Thread: Housing Upgrade is Bogus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Default Housing Upgrade is Bogus

I have to pay the full platinum price for a new and bigger house instead of the price for my current house being applied to the cost of the more expensive one I am wanting to buy?!!! When I upgraded from my Cottage to my Tavern I just assumed that I was upgrading and moving to my bigger house but when I went to move tonight to a tavern I stopped and wondered why the heck upgrading to a Tavern would still cost me 1000 plat.... Um, that's insane! If I have paid in full for a cottage, a lodge, and possibly a tavern then why do I not get to keep each house?!

I am extremely upset at the pure unabashed greediness this demonstrates!!

If you cannot apply the purchase price of my current house to the price of the house I wish to upgrade to...and I'm willing to overlook my complete trusting naivety when I moved from my Cottage to my Tavern... Then I would appreciate the refund of ALL the platinum I have spent on this complete scam of a housing expansion. After that, I think I may retire from this game even though I have really enjoyed being a part of Arcane Legends since season 1, but now I feel ashamed to have been taken in so completely by such an obvious and an inconsiderate ... I don't even have the appropriate word for it..!!! I will say that unfortunately I was scammed by another player back in season 3, I believe or it couldve been season 2, and this feels very much the same!

Please explain to me why if I have used real money to purchase platinum (in game currency,) in order to buy a specific house then upgrade to a bigger house what the reason is for me not owning the deeds to the houses I've already forked out my platinum to own? Why do I not posses the deeds to the houses I left behind for an 'upgrade' if I paid the full platinum purchase price for them so that I can at least sell the deeds I already paid for to recoup some of my losses?!

This is just completely crooked!!

I have always felt pretty honored to be a part of such a fun and wonderful game but right now I just feel ashamed.

I am not trying to be disrespectful, this is how I feel for the very first time since I began my journey in Arcane Legends!!

Thanks for listening,

Msleo
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-14-2016 at 09:56 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

+1 house owners should have a upgrade option with reduced prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes, that should be the logical upgrade. Take the cost of old house and subtract it from price.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, that should be the logical upgrade. Take the cost of old house and subtract it from price.
    Exactly my point though I am raging a bit from irritation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

When you move to a new house in real life you sell your current one and the proceeds help to buy your new one why should it be any different here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Exactly my point though I am raging a bit from irritation!
    There there, we all are pretty frustrated right now.. I'm sure STG will deal with this oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    When you move to a new house in real life you sell your current one and the proceeds help to buy your new one why should it be any different here?
    In this game, you don't get the proceeds from selling your house and get to put it towards the new house. Unless, of course you're saying this in the sense that it should work the way as it does IRL. I mean, we do get the taxes (upkeep) that RL house ownership has as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Houses are a plat/gold sink, nothing more, nothing less.
    Adding stats to various house sizes through locations is simply a way to garner more money ~
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

There there, we all are pretty frustrated right now.. I'm sure STG will deal with this oversight.

In this game, you don't get the proceeds from selling your house and get to put it towards the new house. Unless, of course you're saying this in the sense that it should work the way as it does IRL. I mean, we do get the taxes (upkeep) that RL house ownership has as well.
    I'm basically saying that the plat that's already been spent should go towards the upgrade Leo has already bought not one but two houses full price and that in itself is ridiculous that there isn't at least a small reduction in the price of the upgrade

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    I'm basically saying that the plat that's already been spent should go towards the upgrade Leo has already bought not one but two houses full price and that in itself is ridiculous that there isn't at least a small reduction in the price of the upgrade
    Yes, I've already foolishly spent the full price platinum for 2 houses, granted I just assumed that my upgrade from my cottage was actually an upgrade so my trusting self did not check on the actual platinum deducted from my account at the time... But having spent the entire platinum purchase price on a cottage AND a lodge only to find out I must now spend platinum yet again for the entire purchase price of upgrading to a tavern for another 1000 platinum is really just too much and it creates extreme disappointment and feelings of shame to be associated with this housing expansion now!

And, justg.... Go ahead and edit all my posts for less drama, IDC anymore as I'm completely shocked and disappointed at finding this out the hard way tonight!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-14-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I will give STS the benefit of the doubt and believe that this is just an oversight for now but spending real money or platinum for a tangible item (not gambling on trying to open crates in the hopes of recieving an item) in a game should result in actually owning that item. As it is now, I have spent platinum bought with my real life money on something that was taken away from me just because I wanted to spend more of my real money on the better option. We should be given the choice to be able to sell the house or houses we have already paid for or to have the price of the house we are upgrading from applied to the cost of the upgrade to a new house, not just completely lose the HUNDREDS of platinum already spent on something we should already own!

That's just bad business!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-14-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    I will give STS the benefit of the doubt and believe that this is just an oversight for now but spending real money or platinum for a tangible item (not gambling on trying to open crates in the hopes of recieving an item) in a game should result in actually owning that item. As it is now, I have spent platinum bought with my real life money on something that was taken away from me just because I wanted to spend more of my real money on a better item. We should be given the choice to be able to sell the house or houses we have already paid for or to have the price of an upgrade applied to the cost of the upgrade, not just completely lose the HUNDREDS of platinum already spent on something we should already own!

That's just bad business!
    +1
    #11chars