Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Wildfire proc is broken in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    I have seen players often mention one game mode ruining another. An important thing to know is that when needed we make specific alterations to weapons for PvE vs PvP. For example, the length of time that weapons may freeze/stun enemies, or the chance for something to stun. When these alterations are not put in place, it's because the weapons are intended to function the same way in both PvP and PvE.

This is not a case of the Wildfire proc being too strong in PvP so it's being nerfed in PvE. This is a case of the Wildfire proc not working as intended, causing it to deal more damage than anticipated. The Wildfire proc was not meant to ignore the armor of the enemy in any game mode.
    Notice it isn't pve players that complain about every pet/ weapon introduced until it's crap it's only the pvp side of the game that ruins it for everyone

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melthyz View Post
    Seriously, as a mage I feel like a second class citizen in this game. We finally get a weapon that make us viable for PVE and they have to take it away from us. Back to warriors with lvl 46 arcane sword out dpsing a mage. It seems like an endless death spiral for us mages...
    This that proc was the only thing getting us mages pts in elites and other harder maps back to being left out because we're too squishy and don't deal enough dmg great job space-time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    First of all, ty for the nerf or adjusment months after the release. Than the lb issue, i remember imbued gear for rogue being bugged, many records set with that no wipe of lb either so why now? This is just making the way to my timed lb way longer than expected, i guess it was made for rogues mainly anyway.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk
    There was no wipe for imbued because it was fixed after the season ended. I'm trying to avoid the same issue here and truthfully, it should be taken care of.

That proc wiped mobs like no other - expecting others to beat it without the same proc is not fully fixing the damage of the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    This that proc was the only thing getting us mages pts in elites and other harder maps back to being left out because we're too squishy and don't deal enough dmg great job space-time
    A glitch is a glitch, one shouldn't think of it as a way to balance. I didn't see sorcerers complaining when lava sword glitch was fixed.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-13-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There was no wipe for imbued because it was fixed after the season ended. I'm trying to avoid the same issue here and truthfully, it should be taken care of.

That proc wiped mobs like no other - expecting others to beat it without the same proc is not fully fixing the damage of the bug.

A glitch is a glitch, one shouldn't think of it as a way to balance. I didn't see sorcerers complaining when lava sword glitch was fixed.
    That "glitch" was the only thing making is mages usable in elites and to point out US not crying about a different classes nerfed weapon is stupid because we don't use that...so how would we know ... it's like saying oh I took your money but I didn't see you crying about Tommy taking mitches money last time . A redundant point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That "glitch" was the only thing making is mages usable in elites and to point out US not crying about a different classes nerfed weapon is stupid because we don't use that...so how would we know ... it's like saying oh I took your money but I didn't see you crying about Tommy taking mitches money last time . A redundant point
    It's not a redundant point, when the lava sword glitch existed, no class could even have a chance against warrior. Now, this is not the case. When that glitch was being fixed, sorcerers were not complaining because it helped them fight against warrior.

I also have reported bugs where my own class gets nerfed. My point is people need to look at bugs as bugs and not confuse balance with bugs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

It's not a redundant point, when the lava sword glitch existed, no class could even have a chance against warrior. Now, this is not the case. When that glitch was being fixed, sorcerers were not complaining because it helped them fight against warrior.

I also have reported bugs where my own class gets nerfed. My point is people need to look at bugs as bugs and not confuse balance with bugs.
    So how do you expect us mages to be usable in elites now? We have nothing going for our class now, rogues will always be needed but now makes are going to be left out....what do you propose because I guarantee you mages are about to become what tanks were during the past few years up until last season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So how do you expect us mages to be usable in elites now? We have nothing going for our class now, rogues will always be needed but now makes are going to be left out....what do you propose because I guarantee you mages are about to become what tanks were during the past few years up until last season
    Take a look at papa's suggestion for PvE sorcerers. It's an effective solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Take a look at papa's suggestion for PvE sorcerers. It's an effective solution.
    Where's this at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Where is papas post? I don't see it anywhere

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where is papas post? I don't see it anywhere
    It's irrelevant. Before wildfire a tank with a 46 aegis was able to smoke a mage in clearing pve mobs. We'll just have to wait and see how good wildfire is after the bug fix. My guess is that the aegis Will be about equal, which means tanks hold the advantage since they're more durable

Sent from my Mercedes Benz WiFi using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

If they nerf wildfire they need to add some kind of buff which make it usable for mage i.e add stun or explode when clearing mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seus View Post
    It's irrelevant. Before wildfire a tank with a 46 aegis was able to smoke a mage in clearing pve mobs. We'll just have to wait and see how good wildfire is after the bug fix. My guess is that the aegis Will be about equal, which means tanks hold the advantage since they're more durable

Sent from my Mercedes Benz WiFi using Tapatalk
    Hopefully it's still useable man that proc was the best part about being a mage this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

How is it that Wildfire is getting nerfed for us mages but tanks lvl 46 arc weapon fire proc does the same thing? tanks can proc lava pools all over pvp map then drag us into them why is that OK and our so called op wildfire is any differnt? it's not differnt it's just another way we become food to big ugly tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I love the wildfire proc and I'm not a mage. NO to unnecessary buffs and nerfs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Because that sword was bugged, in this situation we probably talking about some 'rich' guys that complained about it now it gets 'fixed' because it was a 'bugged' and blabla. I mean c'mon this was the only thing we mages actually had in PVE, now you are better of with 3 rogues and a warrior i guess.

P.S. don't take anything of this personal tho

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I remember warriors making threads to report how broken the lava proc on the arcane sword originally was and asking for it to be 'fixed'; in which it was.

It seems all the mages complaining here knew such a proc seemed broken and refused to report it. All the more reason to 'fix' it.

It has been said the weapon will be fixed, which is all I asked.

Could a dev close this down. It wasn't open for discussion. Thanks.
    Last edited by Breakingbadxx; 07-13-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breakingbadxx View Post
    I remember warriors making threads to report how broken the lava proc on the arcane sword originally was and asking for it to be 'fixed'; in which it was.

It seems all the mages complaining here knew such a proc seemed broken and refused to report it. All the more reason to 'fix' it.

It has been said the weapon will be fixed, which is all I asked.

Could a dev close this down. It wasn't open for discussion. Thanks.
    It didn't seem broken at all tho the proc did what was in the description now it's gonna get nerfed and be crap like everything else for mage
    Last edited by Plqgue; 07-13-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Now u cryin like my slink got nerf...u know who u are lmao
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pvp players always ruin the game

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Clam down everyone -_- . Even with the proc going trough armor , the amount of the damage dealt will be not far from what we have now ( on mobs ) . Just stack it more times and enjoy . Its gonna be around 50 damage per tick , still enough to deal 30k+ damage if the proc is stacked 3-4 times.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account