Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the 'good' greens map specific?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Are the 'good' greens map specific?

Currently there are 3 'sets' for all classes, I think. Green sets.

Desert Rat for Ops, Sunwalker for Eng, Sandstorm for Commandos. Same with weapons, there are green weapons that are class specific. Wastelander for commandos, strange pistols for ops, not sure in the name for eng.

Anyway, I've only seen these drop from the last map. I got a Wastelander from a chest, seen some of the armors drop from the Guardian.

Are these things only available from the last map? Or anywhere in numa? I've been wanting to do some farming, Outer Limits mostly, but these things are nice to farm as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I got a set of green Engineer level 25 Salvage Claws today. Dropped in the Guardian area from a chest.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Guardian seems to have a 100% drop rate of at least one green. I've seen some scavanger rifles drop in OL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Guardian does not have a 100% chance of green drop, but yes Uncharted has the highest green drop rate out of all maps on the Numa Prime campaign.
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I've gotten a Scavenger Rifle in OL as well, is this a sign that any green can drop in OL too?

Yeah Guardian doesn't have a 100%, it just requires a really good team to do the map quick though, which unfortunately is still quite rare. Best one I've had was just under 10 minutes.

Any experiences in good greens dropping elsewhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only greens I've seen drop in outer limits are the scavenger rifle (pretty common) and the scrapper. But yes I agree guardians/chests in uncharted ruins drop the sunwalker/sandstorm/desert rat pieces. Also, no vanities yet.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

All the 25 green set pieces and weapons drop anywhere in Unchartered Ruins and Guardian himself. You can also get vanities.
    Guardian doesn't have a 100% chance of dropping a green item.

The garbage green weapons(scrapper,scavenger, etc.)all drop anywhere in Outer Limits. You can also get vanities.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Cheap" green weapons drop from chests in all numa maps. "Good" greens only drop in ruins from Guardian or occasionally from a specific chest at the last intersection before Guardian (where you can turn left or right, not into the little alcove/semicircle area). It's hard to describe, but if the chest appears to have bracers or feet (two supports on the front of the chest), then it will drop just like the guardian himself - e.g. random but chance for good greens with others being all yellow with no whites. I've seen a dozen myths about how to make this special chest appear, but most likely explanation is random spawn.
    PL -- Azifaiarah - Lvl 66 Mage; Ilikealot - Lvl 70 Bird; Wachuneed - Lvl 61 Bear
    AL -- BrokenCry - Lvl 25 Warrior; Zeezom - Lvl 20 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I was on a run in Uncharted (about 90% certain I'm remembering that correctly) when a Squid Buddy dropped from a chest. Needless to say, everyone was pretty excited! I hope I haven't broken some sort of cardinal rule, or something, by mentioning where a vanity item dropped... That sort of info seems to have been missing from the game and forums, in general. Let me demonstrate via the following re-enactment:

Faebronia: where have vanities been dropping? : ) lol lol lol ??
    *crickets chirping*
    Faebronia: okays... umm... nevermind... *slowly backs out of zone*

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thanks for the confirmations guys, will definitely help

And, I don't think sharing of info on where stuff drop is anything to be ashamed about. Heck, look at Yanis' thread on pink pictures and locations

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol:397257
    And, I don't think sharing of info on where stuff drop is anything to be ashamed about.
    Happy to hear I'm not getting myself in trouble! I love sharing information.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Lol sorry for my dramtisation on the guardians drop rates, I was just trying to say that the Guardian is a great guy to farm .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Best place to farm for greens is Uncharted Ruins.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherAzi:397249
    "Cheap" green weapons drop from chests in all numa maps. "Good" greens only drop in ruins from Guardian or occasionally from a specific chest at the last intersection before Guardian (where you can turn left or right, not into the little alcove/semicircle area). It's hard to describe, but if the chest appears to have bracers or feet (two supports on the front of the chest), then it will drop just like the guardian himself - e.g. random but chance for good greens with others being all yellow with no whites. I've seen a dozen myths about how to make this special chest appear, but most likely explanation is random spawn.
    Yh sometimes there is another chest than the normal ones we call it a big box cause its a little bit bigger. In these chests there are also good greens. So if u see one open it!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themars View Post
    Yh sometimes there is another chest than the normal ones we call it a big box cause its a little bit bigger. In these chests there are also good greens. So if u see one open it!
    A good way of differentiating these chests would be, a one with rare greens has these "legs" attached to them. Those who haven't come across them will know when they see it, it's like the same chest with two little latches on it.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    A good way of differentiating these chests would be, a one with rare greens has these "legs" attached to them. Those who haven't come across them will know when they see it, it's like the same chest with two little latches on it.
    Are these chests always present in the level? Reminds me of the rushing days on PL. They should be like mobs, only appear when a certain number is cleared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol:397609
    Are these chests always present in the level? Reminds me of the rushing days on PL. They should be like mobs, only appear when a certain number is cleared.
    No they r random pop up.
    in ruins run always good to have good eyes before skipping some sides. I used to go by myself alone after killing guardian when team didnt want to because they do fast runs and leave, or check finishin ruins maps if they didnt leave 1 around lol. now everybody knows about it nearly.
    Those special chest gives at least 1 green, so get the full team near it before open it.
    In ruins sometimes they give better drops than guardian. Best run was 3 special chests and guardian.
    Last edited by Kakatoa91; 08-30-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Nope, they appear randomly and replace the common chests. I think for the ones in Uncharted Ruins, only the last 3 before Guardian have a chance of spawning. Cannot confirm though, so be on the lookout the whole way just in case. And remember to check the little room on the left when entering the last hallway to Guardian. Just pan your camera to take a peek inside, no need to clear the room unless of course it turns out to be the rare chest.

With my limited experience with other maps, I can't offer any advice though

Haha I remember those days. We would be like, GO! and the poor mobs would chase after us hopelessly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm pretty sure it was uncharted we were in, about three hours ago, when all five got a green drop from a chest! I got
    Sandstorm arms!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Nope, they appear randomly and replace the common chests. I think for the ones in Uncharted Ruins, only the last 3 before Guardian have a chance of spawning. Cannot confirm though, so be on the lookout the whole way just in case. And remember to check the little room on the left when entering the last hallway to Guardian. Just pan your camera to take a peek inside, no need to clear the room unless of course it turns out to be the rare chest.

With my limited experience with other maps, I can't offer any advice though

Haha I remember those days. We would be like, GO! and the poor mobs would chase after us hopelessly.
    I see. I have to keep my eyes out for these special chests. I always seem to see the same chests in the same spot, so maybe I'm missing these special chests or I've been extremely lucky to have them almost every time