Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Housing 2.0 Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Since Housing Deeds are available as kits, this is not totally a platinum exclusive system, although Plat players do have an edge in this system. Non-plat players have a big goal to achieve then - by farming and collecting funds to buy the Deed. Buffs related to housing - my feelings are mixed about this.

While introducing new goals are fine, the feeling of compulsion or heavy pressure that comes with this system is not fine. Players who want to maximize stats and only want combat are being forced to indulge in housing and that too housing of the Tavern type.

Ideally, in my opinion extra buffs could have been introduced in the form of Food instead of housing. Weekly food. And these buffs could have been kept for PVE only and not PVP. *[ Right now at most active PVP brackets ( idk about endgame) pvp is very balanced. This balance should have been left untouched. No buffs are needed to topple this equilibrium and create the need for future nerfs. As better gear is released these housing-buffs might just topple the balance. ]

What if players are completely happy with their Cottage and Lodge and have decorated it perfectly and do not really like the aesthetics of the Tavern? In order to maximize their stats they will have to buy the Tavern whether they like it or not. That feels uncomfortable.

Anyway now that it is here, and incase sts is flexible enough to tweak this system, I support the idea of -

1. Lowering the amount of all housing-buffs. Perhaps they could scale according to level?
    2. Reducing the gaps between the sections.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-14-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcael View Post
    We free players farm our butts off to get good stats and why would the paid users getting these advantages? PAID ADVANTAGE is another thing completely, they let the users having ease levelling up, getting gears, but buying I think Stats for plats is going too far, sorry.
    Housing was meant to be a social aspect in this game, much appreciated the mailbox and decors. But A social thing just should keep itself to social, not to be affected in gameplays.
    Actually I agree, housing should just stay a social thing!!

Thanks,
    Msleo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Justg said on another thread, and I paraphrase, that every introduction of power into the game will cause controversy. The housing system was introduced as perks, cosmetics, gimmick, and this update makes into power. It's not enough that we farm for vanities in events and on maps, and the true source of power--the best pets, gear and weapons, are locked-bound--now you put power into cosmetic items, making the showiest most extravagant peacocks strongest. This isn't what drew me into AL, not the thing that made me stay. The adventure element has dwindled into the background and player cooperation neglected. As Avikk said, this buff could've been incorporated into guild hall or guild mechanics. Others in the housing threads of long ago had mentioned pots fountain or some pet feed perk as house ownership bonus. Instead, this buff. On the one hand I understand the cunning decision is made because this is the kind of buff that people who are willing and able would fork money over for. That doesn't make it right to make vanity item into item of power.
    Last edited by Justg; 07-14-2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: less drama

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #164
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

EDIT: We've been discussing these values and have decided to bump up the power gained from the free options as well as making the curve a bit more linear. New values:

Location Buff Starter Cottage Lodge Tavern
    Forest Health +50 +100 +150 +200
    Mountains Mana +50 +100 +150 +200
    Volcano Damage +0.5 +1.0 +1.5 +2.0
    City Loot Re-roll - - - +2%
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Default Going Postal, About Housing Buffs

Note: Cross posting from closed thread so it gets included... no rule-breaking intended!

I think devs have made great progress and I think it would be smart to continue to remind players that housing is a work in progress, as are many of the newer elements of the game.

It feels as though everything related to housing is heavily taxed.

Mail is the most exciting development, but there the way it is being implemented puts a heavy damper on the joy. It is very disappointing that having access to mail requires 1) a house in good standing (aka upkeep has been paid) and 2) a "stamp." Devs, why on earth would you want to severely limit access to in-game communication? Would the strain on server resources really be that severe? Forgive my incredulity, but I'm compelled to express it.

Every MMO with PM capability since the dawn of MMOs has allowed players to freely access PMs without costs. This system discourages new players from forming vital relationships which will keep them playing the game. If a player who owns a home is absent from the game and fails to pay upkeep, is there a way to message them? Can we message non-homeowners? This is quite frustrating from a social relationship standpoint, but I realize you are trying to strike a balance with your system needs.

Recommendation: Make mail freely available to all, regardless of home ownership. I'd prefer "stamps" to be discontinued as well, but I think we'd be at least content with a freely available mailbox.

I have previously argued for housing buffs, but I had envisioned that buffs obtained from housing would be temporary (like an elixir) and players would have to take some in-game action to receive them. For example, player takes a nap and receives a health boost for 60 minutes or a player takes a shower and receives a mana boost for 60 minutes. Attaching permanent buffs to housing with the most expensive homes receiving the greatest benefit puts too much pressure on players to purchase the most expensive home. That pressure translates to resentment and anger, even among those who can afford it. The Housing 2.0 guide thread has many examples of that resentment and anger. As implemented, these housing buffs have, unfortunately, reinforced the perception that STS is "greedy" (I vehemently disagree with that perception!).

Recommendation: Remove the permanent buffs attached to the housing type and replace them with temporary buffs attached to obtainable items which require activation.

About whether buffs should apply to PvP... I think the permanent buffs should not apply to PvP. That environment is already emotional and tumultuous, and allowing a progressive buff which heavily favors the already-resented "rich" players is seriously problematic. In many players minds' owning a tavern will now be a prerequisite for being in the exclusive PvP guilds or even playing PvP. Those buffs are also inappropriate for twinks because the lower the level, the greater the disparity between the haves and have-nots. Obviously, this will enflame class resentment.

Recommendation: Disable buffs for PvP. In light of the unnecessary turmoil it will cause, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Last edited by Niixed; 07-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    EDIT: We've been discussing these values and have decided to bump up the power gained from the free options as well as making the curve a bit more linear. New values:

Make 100 and everyone happy

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    Make 100 and everyone happy
    How about no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Love it. Keep it exactly like that. Well done.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to <KingPete> For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Maybe us who play maps and countless of hours in pvp need to take a T.O. to be louder in the forums in order to be heard. I also said NO to special perks for those who have establishments. This is another para gem division between players. Plat paid establishments should have 0 up-keep.

(I hope you made these buffs ultra rare loots only dropped in the elite cryostar map.)
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

เเม่งสมองคิดได้ไงสัส
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=107505&dateline=14000  78776
    T H A I L A N D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nuwar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Maybe us who play maps and countless of hours in pvp need to take a T.O. to be louder in the forums in order to be heard. I also said NO to special perks for those who have establishments. This is another para gem division between players. Plat paid establishments should have 0 up-keep.

(I hope you made these buffs ultra rare loots only dropped in the elite cryostar map.)
    seeing the recent direction this game is taking. . most probably the environment buffs are plat purchases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ;2532693
    Love it. Keep it exactly like that. Well done.
    U pvp or pve usually? O.o maybe mb but never seen u in a map..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Those look great, Gary!

It's much better having to deal with a small difference in stats rather than the whopping gain it was before. The only thing that I ask is to be more kind to the damage curve as well, as that will make a big difference in places like thinking. Perhaps, it could start off as 1 to 1.25 and go up from there?
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-14-2016 at 12:18 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

One recommendation tho.... that 2% luck is just kinda pointless. Couldn't it be more like at LEAST 10%?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This housing system is turning into something that disinterested players are no longer able to ignore.
    Last edited by Justg; 07-14-2016 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Much less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thank you for the decision to review the numbers.

Just one more suggestion..

Maybe a buff of 50 - 75 - 100 -125 would be great for a start.

Damage buff could be: 1 / 1.25/ 1.50 /2.00

Luck reroll is fine.

The numbers could maybe gradually progress and become bigger as more variety in environments are released in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Why do we have to pay plat to send emails? You think plat buyers will ever sell them to f2p players? That's what you thought about deeds, and you will never be able to count on finding one in the auction. And I'll go ahead and bet all the locations cost plat, except maybe forest.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elshaddoll View Post
    Why do we have to pay plat to send emails? You think plat buyers will ever sell them to f2p players? That's what you thought about deeds, and you will never be able to count on finding one in the auction. And I'll go ahead and bet all the locations cost plat, except maybe forest.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk
    You don't have to pay plat. All you need to do is buy a tradable (10 plat, so it will be around 30k,) kit of 100 stamps and you are good to go for like over a month. + That is stupid reasoning about the plat buyers not selling to f2p players, they totally will. The deeds aren't common because they cost so much plat, so not a lot of people are interested in buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Thank you for the decision to review the numbers.

Just one more suggestion..

Maybe a buff of 50 - 75 - 100 -125 would be great for a start.

Damage buff could be: 1 / 1.25/ 1.50 /2.00

Luck reroll is fine.

The numbers could maybe gradually progress and become bigger as more variety in environments are released in the future.
    wait, so people pay an increase of like 300 platinum, then 500, for .25 then .5 damage???? Now thats pretty crazy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by <KingPete> View Post
    One recommendation tho.... that 2% luck is just kinda pointless. Couldn't it be more like at LEAST 10%?
    And this is very sane to ask for when we already have luck elixirs, hisha, mishi and leprechaun around and they all stack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thats true, but say the environment costs 500 plat. Is it REALLY worth 2% luck to pay that much?