Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW Really???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Don't run PUGS. Add me in-game! Physiologic / Leet

I will! I would love to run with a Pro like yourself.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

another griefer .... more n more they r so common as the game progresses. i hope as things expand they r easier to avoid. n responding like that wth i mean come on so childish. dont ruin people hard work n fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

also i am GM of League Of Assassins . if any of mymembers do this plz notify Cagedkiller. we r new but a friendly game play is my policy. N on my forum n my guildies no better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Wow... Still a bit at a loss of what to think. Sorry that happened to you and your group!

If there was any chance this individual had made a mistake and done this by accident, I would say forget about it. Everyone makes mistakes... Yes, even me (was only Eng at Guardian, died and recovered at start by accident then ran back to fight ASAP)! However, it seems obvious that this individual did this on purpose, and apparently thought their action was "lol" funny! My vote is for ignore and boot from future runs.

Sorry, I don't think this is reportable. I don't really see a clear TOS violation, just another player being an idiot!

...and what in the world are PUGS?!
    Last edited by thequickone; 09-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    ...and what in the world are PUGS?!
    Pick up games, public games. So many other games just call them pubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PUGS can go just fine depending on the time of the day. I play late night US time when I do play, and other than a few accidents I haven't had many problems. There's usually so few ppl on at this time, you usually just have to roll with what you get anyway.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Call me weird, but I'd say if a Engineer who does NOT want to heal tank, does not know how to do it, or has occasional lag that they can't properly run around without taking too much damage gains agro, I would say reseting the boss is perfectly fine.

I know it wastes people's pots and wastes time, but for me this would be the worst thing that can happen to me. Do note, I wouldn't necessarily immediately run to reset the boss (Doing that is poor playstyle), but I would seriously consider it if our Com didn't start scrambling to regain agro off me while I'm running around scared to death.

I've had our Com die on us once and it went perfectly fine. One of the Ops got agro and just kited while everybody attacked and resed the Com to regain agro.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm new to the game and i'm learning the basics, although my char (engi) is now at lvl 17. But as many guys i started just playing without regarding the char, the skills and so on. I just played... and i guess i did a lot of mistakes. That a guy ran out of a map while fighting a boss mighy be a (stupid) mistake. I wouldn't think about that too much. I assume i did anything like this too, because i didn't know the consequences.

So a (stupid ?!) question to the experienced players: when i'm in a bossfight and i die, will the boss be resetted when i choose to be taken to the starting point ? Should i always wait until i'm revived ?
    And what happens if i'll be thrown out the game because the connection to the server breaks (i often have problems to stay connected after having played a while). If the boss will be resetted after that i guess i'm on a lot of ignore lists... :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register:397785
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of younger people seem to use “lol” as a general filler word. Don't assume any intent from it.

That said, I've found that a lot of PUGS are just not competent enough to do Guardian, and it would be a total waste of time, pots and deaths. If I'm in that situation, I will sometimes do the rest of the map and then leave (by exiting the map). *shrug*
    Bolded....Dont ever say that again >.< Ive killed Guardian only 3 times and all of them were in pugs...the first time, the group had no engineer. Pugs just cant be so reliable. I dont like elimnating them completly....its a good way to make new friends!
    Sadly it is true. Pugs are by nature, unreliable. Some turn out to be a collection of capable players.

But a significant proportion are not. I can only imagine that guilds will worsen this significantly. Good players will run with their friends and fellow guild members, while pug players who may not have had the experience of working in an effective team don't understand team dynamics and are not as capable in their own right.

I recall in beta, I met someone who was afraid to hold aggro and reset miner 3 times (once frustratingly enough when he was nar death). We did manage to kill him, but it was thanks in no part to said player.

It is good advice you've suggested to me mycroftxxx ... perhaps when guildies and friends are not on, I will halt attempts to do Guardian runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its the only time I boot. I was teaching some guys how to beat miner and this lvl 15 Guy kept resetting him I warned him three times then booted. He said he was report me but nothing came of it. Don't reset a boss if he's nearly dead just because you are afraid to die. It's just a game. That being said - I don't care about getting on leaderboard, but I wouldn't have to worry about that when I run with the ppl on the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's the point, arischal: it's just a game. Dieing has no further consequences. So why not risking something and killing the boss while having only 1 more healthpoint ?!

I was playing world of warcraft for 2 years, and the problems i found there are here too. In random groups there is a chance to get a bad group or at least some bad members. But - to find a good point: yesterday i had a group with 5 individuals at the start. Evereyone fought its own fight. But as time went on the group grew together and the fights became easier (it was a map anywhere in Delta-7). We didn't manage to get the boss down, but the way to the boss was a great experience to me.... to see a group growing togther, although none of us knew the other. Thats what the game makes it playable to me (despite of the kind graphics and the fact to discover unknown maps).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I don't fear death when I do some runs with my guild members and friends. I just try my best and have fun doing so. If I can run a gaurdian run with my engineer and 4 other ops and beat the gaurdian, then I see no reason to run. ( My golden achievement )
    (p.s. What is a pug?)
    (p.s.s. Abekrie is my engie and if you need help and if I am on just friend me

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!