Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Healthy Commando Is a Strong Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Agreed

At the current level cap, I agree with punk and register. I have three commandos, and I've tried about 15 different builds. A level 5 or 6 heal is not a waste of points. The commando's defense buff, while being a large boost (742 def total on my main), is only a short burst, and it's meant to absorb damage at your current health. A high level heal has all the same characteristics with the added bonus of adding to life total when there is no damage to absorb i.e. in between mobs. Even for those who feel like they can spare the creds on pots, heal used concurrently, or rotated, with the defense works wonders in mass mobs or boss fights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by shannong View Post
    I'll vouch for Punk's build because I have done guardian runs with him. Question for Punk for my own commo that will soon be 19 and ready to hit Numa. What is your timing of skills during each new mob encounter? How do you grab most aggro for the alpha spike and survive without potting?
    Run in, use vigor, increase mass and growing rage, (use a cannon) and then run backwards. Kite them so theyre clustered together, and keep using your cannon. Use Kinetic Reservoir every once in a while, and if the enemies get too close or are doing too much damage to you, use singularity (Lv. 1) to get them off temporarily, with enough time to use vigor again.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    I promoted kinetic, and use it myself. I hate on heal because I still do not believe you can solo uncharted with no pots.. Atleast at this level with this gear.

Also.. What is the obsession with farming outer all the time btw. Isnt it just easy with alot of mobs?
    You can't solo Uncharted with no pots, I'm willing to bet anything on that. Outer Limits, however, you can.

Only time I did Uncharted with no pots is with a fellow commando and a good engineer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the suggestion to change the dmg or heal to a percentage number. Otherwise, with each level cap raised, the skill numbers would need to be constantly updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

22 commando, using Punktate's build, just did a guardian run with only 3 health pots used, and that was in a group with only 4 people total. Ya, it rocks. 2 pots on 2nd run. Trying to get down to zero pots. Okay 0 pots on 3rd run; just gotta kite at strategic moments instead of rely on a single healer in the group.
    Last edited by shannong; 09-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    SL: Katsumi/Katsumii/Katsumiii | Knights of Cydonia
    PL: Ohanadesu | Knights of Cydonia