Thread: Pink, purple, green, yellow and white items

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Pink, purple, green, yellow and white items

Hello folks,

I have been playing SL (Star Legends) lately and have been entangled by it so far. Seeing how the items are handled and dropped I think that is the way to go.
    Pink items are too many in the PL ecosystem (think of AO2 worthless pinks), this have been said serveral times, and I have my personal recipe to solve this issue in PL.
    White and yellow Items should drop in all campaign and be the most dropped ones (here I am referring to AO3 where the minimum color dropped is green apart from Victory Lap).
    Green and Purple items should be the top-end gear for Pve dropped in every campaign (If they should get a set upgrade - e.g. they sparkle- I'm not sure of) and be good for PvP. They should drop more rarely than white, grey and yellow items, but still drop enough to not make them unreachable, with little farming sessions.
    Pinks, in my vision, shoul be a unique set (cape, armour and weapon), with a distinguidhed look from the purple, green items; should be a set for each class and mainly PvP oriented (but still good in PvE).
    In short each campaign should have a set for each class (one only, not tons like in the sewers) formed of pink; some unique items should be elected to Legendary (Vyxnar's helms, green ice items, rylox blaster...) that drop particularly low and, in my mind, should be able to equip at any higher levels (They should add crits, mana, health, dex, str, int, not armour for example) and still be go to go. The only parameter of choice would be that each singular pink should add a particular set of attribute (making it more defensive or attack oriented), so equipping one, or the other, should be a matter of personal preference and should have only a level requirement, nothing else (this could lead to class and level specific pinks).

This is my view of thinks, what do you think?

Suggestio & Feedback delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 08-30-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I agree somewhat, except for the part about pinks and PvP. Overall, though, it's true that there are probably too many pink items in the game at the moment. Once you get to a certain level, everything except purples and pinks are practically useless. They're basically standard equipment rather than the special bonuses I think they were intended to be. Maybe there shouldn't be any pinks at all below a certain level, like say level 45.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think pinks should exist for every level, but yeah, should be extremely rare, and only drop on defeating end-bosses (and even then, only rarely).
    Also agree that the rarity of the other items should be 'reshuffled' such that everything yellow and 'higher' in rarity should drop more rarely: think of a ratio of T:60%/C:36%/UC:3,6%/R0,36%/VR0,036%/E0,004%
    Also agree that there should be a greater difference in power. I.e. pinks should be much more superior etc. A pink lvl 20 item could be more powerful then a rare lvl 50 item f.ex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I think sts is goin to keep low.
    But I hope there will be enuf diversity, I just dont like the clone effects of same gear atm.
    why low, im feelin they are goin to try also to make a better plat shop. In PL, so much useless plat stuffs that noone buys.
    Here in SL a lot of players have already bought pricey plat stuffs eventough its only green and with spec bit better than ig drop gear.
    It will b interesting to c what they will propose in the shop later.

Theyll probably do also a main spine free in SL maps like in PL with plat maps where u can drop special gear like sand/shad atm.

I think theyll should do more sets with bonus when full in PL or SL.
    Not only pink but purple and green too. Giving chance to any type of players to have a taste of a full set joy.
    So pink sets should be ultimately really hard to get.
    Last edited by Kakatoa91; 09-06-2011 at 05:42 AM.