Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] On Balance - Adjusting items not working as intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Lvl 14.. used to crit 850+ on tank now 650+ max to 450+ min

Can we have our armor back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks STS for balancing rogue again.. when I was rogue you nerf them.. when I use tank you buff them.. now you keep them back into balance mode.. thank you.. good job sts..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Perhaps SP is not being calculated correctly! I think it should be reduced in damage too!
    thats it - i bet they are looking into nerfing SP now too, or soon. Or maybe, another 3 years later....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Proposal View Post
    thanks STS for balancing rogue again.. when I was rogue you nerf them.. when I use tank you buff them.. now you keep them back into balance mode.. thank you.. good job sts..
    Balance must mean hitting feathers and being super squishy. xD
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Balance must mean hitting feathers and being super squishy. xD
    To be the best is to keep calm and stay focus. Now the game is already in balance.. in PRO vs PRO.. you just need skill and perfect timing to kill. If both class doesn't die to each other meaning the game is balance.. well done STS..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ahahaha seem like someone crying XD

Sent from my Lenovo K920 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

STS please fix the kraken mines 3 bosses and make them immune to time shift mastery, and harley's name and stonegrip's name overlaps... Pls fix this plss. Thank you :-)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hafiz Hery View Post
    Ahahaha seem like someone crying XD

Seems like someone is a nice person

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Seems like someone is a nice person
    Yeah !! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I am really tired of this whole "balancing" thing. Is this a pvp or pve balance. They should be kept completely seperate in some way. I hate pvp (i hate to die, lol) and only play pve, but everytime a balance nerf occurs for reasons of primarily pvp it messes up me for pve.

Nerfing armor was suppose to help Warriors become more relevant, right. Rogues were too tanky. Then release new gear that doesnt give as much armor, dont nerf existing stats. Buff a class like warriors through normal means if they are not as strong as intended, dont nerf other classes, it just makes players angry.

This whole balancing act is making primarily the pvp players angry. I agree if a class is being left out like in the past warriors were because there were all rogue parties then buff warriors and mages for pve so they become more desireable in parties but for the love of all that is holy stop nerfing things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    I am really tired of this whole "balancing" thing. Is this a pvp or pve balance. They should be kept completely seperate in some way. I hate pvp (i hate to die, lol) and only play pve, but everytime a balance nerf occurs for reasons of primarily pvp it messes up me for pve.

Nerfing armor was suppose to help Warriors become more relevant, right. Rogues were too tanky. Then release new gear that doesnt give as much armor, dont nerf existing stats. Buff a class like warriors through normal means if they are not as strong as intended, dont nerf other classes, it just makes players angry.

This whole balancing act is making primarily the pvp players angry. I agree if a class is being left out like in the past warriors were because there were all rogue parties then buff warriors and mages for pve so they become more desireable in parties but for the love of all that is holy stop nerfing things.
    They just fix a bug that cause aim shot make more damage than it should do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twerk View Post
    How come my own screenshot is in your post?
    Someone posted it in a line group, but that person was not named twerk... But thought i would share it with the rest of the community, since it is very interesting imo. Especially since is tells the floor would get higher and the roof lower, but this is so far not what we have seen.
    Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    Indeed they did, but if i am not mistaken, all of the previous damage reductions in PvP and other things implemented to bring balance between all three classes in both PvP and PvE, were with considering that rouges could do a lot more damage. = Now that we can't do the same amount of damage, the game is definitely out of balance.
    Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

How can you hit us with the nerf part on the top end without implementing the buff at the bottom end at the same time?
    Its not OK to ruin the gameplay experience for a large part of your customers, even temporarily.
    The downside comes immediately and we're told to be patient, fix is coming.
    What fix? How long?

Its the vague language and uncertainty that has everyone upset.
    Your customers are speaking, I hope you're listening.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

well played sts . .you just nerfed all classes in pve.
    longer mob and boss fights.
    more pots usage. . and definitely more ankh usage,

I'm waiting for the reply from development "use chaos jewels or damage elixir"
    like how we were told to use diamond jewels when our armor was taken away
    Last edited by aneshsinghblu; 07-15-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    lol. . 3years to realise its a bug. .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

......devs aim shot has less mana consumption that pierce,which as I understood u taking damage output from aimed shot and transfering to other skills,if u transfer to nox ,we 100*% ........nerfed against wars cause noone uses nox while wars on jugg,if u transfer it to pierce we will be wasting a lot more mana when we dependingg from pierce,In conclusion it's a nerf
    Last edited by azicheebahan; 07-15-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Another example which will be addressed in the next patch is an issue with Aimed Shot. There’s a specific combination of Aimed Shot upgrades that inflated the maximum potential damage of Aimed Shot beyond what the ability is supposed to be balanced for. This allowed Aimed Shot in this specific configuration to deal almost 2x as much potential damage as other combinations, and this is aside from the upgrade benefits displayed.

My question is why is this an issue now? Aimed shot isn't a piece of gear or pet that's newly released. By saying this you imply that (1) you failed to spot the issue for years if it is an issue at all which from a rogue's perspective isn't; or (2) this wasn't an issue until a recent development came about that made you go "Oops! Why didn't we foresee this is what's gonna happen?" (arcane bow? People arguing on forums about how Arena revamp will benefit only rogues so rogues need to be crippled?); and most definitely (3) you don't play your own game.

You have come to the point where things are working pretty well. Warriors and mages are needed in PvP and PvE and people are enjoying their classes and weapons and pets. And then you said this is unintended and it's not working and to fix it you need to break rogue's main power? You haven't given adequate reasoning for this line of thinking as you set forth here. Did you see this supposed issue in your formulas only or do you actually see it from the perspective of rogue player?

Due to the popularity of Aimed Shot, this causes the opposite effect as the Wildfire upgrade. From a player perspective, “Rogues deal too much damage!” when in effect there’s one ability of Rogues which is causing unintended and excessive damage to be dealt.

Again with the "unintended" claim. Explain what you truly intend aimed shot to do and how that differs from previous iteration as is laid out in the skills description. More and more it seems to me you're only doing this to cover up a blunder of foresight instead of with the interest of the players in general and rogues in particular.

Rogues use aimed shot whatever their mode of play is, PvE or PvP, and we use it from the get go. It's the only skill you don't need mastery or charging to do its job. Messing with aimed shot means you're ruining the game for rogues across the board.

The balance of Arcane Legends starts at the base classes and their abilities, then expands out to their weapons/armor, and then to the procs. We want to make sure all balance issues are properly discovered and addressed, especially if they go all the way back to the base class and abilities. It’s from this point that we can maintain the balance of AL and have usefulness and purpose for all classes.

Aimed shot defines a rogue use and purpose in game. You blunt this skill, you render rogue useless.

Arcane Legends should feel fun and balanced for all classes, that’s our goal!

The game isn't fun now for rogues. If you don't yet have interim hypothetical solution to your theoretical issue, why not let rogues keep their aimed shot? Many players only have time to play during the weekends and this time you leave rogues with only a stump of their former skill.

*UPDATE*
    Speaking with Carapace about the performance of Rogues and Aimed Shot, this is the path we're taking. All analysis is going on right now, I gathered stats from high end Rogues in game to use as examples. The previous combination that resulted in really spiky damage for Aimed Shot will be adjusted so that the High and Low aren't so drastically far apart. All other combinations of Aimed Shot will be buffed to be in line with this combination so there won't be the disparity.

So the issue is inconsistent output? And the solution is bringing the high and low closer together. Unless you bring the floor up so it's closer to the ceiling--and won't that be inconsistent of you when you spoke earlier of unintended inflated potential damage that needs to be brought in line--whatever fix you propose to make will nerf the rogue however much you refuse to acknowledge it.

-STSVroom
    My comments in bold above.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    The effects you'll see from this adjustment will be if you were using that specific configuration of Aimed Shot, your minimum damage will be the exact same, but your maximum damage will be lower.

In other word, a nerf.

As stated in the initial post, this doesn't mean the end of Rogues and that nothing more will change. If after this adjustment we don't feel Rogues are performing their intended role, we'll address that issue in their kit. If the damage loss from Aimed Shot is essential to Rogues, the damage will be re-introduced elsewhere.

Play a rogue, PvP, PvE, end game, twink and you decide if aimed shot damage is essential or not. This skill defines a rogue. It's what makes us of critical use against bosses and specific enemies that need to be taken out first like healers and buffers. What other skill can take the place or compensate for aimed shot single damage burst for this purpose? Shadow piercer? Your stripping of rogue armor makes this option not viable especially for the low level, average geared rogues (an additional concern since for the purpose of this experiment you take yout numbers from high end rogues).

Again this was only in 1 specific configuration of Aimed Shot upgrades. If you weren't using this configuration you won't see a damage change. But those who were using this were currently dealing approximately 2x more damage than other Rogues.

So you're basically saying putting 5/5 upgrades on aimed shot is what's causing what you keep insinuating is an issue? What rogue isn't using this set? To me what you're implying here is rogues with 5/5 aimed shot will have their damage halved, bringing it closer to that of rogues who aren't maximizing their skills upgrade; like forcing overachiever to be mediocre.
    My comments in bold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Rogue was not playable in PVE after Armor nerf. Then 10% nerf on NB. Now 50% nerf on AS. Just got my Arcane daggers few days ago and felt ok to play for a while and now no more. Rogue items happen to be costly always. Lol I would have spent on warrior weapon. Cheaper and easy.

Good job STS. You continue to loose players. No fun in game. We are buying worries with money. You may ignore my feedback. But it's true.