Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] On Balance - Adjusting items not working as intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

>nerf rogues most useful skill
    >later buff something else to makeup for rogues being unwanted everywhere besides house parties
    >nice plan team
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    From a different perspective what we're saying is that we've identified an issue with Aimed Shot that needed to be addressed for us to better make balance adjustments moving forward. There may be a noticeable difference for players and there might not depending on the use of this combination, if there IS a notable difference than we can re-add that damage in another area of Aim Shot, or the Rogue's overall kit in order to make up that difference and bring them where they should be. Currently this number was putting a lot of noise in the damage output of the Rogue in some cases and needed to be stabilized before we can make further adjustments.

Think of this as a precursor to potential Rogue improvements and enhancements, and not as a nerf because a nerf implies that we do not intend to bring it back up. Depending on the circumstances we will bring up the Rogue again where necessary. It certainly doesn't guarantee that we will, but it is a possibility
    All endgame rogues (and the high level twinks too), who aren't totally clueless, use only one combination - Aimed shot 5/5. If this is the combination, or if it's something else that's included in 5/5 anyway, of course it's a nerf. I've said it probably 100 times already - go play competitively as a rogue and see for yourselves if there is a need for this.

Same goes for other nerfs like the wildfire one by the way. Finally something cool for pve mages and you find an "issue". Actually, finally the game felt balanced pve-wise (to me at least) and you start "fixing" and "balancing". To what end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

you wrote about mages you wrote about rogues i dont see anything about warriors
    dont you guys thing 3 axe throw and 46 arcane sword proc is too powerful deffensive and offensive way? if its the norm, fix the rogue accordingly

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    you wrote about mages you wrote about rogues i dont see anything about warriors
    dont you guys thing 3 axe throw and 46 arcane sword proc is too powerful deffensive and offensive way? if its the norm, fix the rogue accordingly
    An entire post was dedicated to Warriors in this expansion and their itemization, including these same sort of systemic changes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

All the buffs and nerfs until now over 3 years to all classes was done keeping in mind the damage output from Rogue's aimedshot. Nobody complained after rogue's armor was nerfed and after other classes were buffed recently. Rogues were least needed now and the main complaint was against Warriors. It felt as though everything was close to being balanced and just when things were stable yet again another unnecessary change. Nothing and no technical explanation justifies this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    An entire post was dedicated to Warriors in this expansion and their itemization, including these same sort of systemic changes.
    Might I suggest something,
    Log onto the game, use a lvl 56 toon, a rogue in this case, get some decent gear and go play the game, normal, elite, and Pvp. Do this while recording your game play, at the end of a week or so make a thread with your videos and tell the community your thoughts on the rogue class, as far as the skills/weapons/balance/etc go.
    We'd like to see what goes into you changing the game as a whole, it'd be nice to get some background on why are you changing this/why aren't you changing this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

wasnt it about progression of 56 weapons? it didnt change anything about 46's. Midievalmodel explained pretty well there, the issue with warr isnt the base stats its the procs do you think people will give up on their OP 46 sword to get 56 for pvp? that doesnt fix the core problem you adressed the issue pretty well but solution wasnt right

anyway i hope you figure it out becaue more rogues will know about it more fire drama will happen here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ireliaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Might I suggest something,
    Log onto the game, use a lvl 56 toon, a rogue in this case, get some decent gear and go play the game, normal, elite, and Pvp. Do this while recording your game play, at the end of a week or so make a thread with your videos and tell the community your thoughts on the rogue class, as far as the skills/weapons/balance/etc go.
    We'd like to see what goes into you changing the game as a whole, it'd be nice to get some background on why are you changing this/why aren't you changing this.
    Yes please.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    All endgame rogues (and the high level twinks too), who aren't totally clueless, use only one combination - Aimed shot 5/5. If this is the combination, or if it's something else that's included in 5/5 anyway, of course it's a nerf. I've said it probably 100 times already - go play competitively as a rogue and see for yourselves if there is a need for this.
    To reiterate: We are not saying Rogues are too strong and need to be nerfed. We are only saying that Aimed Shot is broken and needs to be fixed. The amount that Rogues rely on Aimed Shot and how much of a crutch the broken aspects of Aimed Shot were to their balance have yet to be seen and understood.

Unfortunately this does mean at the moment Aimed Shot cannot hit as high as it used to while we evaluate and understand how the Rogue class needs to be adjusted.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

To reiterate: We are not saying Rogues are too strong and need to be nerfed. We are only saying that Aimed Shot is broken and needs to be fixed. The amount that Rogues rely on Aimed Shot and how much of a crutch the broken aspects of Aimed Shot were to their balance have yet to be seen and understood.

Unfortunately this does mean at the moment Aimed Shot cannot hit as high as it used to while we evaluate and understand how the Rogue class needs to be adjusted.
    Can we have a time frame on how long we'd need to suffer? xD

Or, is there any way we can keep the aimed shot until developers find an effective replacement that players agree with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Can we have a time frame on how long we'd need to suffer? xD

Or, is there any way we can keep the aimed shot until developers find an effective replacement that players agree with?
    Time to rev up that test server :>
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Rogue armor was nerfed and Munchmouth was released. Now aimshot-change means probably we are getting ready for new pets that will buff damage. Or maybe a demand is being created for Volcano environments of the Tavern type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Rogue armor was nerfed and Munchmouth was released. Now aimshot-change means probably we are getting ready for new pets that will buff damage. Or maybe a demand is being created for Volcano environments of the Tavern type.
    Everybody's armor increased with MM and pet combination so it's not really an effective fixed. More or less, rogues are still extremely squishy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

1.This isn't really about how the item works but how it is obtained and this obviously caused a massive majority of the players to just give up and ignore obtaining it. I'm talking about the Antignome set of course. I just wish there was a more...reasonable way to farm and obtain the set rather than mindlessly farm for months just to get a single piece. (Maybe have the Cryostar Hunter Elixir provide an increased chance to loot the helm and belt from the Cryostar or have bosses have a chance to drop a rare satchel currency *has legendary chance and can't be rerolled* to buy set gear)
    2.Heal mastery just isn't that effective when proced compared to the other skills. Shield mastery's absorption increase only makes a miniscule difference. So does the shield's absorption upgrade itself. I say that it is a miniscule difference because this is being compared to how much damage endgame enemies can do.
    3.Curse dealing a set value range of damage on enemies in PvE rather than reflecting a portion of the damage back.
    4.Arcane and Mythic items don't feel so rare like they used to be (Try to keep their rarity between their current rarity and their past rarity)
    5.Arcane Ring being used for 3 straight expansions. (Try to limit future items to 1.5-2 expansions instead of 3)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

You want to know what happened to the last guy who messed with aimed shot? Ask Boromir.

But seriously, why after all this time you're only addressing aimed shot now? Forget PvP, putting a ceiling on aimed shot damage will only prolong PvE runs. And that's nerfing to me whatever you want to call it. And what is this about "if this tweak to aimed shot doesn't work we can do something else, but no promises"? You're going to make your customers guinea pigs in your tinkering and we have to keep adapting and adjusting as you go along?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You guys just stop, please. Tell me when have you ever seen a developer in game with less than 30k damage and 10k armor? Of course, "their game" is balanced in their eyes. So please just stop complaining and just use the "kill all" command when you can't finish map, just use "ban xxx" command when you can't win in pvp, problem solved, so simple.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

SIGH, I don't know what to say. Nothing interest me or surprise me anymore in AL. Sts always talk about change and adjust but doesn't consider how it affect the players. Lately all I've seen are NERF NERF NERF, ADJUST ADJUST for the supposedly BALANCE. But all i've notice is sts playing dirty.

After 3 years Sts decide to make changes, lets Nerf and Adjust stuff then lets put those stats in new Equipments which basically makes no different except WE as players have to spend more time/money to obtain those new impossible equipments.

for example. Rogue's armor nerfed and then was returned in the level 56 gears. Now Sts wanna nerf and adjust skills damage but as we all know it's here the New Housing 2.0 which give extra stats hp/mana/damage lol which of course will cost time/money to obtain and maintain.

This isn't anything new, this is exactly the same as before like how sts use to recolor pet/vanity or the golden egg era etc etc except now it's a whole new level of recoloring and reusing stuff. nerf and then give it back in complicated way.

I hate to say this but i've been done with AL for couple months now and definitely won't be returning after hearing about the housing system which give out extra stats hahaha GG.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Than nerf warriors too!!! They only got buffed and we only got nerfed!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to diimitrii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aimmed Shot has been the most strongest skill for Rogue and is needed for the Rogue Class, if the damage with the combo is too high maybe you should nerf another skill but merfing Aimmed Shot by half is ruining the class's most powerful skill. Instead of nerfing Aimmed Shot you guys should consider nerfing down another skill instead of Aimmed Shot. If your going to nerf Aimmed Shot by half you'll loose your Major Rogue Players not only in Pvp but in PvE aswell. Rogues need Aimmed Shot , it's their powerfulest skill and the way it was was how it used to be. This nerf is
    not needed , Im a Mage and I can take Aimmed Shots + Combos and not be killed with Shield on and on my Tank. This nerf is not needed , it really isn't. If a player complaine about the damage ..then that player was vsing a Rogue out of his class and gears and he was most likely slacking on Gears then that Rogue. The way things are right now is balanced except for that Wildfire Staff which ignores Armor. And your guys are still going to nerf Aimmed Shot by Half then most Rogue players will be expecting a Replacement like more Hp+Armor. Theres really no need to nerf down the most powerful skill a Rogue class uses , not only in Pvp but in Pve aswell. Hope you guys consider this message and read, thanks.

- Eye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    SIGH, I don't know what to say. Nothing interest me or surprise me anymore in AL. Sts always talk about change and adjust but doesn't consider how it affect the players. Lately all I've seen are NERF NERF NERF, ADJUST ADJUST for the supposedly BALANCE. But all i've notice is sts playing dirty.

After 3 years Sts decide to make changes, lets Nerf and Adjust stuff then lets put those stats in new Equipments which basically makes no different except WE as players have to spend more time/money to obtain those new impossible equipments.

for example. Rogue's armor nerfed and then was returned in the level 56 gears. Now Sts wanna nerf and adjust skills damage but as we all know it's here the New Housing 2.0 which give extra stats hp/mana/damage lol which of course will cost time/money to obtain and maintain.

This isn't anything new, this is exactly the same as before like how sts use to recolor pet/vanity or the golden egg era etc etc except now it's a whole new level of recoloring and reusing stuff. nerf and then give it back in complicated way.

I hate to say this but i've been done with AL for couple months now and definitely won't be returning after hearing about the housing system which give out extra stats hahaha GG.
    Need speed set ;O
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯