Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think it would be cool if u can buy pets and with the pets they give u extra attributes like just for an example an owl can give u extra dec so you can hit better? that would be cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishibashi View Post
    EWW EWWW EWWW pet classes in games are usually over op, ....for the reasons that for they will need to heal their pet - there goes the mage healers usefullness, their pet can be a tank usually,- there goes warriors and pallies, - and they have ranged attack moves- oh golly there go the archers, and do you know how long itd be before another class comes out? it takes a great amount of time and work before you can hope to really have a new class, i think the thouht of pets is heart warming- it adds a bit of endgame for the lvl 45s, because atm all the lvl 45s i know are usually farming pyramid plasm thign or whatever, and how about that we stop focusing on the needs of an auction house and etc and think about the lvl 45s we have for a second we need to at least keep em there, give em free dungeons that they can do with a group of only lvl 45s for amazing drops and ridicolous bosses and etc, also leveling a pet and even possibly "gearing" it up would be a fun thing to do at any level
    I completely disagree, how do you know a pet class would be overpowered? Just because some pet classes can heal their pets, why does that make healers useless? Pet heals don't heal other characters, and potions already render healers pointless.

Some pets in games can tank yes, but they never replace player tanks because they don't taunt, work with the group and use tactics.

Ranged pets? Not seen them in many games, but why does that make archers useless, pets never come close to matching the damage of a DPS class in any good game.

Pet classes are usually great at solo PvE, but not that valued in group PvE because other classes play the key roles better. Tanks tank better and play better than a pet, DPS classes do more DPS, pet classes can't heal and they aren't buff machines.

You're just assuming a pet class would be made ridiculously strong in every area. Pets for everyone = worst idea ever, if it happens we might as well just rename this Pokemon Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pets would be great

If pl did create pets they should be able to level up slowly and attack with u and does 20-40 damage 1.0 speed for the lowest level and get faster and stronger. And have customize options. And for the actual pets there should be stuff like wolf's and mable eagles and as the highest pet mabye a dragon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I want a rhino!!!!!! Or an ORCA!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are there going to be mounts to?
    IGN:
    DIABLOBLACK lvl 45, ANGELOLIGHT lvl 45, DIOSWHITE and DEMONIODARK
    Proud member of: CFF (creative funny fellowship)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishibashi View Post
    EWW EWWW EWWW pet classes in games are usually over op, ....for the reasons that for they will need to heal their pet - there goes the mage healers usefullness, their pet can be a tank usually,- there goes warriors and pallies, - and they have ranged attack moves- oh golly there go the archers, and do you know how long itd be before another class comes out? it takes a great amount of time and work before you can hope to really have a new class, i think the thouht of pets is heart warming- it adds a bit of endgame for the lvl 45s, because atm all the lvl 45s i know are usually farming pyramid plasm thign or whatever, and how about that we stop focusing on the needs of an auction house and etc and think about the lvl 45s we have for a second we need to at least keep em there, give em free dungeons that they can do with a group of only lvl 45s for amazing drops and ridicolous bosses and etc, also leveling a pet and even possibly "gearing" it up would be a fun thing to do at any level
    heve you al peeps talked to Ethan next to Ellie the enchantress?
    he is talking about humans and that he is going to bring them to the animal realm.
    And that they can combine all three classes, INT,STRand DEX.
    Well maby an Hunter class would be a good ide then sens they have al of that.
    IGN:
    DIABLOBLACK lvl 45, ANGELOLIGHT lvl 45, DIOSWHITE and DEMONIODARK
    Proud member of: CFF (creative funny fellowship)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fox? make it more advanced...
    like... a boss.
    If u killed a boss, u hav a 10% chance blabla i dun care, to get the boss to make it a pet or whatever.
    ....Its still kiddish..

Lol imagine a store with fox, dear, bears and u buy it with PLAT? bahhaahha
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there's going to be pets they can't really be ordinary animals. Like seriously an eagle having a pet eagle or a bear with pet bear. The idea of dragon and other mythical animals would fit better in the game. Like minataurs or maybe even a made up creature that looks extremely cool. Being able to mount your pet would be a sweet Idea although some pets may not be realisticly mountable like mounting a minataur? Lol nope. And I think it would be a lot of work to make it possible to mount pets... Just realized, the pets are gunna have to be quite small to fit in the dungeon with the rest of the players... It would be quite chaotic if everyone had a pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was each class to get a one pet, a golem for warriors, an owl for archers and a sprite/fairy thing for enchantresses. The pets would come up to the characters waist. each pet would gain the same amount of xp as you do and be able to reach the current lvl cap. Each lvl they would gain 5 mana, every 15 lvls they would gain 1ms, every 10 lvls they learn a new spell, every two lvls their most recent spell gets upgraded slightly. this means each time they learn a new spell their last one has been upgraded 5 times. since there is just not enough room to have their abilities on the hud I suggest they have set times to use a spell. like once your under 1/2 hp your pet healz. these would be passive pets. I know STS wil have their own ideas but these are some examples of the spells i would like to see.

Heal, Magic Sheild, Armour Buff, Damadge Buff, Speed Buff, Speed Shoot buff, Heal over time, Restore mana over time.

What do you guys think? Any other Ideas for spells they could have? I just didn't think They'd work as combat pets. Maby the owl and golem could be combat pets.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Second Idea is to have them as super rare boss drops. they would be reusable from your inventory. I spose they would just be a miniture version of the boss. Devs can you please tell us what kinda ideas you are likeing?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think that if they do add pets they should be pets that give owner or/& grp a buff/buffs or/& they do a small amount of dmg to your enemy. Plz dont over power any of them. Now as how we get them thats up to spacetime all i ask is that u guys try to keep it fair and balanced. Btw i think auction system way more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I want Seth for my pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be cool and meby even a dragon pet.
    Dran: Level 30 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

nice for digging up an ancient thread ill give you that =)
    Though if anyone really still looks at this, i thinki we should have pet gear that we farm, that would be interesting
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pets should be small expensive don't do nothing all look the same and cost 500 platnium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HelpBot View Post
    The pets should be small expensive don't do nothing all look the same and cost 500 platnium.
    500 platinum?!?!! No, I think they should be gold purchasable, then the rich kids aren't the only ones getting pets. I think there should be some via platinum for 20 plat or so, but the best ones should be loot or gold, or take a lot to get (IE a very hard quest)

500 Plat is about 30 bucks? Just a guess, I am sorry but that suggestion is horrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HelpBot View Post
    You should go play pokemon.. Lots of pokemon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    You should go play pokemon.. Lots of pokemon.
    I am trying not to mention Chelsea Handlers Pikachu joke....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

lmao animals owning pets? Sounds like Alice in Wonderland.

I like the idea PvP suggested with making it hard to level up your pets. It really does give end gamers much much more to do (maybe even owning more than one pet for other builds to level?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want an owl.. A purple one would be nice... Match my void

I think it's a awesome idea!!
    Bluestarburst~ Level 50 Void Elf Bluey~ Level 50 Rift Bear Blueblue ~ Level 50 Cyber Void Birdie