Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] On Balance - Adjusting items not working as intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    With this change will there be any adjustments to the somewhat recent PVP damage nerf? As I'm sure the numbers used to make the decisions were based around the pre nerf AS, which I'm fairly sure that every compent rogue uses.
    Hope only changes to rogue, considering if you lift damage then other classes are going to hit harder on an effectively useless class.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Tbh this is a sad joke, spent multi millions and time swapping from warrior to rogue cause u did nothing for more than a season fixing the issues and now what? Head back to warrior or spend the same multi millions to gear a Mage only to be nerfed in a months time? Guess I should just give up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks! Let us know how it feels for you.
    There is 300/500 damage and crit change on lvl 15. Its like rogue got damage nerf back ( stat one )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Rogues let's find another game quit al for good haha lol

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Rogues let's find another game quit al for good haha lol

I don't think that rogues should give up, i mean that the Devs are doing their best to fix this issue, rogues should just work on and help them instead of blaming and giving up, ask questions maybe about the new aimshot or give feedbacks of how it should be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Hmmm i checked my rogue at lvl6-8 twinking zone and the dmg was cut by alot... Not only that but since in those lvls EVERYONE uses almost full diamond jewles my hits are like hitting a rock with a disposable plastic knife. Not raging just letting you guys know the situation down at those lvls.

Oh and btw speaking of EXESSIVE and OVERPOWERED dmg u guys should take a look at the galen proc at those lvls its insane...

Ty STS and GL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

This is too much, rouges have completly lost their role as single target damage dealer! Since this was a "unnoticed" "unintented" bug for 3 years, and considering all the recent "nerfs/fixes" most of AL needs to be revised, since so many aspects of this game is "scaled/balanced" in relation to the "old Aimed Shot Damage output.

#RougesUnit #GiveUsOurClassPurposeBack #BuffRougeSkillsNOW!

And to support my thoughts i have a classic "Before and After picture"

A max damage which used to be 5074 in my case, which now is 2816! 2816 its nothing!

Before the nerf/fix
    Name:  Skærmbillede 2016-07-14 kl. 23.45.01.png
Views: 323
Size:  925.0 KB
    After the nerf/fix
    Name:  Skærmbillede 2016-07-15 kl. 00.28.49.png
Views: 321
Size:  924.9 KB
    I dont see where our raised floor is in the two pictures above!
    Name:  Skærmbillede 2016-07-15 kl. 00.38.36.png
Views: 309
Size:  248.3 KB
    I will be waiting for a compensation to the loss of my class main goal, single target damage! The glass cannons definitely no longer were cannons!
    Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

So we just tested the crit of a rogue at lvl 15 vs me(tank) and i can say that rogues surely are paper now. They dont deal any damage nor have any armor left to even survive.
    PS:this is what we noticed at 15

A possible solution: If this fix will remain, just implement a scaled system like that the aimed shot gets 'nerfed' by 10% for every 10th level(10% are just used for better explanation)

Or do it like:
    Lvl 1-10:10% 'nerf'
    Lvl 11-30:20% 'nerf'
    Lvl 31-60: 30% 'nerf'
    Lvl 61-100: 40% 'nerf'
    This would have less consequences for the gameplay

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to intizamfamily888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    I don't think that rogues should give up, i mean that the Devs are doing their best to fix this issue, rogues should just work on and help them instead of blaming and giving up, ask questions maybe about the new aimshot or give feedbacks of how it should be?
    If that's the case they should've fixed this a damn long time ago, we endured the damage nerf on pvp before we accepted the armor nerf also but this aimed shot nerf is damn too much like the game is literally whispering to me (just quit bro it's done all over) haha just sayin.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    This is too much, rouges have completly lost their role as single target damage dealer! Since this was a "unnoticed" "unintented" bug for 3 years, and considering all the recent "nerfs/fixes" most of AL needs to be revised, since so many aspects of this game is "scaled/balanced" in relation to the "old Aimed Shot Damage output.

A max damage which used to be 5074 in my case, which now is 2816! 2816 its nothing!

Before the nerf/fix
    After the nerf/fix
    I will be waiting for a compensation to the loss of my class main goal, single target damage! The glass cannons definitely no longer were cannons!
    The adjustment has not gone in yet. What's currently live is the fix for Aimed Shot being broken, which has Rogues dealing less damage than before.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #111
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

With this change will there be any adjustments to the somewhat recent PVP damage nerf? As I'm sure the numbers used to make the decisions were based around the pre nerf AS, which I'm fairly sure that every competent rogue uses.
    There shouldn't be any PvP adjustments needed, as the average damage of a Rogue from Aimed Shot should be the same. The end effect of this adjustment is that Rogues should perform as well as before, with more consistent damage and a more mangeable Aimed Shot on our end in terms of balance. We'll always keep an eye out though.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    There shouldn't be any PvP adjustments needed, as the average damage of a Rogue from Aimed Shot should be the same. The end effect of this adjustment is that Rogues should perform as well as before, with more consistent damage and a more mangeable Aimed Shot on our end in terms of balance. We'll always keep an eye out though.
    Does that mean that rogues are going to hit as hard as before or less? sorry my english is not the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I really hope for a swift resolution here. Making a large percentage of the game population unhappy and practically useless seems like a sub optimal way to go.
    I just don't understand why would you go through with a nerf/fix without making full allowance for all the ramifications of the changes applied. I do not understand why would you leave so many people hanging?

Kind regards.

P.S. Based on before and now skill damage about 30% of the average damage of aimed is missing atm. So it is basically a 30% nerf... zzz
    Last edited by Jazzi; 07-14-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Is there any way that you could share all the data garnered from the PVP scaling that resulted in the nerf? I'd like to test he same things with the current weapons/AS nerf for comparison and post my findings in comparison to the previous PVP balance.
    What I'd like to know -
    Average skill damage for each skill in PVP with no damage nerf/the original nerf/and the current nerf, so I can compare the new aimed shot damage.

Average stats for every class, then and now.

The high end stats that this nerf is scaled off of.

And anything else that could be helpful to seeing how this "adjustment" effects the current PVP structure.
    Last edited by Visiting; 07-14-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

If I want 'easy to play', balanced classes without specific archetypal abilities -- I would just go play Dark Legends.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post

Before the nerf/fix
    After the nerf/fix
    How come my own screenshot is in your post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I really hope for a swift resolution here. Making a large percentage of the game population unhappy and practically useless seems like a sub optimal way to go.
    I just don't understand why would you go through with a nerf/fix without making full allowance for all the ramifications of the changes applied. I do not understand why would you leave so many people hanging?

Kind regards.

P.S. Based on before and now skill damage about 30% of the average damage of aimed is missing atm. So it is basically a 30% nerf... zzz
    I agree... Why would you touch the very skill that makes Rogues who they are? I'd like to see an explanation. Re-quoting Vroom's message is not an explanation. I might as well just stay in towns and look pretty coz clearly, Damage is no longer in the dictionary of a Rogue Class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Vroom, the thing is that 3k to 6k damage is not the same as 2k to 7k damage. The damage range is still lower, even if the low range damage is higher. The low range damage never really killed in the first place anyways. So, being that rogues are glass cannons we either need to hit as hard as before or there needs to be armor granted back.

Although, I'm still more than willing to give developer changes a shot, but the way I am seeing it is that this is still a nerf to rogues across the board. Previously, rogues would use aimed shot until one gave a large enough hit to kill. We were never really interested in the low range damage.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

To clarify, we are not saying "Rogues deal too much damage and need to be nerfed". We are saying "Aimed Shot is broken and this is affecting Rogues. We need to correct Aimed Shot and figure out how to adjust Rogues after the fact."
    Sorry but everything that is being done reads to me that : "We are going to break Aimed Shot and this will be affecting rogues".

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Might I suggest something,
    Log onto the game, use a lvl 56 toon, a rogue in this case, get some decent gear and go play the game, normal, elite, and Pvp. Do this while recording your game play, at the end of a week or so make a thread with your videos and tell the community your thoughts on the rogue class, as far as the skills/weapons/balance/etc go.
    We'd like to see what goes into you changing the game as a whole, it'd be nice to get some background on why are you changing this/why aren't you changing this.
    with no special god mode stats please