Thread: Scaling of Power: how strong should end-game be?

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default Scaling of Power: how strong should end-game be?

Now before i jump into this, I wanna note that this is mostly pvp-centered.

I've noticed that with higher level caps, character's get stronger in general. Pvp gets extremely fast and at this rate, we'll be all fighting for the first auto-attack hit that kills.... I really don't wanna be one-shotted by auto attacks... Maybe the devs could rework some mechanics and nerf the scale? That way, end-game stays end-game, but lower levels will be closer together in strength/potential. maybe I'm wrong and it's too soon for this kind of change, but I think it would keep the game interesting. Plus it will kind of even out the "high level kill farmers" thing where a level 30 joins a 25 game or a 40 joins a 35, etc etc.

what do you guys think?
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post

I've noticed that with higher level caps, character's get stronger in general. Pvp gets extremely fast and at this rate, we'll be all fighting for the first auto-attack hit that kills.... I really don't wanna be one-shotted by auto attacks... Maybe the devs could rework some mechanics and nerf the scale? That way, end-game stays end-game, but lower levels will be closer together in strength/potential. maybe I'm wrong and it's too soon for this kind of change, but I think it would keep the game interesting. Plus it will kind of even out the "high level kill farmers" thing where a level 30 joins a 25 game or a 40 joins a 35, etc etc.

what do you guys think?
    i like it.

i think the scaling problem lies in the ratio of dmg inc/hp inc on the characters
    i could be wrong but it doesnt seem like endgame characters have all that much more HP than low lvl twinks, while the amount of dmg you are able to deal increases dramatically

i think it would be interesting too, and if you just change the HP increases, it wouldnt be affecting the lower lvls as much while it should extrapolate better as you lvl up so you dont die as quick

I really think STS has a lot of growth potential in the pvp side of the game not just with these suggested changes, but also with pvp rewards and such and I think there are a lot of good ideas out there
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post

what do you guys think?
    just increase the amount of armor we have and maybe change the way buffs work

also the devs could add to endgae sets alot of health that way we stay alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

As it stands, I'm not sure this is a problem. Just like in PvE, as you move up in levels, getting killed should become easier. In this sense, level cap pvp is the "hardest" pvp, although your opponents all suffer from the same disadvantages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ive said this in a previous post but........

Whenever you level up, you should add some more base hp to your hp pool, and mana to your mana pool. Maybe +5hp, +3mp per level, as it really stacks up so no one shot auto attack kill
    (level 55 would have around 775 for warrior with no str, 575 for mage with no str, 675 for archer with no str, mana etc.)
    rhinomagic[/B]