Thread: Housing 3.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Housing 3.0

So I just bought a house and I am enjoying it. Dropped a lot of plat on it and the decorations and so far its pretty fun.

I started to think though, If everyone eventually owns a house and has this great pride with it, why would the want to leave thier house and spend time in someone elses house. Each player wants everyone to visit thier house and hang out there. Its human nature.

So what if there was some sort of perk to visiting your friends and guildmates houses to encourage more association back and forth between houses.

It would

1. Encourage players to farm/buy more items for the house to impress thier fellow players, especially the higher priced interactive items which would be needed to give a benefit for example (see below)
    2. Make everyone enjoy each others house and boost comradarie (did I spell that right?)
    3. Encourage the sale of houses and make farmable/plat based purchases worth more in CS.

The benefit of housecalls:
    An example would be, you go to a friends house and spend some time with him/her using a interactive house item, like the disco ball or hottub, and the visiting player gets a benefit, maybe pots, or a story token or some gold for example. Something simple.

I know this might turn into a beg fest where other players beg thier friends to hang out with them for the benefits so maybe there is someway you could visit a house without the owner there and still get a benefit from the visit.

The point is what good is a vanity only you primarily enjoy and see. Players will probably need motivation to visit other players houses especially when the newness wears off.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I AM THROWING OUT THERE. If you think of downsides to this, cool. But I am just throwing out this idea as a generality. The specifics can be different, I just want to increase house visits between players.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Well, nice point. We can see a lot of bugs abuse these times. Probably if they put "prize" for a friend visit your house, they will "farm" buff of this. Creating tons just to visit and give the prize to host...my ideia its a little different:

"Fame Points"
    Works like that: if you make your house PUBLIC(only public) to visits, an random player will can join(by friend list, guild, friend of a friend) and give you a point of fame, if he/her like your house..sure. And for the visitor give the "like" he will spend 2 Story Token. ALSO the visitor just can "like" 1 house per day, and not in the same house again(never). They make a LB of "Most Famous Houses" with the points of comunnity

Each season the LB restart to give a chance to new players, with new furnitures...

Ex:

1st: Sareocar' s House ------------ 1.432 Fame points
    2nd: Fareunaca' s House ----------- 1. 323 Fame points
    3rd: Jionaesaco' s House ----------- 1. 291 Fame points
    (Random names of my mind, like in the creation of toon)

Its just an idea coz this will make the players try be the owner of the most "Famous House" and help STS buying plat. Help farm players trying find new itens to house, to sell or make our house pretty

Just an idea, fell free to plus any change

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasamon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Lets not turn AL into a building game XD if you want housing , sims is a good game for you what we got for now is good as it is .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    So I just bought a house and I am enjoying it. Dropped a lot of plat on it and the decorations and so far its pretty fun.

I started to think though, If everyone eventually owns a house and has this great pride with it, why would the want to leave thier house and spend time in someone elses house. Each player wants everyone to visit thier house and hang out there. Its human nature.

So what if there was some sort of perk to visiting your friends and guildmates houses to encourage more association back and forth between houses.

It would

1. Encourage players to farm/buy more items for the house to impress thier fellow players, especially the higher priced interactive items which would be needed to give a benefit for example (see below)
    2. Make everyone enjoy each others house and boost comradarie (did I spell that right?)
    3. Encourage the sale of houses and make farmable/plat based purchases worth more in CS.

The benefit of housecalls:
    An example would be, you go to a friends house and spend some time with him/her using a interactive house item, like the disco ball or hottub, and the visiting player gets a benefit, maybe pots, or a story token or some gold for example. Something simple.

I know this might turn into a beg fest where other players beg thier friends to hang out with them for the benefits so maybe there is someway you could visit a house without the owner there and still get a benefit from the visit.

The point is what good is a vanity only you primarily enjoy and see. Players will probably need motivation to visit other players houses especially when the newness wears off.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I AM THROWING OUT THERE. If you think of downsides to this, cool. But I am just throwing out this idea as a generality. The specifics can be different, I just want to increase house visits between players.
    I like ur ideas

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Asron9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Lets not turn AL into a building game XD if you want housing , sims is a good game for you what we got for now is good as it is .
    A game with more functions is always better than anything. Just have to make sure that the choices don't clash. I like the houses, it makes some happy enjoyable times during those hours we just want to celebrate anything. Celebrated a couple of birthdays with dance parties. We sometimes need a break after bathing in too much monster blood. XD. Not that they bleed though. Haha
    The Strong one doesn't win. The one who wins is Strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sasamon View Post
    Well, nice point. We can see a lot of bugs abuse these times. Probably if they put "prize" for a friend visit your house, they will "farm" buff of this. Creating tons just to visit and give the prize to host...my ideia its a little different:

"Fame Points"
    Works like that: if you make your house PUBLIC(only public) to visits, an random player will can join(by friend list, guild, friend of a friend) and give you a point of fame, if he/her like your house..sure. And for the visitor give the "like" he will spend 2 Story Token. ALSO the visitor just can "like" 1 house per day, and not in the same house again(never). They make a LB of "Most Famous Houses" with the points of comunnity

Each season the LB restart to give a chance to new players, with new furnitures...

Ex:

1st: Sareocar' s House ------------ 1.432 Fame points
    2nd: Fareunaca' s House ----------- 1. 323 Fame points
    3rd: Jionaesaco' s House ----------- 1. 291 Fame points
    (Random names of my mind, like in the creation of toon)

Its just an idea coz this will make the players try be the owner of the most "Famous House" and help STS buying plat. Help farm players trying find new itens to house, to sell or make our house pretty

Just an idea, fell free to plus any change
    I like the fame idea, and I was thinking some sort of a visit counter that you can see how many people visited the house so far.

Also maybe instead of my previous idea, what if visiting someones house could very rarely spawn one of the deary island digsite type spots where something might randomly drop from the site when you interact with it (like a doorbell). That would just be a fun perk to visiting all your friends houses to say hello, check out thier progress and maybe get a house gift

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I like the fame idea, and I was thinking some sort of a visit counter that you can see how many people visited the house so far.

Also maybe instead of my previous idea, what if visiting someones house could very rarely spawn one of the deary island digsite type spots where something might randomly drop from the site when you interact with it (like a doorbell). That would just be a fun perk to visiting all your friends houses to say hello, check out thier progress and maybe get a house gift
    I dont know if its a good ideia give gifts, portals or whatever for visiting, its not a problem of AL but a community problem, did you see what they did with Deary's Portal? A ton of non farmed gold in game, break the economy. I do not trust in players anymore, not today...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Maybe I make my "Most Famous House" idea be a thread, would be awesome know what peoples think about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

i think it was fun having strangers visit/join the house via friends of friends makes it worthy to cozy up the place
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    i think it was fun having strangers visit/join the house via friends of friends makes it worthy to cozy up the place
    Remember the begin of houses? A LOT of strangers in your house? I like that old idea but now with a LB for that, who dont like to see a bunch of strangers its simply, bloq it in menu. And obliviouslly everybody can bloq the our house to change furnitures when want or chill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

You can still make your house open to anyone/public. But only friends and guildmates can actually enter your house using the guild or friends list.

Thats actually fine the way it is imho. I would just like to see more reasons for players to enter friends and guildies houses.

I guess there "might" be a way to make a leaderboard for most visits ("house parties") in a house. Then from leaderboard you could click and visit that house if its open to public.

It would dramatically promote houses and designing within houses. I can see the $$ pouring in for Sts. Any additional reason for players to enter other players houses would be a welcome addition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont have a house yet & not even willing to buy one. This is the mose useless part in the game as far as i see it. Actually, this is only my opinion, but id rather invest gold into higher tier jewels than spend my time decorating the useless house..

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

This would be a more "whos famous/more liked/ type of lb. large guilds could easily dominate this, and yes smart players could indeed exploit this. Leave houses as is, throw a house party with door prizes
    Avy
    12-2012

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    This would be a more "whos famous/more liked/ type of lb. large guilds could easily dominate this, and yes smart players could indeed exploit this. Leave houses as is, throw a house party with door prizes
    The orginal post of this thread was just to stir up some ideas to increase back and forth visits between players and thier houses. We dont want anything to be able to be exploited. Just a smart way that everyone can show off thier hard work on a consistent basis.

I dont want players entering thier house and 95% of the time there are tumble weeds rolling through.

Remember, All those players running around town with fancy vanities and effects are not showing off for themselves. They love getting friend requests and comments because of thier strength and looks. It gives a sense of pride.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I don't see any comparison between sims and arcane legends:

-In Sims (basicly a paying game on computer) you build a house and you live on, simulating the everyday life. Your only "challenge" is stay alive.

-IN ARCANE LEGENDS a free mmorpg on mobile (first); like many of them players can decide to own house ( there is many reasons like the social side or the "selfish" side and they both give you more fun and more glory to your character name) to immerse himself in the world of arcane legends and interact with his own environnement.

In my life, as far as i can remember Sims is the only game my sist ever played.

So I suppose this: many boys ARE AFFRAID to see the game turn in the girl favor.
    But its okay, i understand.

Myself i plan to turn it into a selfish mushroom museum for Charlie the blue, relating his epic battles with some trophies, where he can sleep on some giant wolf skins and take bath with tons of beer looking his walls covered with useless expensive gears.
    [-->EXCLUSIVE. Start reserv it.
    Later you will be allow to visit it but of course its not free (5gold blue skins and 10gold men) unless your a girl.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

The orginal post of this thread was just to stir up some ideas to increase back and forth visits between players and thier houses. We dont want anything to be able to be exploited. Just a smart way that everyone can show off thier hard work on a consistent basis.

Remember, All those players running around town with fancy vanities and effects are not showing off for themselves. They love getting friend requests and comments because of thier strength and looks. It gives a sense of pride.

I believe it should be up to the house owners to "show off their house", and watch for contests in the contest section like the one STS just held, "Better homes & Gardens". This was a voting poll, open for the entire community to enter. Contests like that one gives more home owners the oppertuniy to "show off their house".

Response to your last patagraph: You should not state what all players like, and what they want. I am a player, I don't care about the quantity of friends on my friends list. I dont care if my items sparkle or bubble, or give me immortsl stats for others too see.
    Last edited by Avaree; 07-19-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

R3l#@s3D4té->22.08.16
    *wink wink*

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    It was much fun kicking for any reason I dreamed up at the time!!! Kicking my friends made my other friends laugh at my reasons....

Boot so in so for getting naked and putting their dirty feet on my bed!!