Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Legends Weapon Ideas Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lightbulb Star Legends Weapon Ideas Thread

Do you have a great idea for a star legends Weapon? Well post it here! We can discuss each others ideas, build of them and show off concept art.

Heres my ideas:

Engineer 1h : Energy throwing globes. Have you seen Starwars phantom menace where Jar-Jar-Binks has those blue globes? It would be like this. You could run out of balls, and then you would be weaponless. Different color globes could mean different procs etc. The higher level globes could explode on contact make them Aoe. They can be equipped with shields. Medium damage, medium range, medium speed weapons that allow engineers to do Aoe damage while staying in the back of the team and healing/buff.

Operative 1h : Laser whip . This would be a glowing long blue/red/green/etc whip, that would have a 12 meter range or so. When we get shields, this could go with them for a more close range style of fighting. Very fast high dps weapon.

Commando 1h : Power fist. This would be a thick gauntlet type cover for the right hand. Think of it like Hellboy arm mixed with a medieval chain link glove. Except glowing/sparking and spiked. This would almost have no range, however could be held with a shield. These gloves would be Aoe becuase in one swipe you could hit many. Slow but huge damage

Just my ideas, ill add some concept art. We want your Ideas!! So comment, critique, and add to the ideas.

Disclaimer: No trolling allowed
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Love the commando idea. Fists are already in the game, so are 1Handers, put them together and melee range!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Like the talons for dex in PL, in SL there could be something similar like grenades, where the player is actually throwing something as opposed to shooting. Maybe a missile launcher weapon too, for good explosive fun

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Mmm... Sweet power fists!

And just because... Some lightning claws.

Last edited by Deathpunch; 08-29-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Mmm... Sweet power fists!

And just because... Some lightning claws.

sweet picks
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad I used the search function, I was on the verge if making a similar topic for such discussion.

This is less of a suggestion and more of a brainstorming session/wish-list.

More weapons with effects or different functions would be nice. Right now, the cannon has AOE and everything else just kind of does damage in various amounts and at different rates. A flamethrower would rock. It could have AOE capability at short range with a chance to set enemies on fire inflicting DOT. Base damage could be balanced with those abilities taken into consideration. Perhaps it could also take up the back slot in your inventory in addition to both hands, as in you've got fuel tanks on your back or something. Could help keep it from being overpowered.

How about a shotgun? Could inflict AOE damage in a cone similar to Graviton Slam. Would do a lot of damage to single targets at point blank range, but lose effectiveness at distances, spreading the damage thinly over multiple enemies.

I think a chance to stun on the Engineers' gloves would be a nice function and give people a reason to use them. And would be fitting seeing as how the already spout lightning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A great idea to make the game better is to fix the lag and put like this little. Creature that u have that helps u kill monsters. That would be a good idea. on star legend please think about doing that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And a nother idea is to make this weapon for enginner the weapon is a claw. With flame on it that would be awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And u can put like a hover skate board. Which makes u go faster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we upgrade a weapon or armors to a better one?? Upgrade the attack power, def, hit%, dodge or else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Do you have a great idea for a star legends Weapon? Well post it here! We can discuss each others ideas, build of them and show off concept art.

Heres my ideas:

Engineer 1h : Energy throwing globes. Have you seen Starwars phantom menace where Jar-Jar-Binks has those blue globes? It would be like this. You could run out of balls, and then you would be weaponless. Different color globes could mean different procs etc. The higher level globes could explode on contact make them Aoe. They can be equipped with shields. Medium damage, medium range, medium speed weapons that allow engineers to do Aoe damage while staying in the back of the team and healing/buff.

Operative 1h : Laser whip . This would be a glowing long blue/red/green/etc whip, that would have a 12 meter range or so. When we get shields, this could go with them for a more close range style of fighting. Very fast high dps weapon.

Commando 1h : Power fist. This would be a thick gauntlet type cover for the right hand. Think of it like Hellboy arm mixed with a medieval chain link glove. Except glowing/sparking and spiked. This would almost have no range, however could be held with a shield. These gloves would be Aoe becuase in one swipe you could hit many. Slow but huge damage

Just my ideas, ill add some concept art. We want your Ideas!! So comment, critique, and add to the ideas.

Disclaimer: No trolling allowed
    Awesome ideas Conrad! Missed this one.. like the Engi and Op but love the Com (wonder who my main is? )

Quote Originally Posted by keven View Post
    And u can put like a hover skate board. Which makes u go faster
    Edit is your friend please read here, nice suggestions though

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

A Laser Shotgun! That blows enemies back also give it aoe DMV too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I'm thinking a dig sight mission.

I think it would be nice to see some old school dug up items like a old fashioned 6 shooter and a shotgun for the commandos. Lol maybe like some boxing gloves for you healers out there =p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default automatic rifles...

How about automatic rifles, with less damage so they don't outclass existing weapons, but fire faster.
    Also, weapons shouldn't be usable by what you are (IE Eng, com, or op) what made PL so fun was that you could level appropriately to what weapons you wanted your avatar to use, and intertwine your specials with different weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What confuses me is that every character is Ranged, theres no Melee.. It will be interesting for PVP that Rangers and ranged, healers/mages are ranged AND TANKS ARE RANGED!!!
    Definitely need to make higher level tanks and mages into Melee characters so we can have a more even PVP later on.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiricqueen View Post
    I think it would be nice to see some old school dug up items like a old fashioned 6 shooter and a shotgun for the commandos. Lol maybe like some boxing gloves for you healers out there =p
    +1
    I like to relic idea!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keven View Post
    A great idea to make the game better is to fix the lag and put like this little. Creature that u have that helps u kill monsters. That would be a good idea. on star legend please think about doing that
    You mean like a familiar/pet that you have to feed/train/gain exp on so it becomes stronger and helps you kill/kite etc?
    +1
    This would be AWESOME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to see "the ripley" a flame thrower and pulse rifle duct taped together,
    You could use op's flame attack for animation
    A predator combo of shoulder mounted plasma cannon (high damage slow speed) and claws (high dps ) would be cool
    Also what about some negatives for weapons eg. High dps but -10 to hit ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I love the idea of Commandos having a slow, yet hard hitting power fists. Class exclusive of course.

Though I can't imagine Operatives using their skills with a whip. I was thinking more of an automatic laser rifle exclusively for their class. Of course it would be the fastest weapon in game like dual pistols are right now.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

For a commando, I want to see:

2h: An extremely slow (think 1.5 speed) AOE rocket launcher which hits extremely hard. There's a reason they're called Heavy Weapons!

1h: Picture an electro-shock spear, similar to the Shock Lance in Pocket Legends. It would be melee, but still have a medium range. This too would be pretty slow, maybe 1.0-1.3 speed, with sizable damage and an armor-reduction proc.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]