo;639751]I sure hope you aren't implying you wanted to buy someone's account

Of course not lol, i'm happy w my character.

(h) Account and Virtual Item Ownership
    You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post

IKR, its sad